- The role of the immune system and cytokines involved in the pathogenesis of autoimmune thyroid disease (AITD)
Endokrynol Pol 65:150-5. 2014
..This article describes the potential role of cytokines and immune mechanisms in the pathogenesis of AITD. (Endokrynol Pol 2014; 65 (2): 150-155). ..
- Thyroid nodules
Department of Paediatric Endocrinology and Rheumatology, 2nd Chair of Paediatrics, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, 27 33 Szpitalna Street, 60 572 Poznan, Poland Electronic address
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 28:245-77. 2014
..Patients with MTC are screened for germ-line RET mutations to detect carriers and identify family members for prophylactic or therapeutic thyroidectomy. ..
- A novel mitochondrial DNA deletion in a patient with Kearns-Sayre syndrome: a late-onset of the fatal cardiac conduction deficit and cardiomyopathy accompanying long-term rGH treatment
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Rheumatology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, 27 33 Szpitalna Street, 60 572, Poznan, Poland
BMC Pediatr 13:27. 2013
..Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) rearrangements are a key molecular feature of this disease, which manifest a broad phenotypic spectrum...
- Testicular adrenal rest tumors (TARTs) as a male infertility factor. Case report
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Rheumatology, 2nd Chair of Pediatrics, Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Ginekol Pol 83:700-2. 2012
..Although not many cases have been published so far the incidence of TARTs seems to be highly underdiagnosed, so it seems reasonable to consider the disease in differential diagnosis of male infertility...
- Autoimmune thyroid disease and allergic contact dermatitis: two immune-related pathologies in the same patient
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Rheumatology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 25:31-2. 2012
..The diagnostic work-up concerning antithyroid antibodies is mandatory to confirm the ongoing autoimmune process with a long-term significance...
- Virilizing ovarian tumor in a 14-year-old female with a prior familial multinodular goiter
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, 2nd Chair of Pediatrics, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:543-5. 2008
..The pathological diagnosis after left salpingo-oophorectomy was Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor. The patient has remained disease-free for 6 years...
- Increased risk of thyroid pathology in patients with thyroid hemiagenesis: results of a large cohort case-control study
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Internal Medicine, University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Eur J Endocrinol 162:153-60. 2010
..Etiopathogenesis, clinical significance, and management of patients in whom THA is diagnosed are still a matter of debate. The aim of the study is to provide the first systematic analysis of a large cohort of subjects with THA...
- A prospective study of thyroid nodular disease in children and adolescents in western Poland from 1996 to 2000 and the incidence of thyroid carcinoma relative to iodine deficiency and the Chernobyl disaster
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, University of Medical Sciences in Poznan, Poland
Pediatr Blood Cancer 42:84-92. 2004
..Chernobyl, located in the neighbouring country of Ukraine, suffered a catastrophic nuclear explosion in April 1986...