Genomes and Genes
J K Rybakowski
Affiliation: Poznan University of Medical Sciences
- Rybakowski J, Czerski P, Dmitrzak Weglarz M, Kliwicki S, Leszczynska Rodziewicz A, Permoda Osip A, et al. Clinical and pathogenic aspects of candidate genes for lithium prophylactic efficacy. J Psychopharmacol. 2012;26:368-73 pubmed publisher..Possible aspects of these genes with regard to the mechanism of lithium activity and pathogenesis of bipolar mood disorder are discussed. ..
- Rybakowski J, Borkowska A, Skibinska M, Szczepankiewicz A, Kapelski P, Leszczynska Rodziewicz A, et al. Prefrontal cognition in schizophrenia and bipolar illness in relation to Val66Met polymorphism of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2006;60:70-6 pubmed..An association of this polymorphism with performance on the N-back test in schizophrenia and not in bipolar illness may suggest that in schizophrenia, the BDNF system may be connected with early phases of information processing. ..
- Rybakowski J, Borkowska A, Czerski P, Hauser J. Eye movement disturbances in schizophrenia and a polymorphism of catechol-O-methyltransferase gene. Psychiatry Res. 2002;113:49-57 pubmed..They also point to possible gender differences as to the role of COMT in brain function in schizophrenia. ..
- Rybakowski J, Borkowska A, Czerski P, Kapelski P, Dmitrzak Weglarz M, Hauser J. An association study of dopamine receptors polymorphisms and the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test in schizophrenia. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2005;112:1575-82 pubmed..The results may suggest an association between DRD1 gene polymorphism and performance on PFC test in schizophrenia. Also, the gender-dependent role of DRD2 in this process may be presumed. ..
- Rybakowski J, Suwalska A, Czerski P, Dmitrzak Weglarz M, Leszczynska Rodziewicz A, Hauser J. Prophylactic effect of lithium in bipolar affective illness may be related to serotonin transporter genotype. Pharmacol Rep. 2005;57:124-7 pubmed..A supposition is made that prophylactic management of bipolar illness can be optimized by defining 5-HTTLPR genotype. ..
- Rybakowski J, Borkowska A, Czerski P, Dmitrzak Weglarz M, Skibinska M, Kapelski P, et al. Performance on the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test in schizophrenia and genes of dopaminergic inactivation (COMT, DAT, NET). Psychiatry Res. 2006;143:13-9 pubmed..A limitation to the interpretation of results could be small number of patients studied as well as variable psychopathological state and medication during cognitive testing. ..
- Rybakowski J, Suwalska A, Skibinska M, Dmitrzak Weglarz M, Leszczynska Rodziewicz A, Hauser J. Response to lithium prophylaxis: interaction between serotonin transporter and BDNF genes. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2007;144B:820-3 pubmed..The results obtained may show a significant epistatic interaction between 5-HTTLPR and BDNF polymorphism, and response to lithium prophylaxis. ..
- Rybakowski J, Borkowska A, Skibinska M, Hauser J. Polymorphisms of the Fyn kinase gene and a performance on the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test in schizophrenia. Psychiatr Genet. 2007;17:201-4 pubmed....
- Rybakowski J, Skibinska M, Leszczynska Rodziewicz A, Kaczmarek L, Hauser J. Matrix metalloproteinase-9 gene and bipolar mood disorder. Neuromolecular Med. 2009;11:128-32 pubmed publisher....
- Rybakowski J, Skibinska M, Suwalska A, Leszczynska Rodziewicz A, Kaczmarek L, Hauser J. Functional polymorphism of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) gene and response to lithium prophylaxis in bipolar patients. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2011;26:168-71 pubmed publisher..The functional polymorphism of the MMP-9 gene, analyzed in this study, may not be associated with the treatment response to lithium in bipolar patients. ..
- Rybakowski J, Dmitrzak Weglarz M, Kapelski P, Hauser J. Functional -1149 g/t polymorphism of the prolactin gene in schizophrenia. Neuropsychobiology. 2012;65:41-4 pubmed publisher..This could also correspond with an autoimmune pathogenesis of schizophrenia. ..
- Rybakowski J, Dmitrzak Weglarz M, Suwalska A, Leszczynska Rodziewicz A, Hauser J. Dopamine D1 receptor gene polymorphism is associated with prophylactic lithium response in bipolar disorder. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2009;42:20-2 pubmed publisher..The results obtained suggest that the higher frequency of G allele, and G/G genotype, which has been associated with a predisposition to bipolar illness, is also connected with a poorer prophylactic effect of lithium. ..