Joanna M Wieronska
Affiliation: Polish Academy of Sciences
- Wieronska J, Branski P, Siwek A, Dybala M, Nowak G, Pilc A. GABAergic dysfunction in mGlu7 receptor-deficient mice as reflected by decreased levels of glutamic acid decarboxylase 65 and 67kDa and increased reelin proteins in the hippocampus. Brain Res. 2010;1334:12-24 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that mGlu7 receptor is involved in the regulation of GABAergic system activity at the level of GABA synthesised enzymes, specific proteins expressed by GABAergic neurons and metabotropic receptor for GABA. ..
- Wieronska J, Stachowicz K, Pałucha Poniewiera A, Acher F, Branski P, Pilc A. Metabotropic glutamate receptor 4 novel agonist LSP1-2111 with anxiolytic, but not antidepressant-like activity, mediated by serotonergic and GABAergic systems. Neuropharmacology. 2010;59:627-34 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the compound was not effective in 5-HT depleted animals. The results of these studies indicate that the GABAergic and serotonergic systems are involved in the potential anxiolytic action of LSP1-2111. ..
- Wieronska J, Stachowicz K, Branski P, Pałucha Poniewiera A, Pilc A. On the mechanism of anti-hyperthermic effects of LY379268 and LY487379, group II mGlu receptors activators, in the stress-induced hyperthermia in singly housed mice. Neuropharmacology. 2012;62:322-31 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it seems that the antagonism towards GABA(A) receptors, presynaptic 5-HT(1A) and postsynaptic 5-HT(2A/2C) receptors is responsible for the phenomenon. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Anxiety and Depression'...
- Wieronska J, Stachowicz K, Acher F, Lech T, Pilc A. Opposing efficacy of group III mGlu receptor activators, LSP1-2111 and AMN082, in animal models of positive symptoms of schizophrenia. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2012;220:481-94 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we propose that among group III mGlu receptors, mGlu4 receptor may be a promising target for the development of novel antipsychotic drugs. ..
- Wozniak M, Acher F, Marciniak M, Lasoń Tyburkiewicz M, Gruca P, Papp M, et al. Involvement of GABAB Receptor Signaling in Antipsychotic-like Action of the Novel Orthosteric Agonist of the mGlu4 Receptor, LSP4-2022. Curr Neuropharmacol. 2016;14:413-26 pubmed
- Wozniak M, Gołembiowska K, Noworyta Sokołowska K, Acher F, Cieślik P, Kusek M, et al. Neurochemical and behavioral studies on the 5-HT1A-dependent antipsychotic action of the mGlu4 receptor agonist LSP4-2022. Neuropharmacology. 2017;115:149-165 pubmed publisher..This article is part of the Special Issue entitled 'Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors, 5 years on'. ..