Affiliation: Polish Academy of Sciences
- [Heart rate variability in patients with hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophy]Katarzyna Stolarz
I Klinika Kardiologii CMUJ 31 501 Kraków, ul Kopernika 17
Przegl Lek 59:703-5. 2002..Components of HRV did not differ between the hypertensives without LVH and the normotensives. In hypertensives with a LVH the high frequency component of HRV was decreased, indicating impaired para-sympathetic activity...
- [Markers of inflammation and large artery compliance in patients with chronic renal failure]Tomasz Stompor
Collegium Medicum Uniwersytetu Jagielloriskiego w Krakowie
Pol Merkur Lekarski 21:111-4; discussion 115-6. 2006..Mean AoPWV equaled 10.7 +/- 2.1 m/s. Significant correlations were found between AoPWV, age, body weight and BMI. AoPWV was associated with systolic blood pressure, mean arterial pressure and pulse pressure...
- Effect of amlodipine, quinapril, and losartan on pulse wave velocity and plasma collagen markers in patients with mild-to-moderate arterial hypertensionMarek Rajzer
1st Cardiac Department, Medical College of Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Am J Hypertens 16:439-44. 2003..The purpose of the present study was to compare changes in BP, PWV, plasma aldosterone, and collagen metabolites after treatment with amlodipine, quinapril, and losartan...
- [Antihypertensive treatment for patients with hypertension and diabetes type II--current clinical research]Marek Rajzer
I Klinika Kardiologii Collegium Medicum, Uniwersytet Jagielonski, 31 501 Krakow, ul Kopernika 17
Przegl Lek 60:111-5. 2003..Our review presents detailed information about treatment advantages and disadvantages of drugs from different antihypertensive classes in light of current clinical trials and international guidelines...
- The effect of chronic alcohol consumption on systolic and diastolic left ventricular functionMarek Rajzer
I Cardiac Department, Collegium Medicum, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Przegl Lek 61:895-901. 2004..8% vs. EF 67.4%, p<0.05). Thus, the deterioration of systolic function is significantly related with the level of alcohol consumption and duration of abuse...
- Plasma fibrin clot properties in arterial hypertension and their modification by antihypertensive medicationMarek Rajzer
Department of Cardiology and Hypertension, Institute of Cardiology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
Thromb Res 130:99-103. 2012..We sought to determine plasma fibrin clot properties in hypertensive subjects and to evaluate potential effects of antihypertensive therapy on these parameters...
- Recanalisation of coronary chronic total occlusion by retrograde approach: the first experience in PolandLeszek Bryniarski
1st Department of Cardiology, Interventional Electrocardiology, and Arterial Hypertension, Jagiellonian University, Medical College, University Hospital, Krakow, Poland
Kardiol Pol 73:167-76. 2015..The effectiveness of revascularisation procedures of coronary chronic total occlusion (CTO) has been improved by the introduction of retrograde approach...
- Increased levels of inflammatory markers in hypertensives with target organ damageMarek Jastrzebski
I Klinika Kardiologii, ul Kopernika 17, 31 501 Krakow, Poland
Kardiol Pol 64:802-9; discussion 810-1. 2006..Inflammatory markers have been reported to be elevated in hypertension...
- Renal transplantation ameliorates the progression of arterial stiffness in patients treated with peritoneal dialysisTomasz Stompor
Department of Nephrology, Jagiellonian University, Cracow, Poland
Perit Dial Int 25:492-6. 2005
- [Atypical causes of myocardial infarction--Kounis syndrome]Tomasz Kameczura
I Klinika Kardiologii i Nadciśnienia Tetniczego Uniwersytet Jagielloński, Collegium Medicum, Krakow
Przegl Lek 68:1199-201. 2011..Both of these processes are the consequence of a violent allergic reaction and the release of inflammatory markers such as histamine, proteolytic enzymes, and the products of arachidonic acid metabolism...
- Intracoronary ultrasound-guided angioplasty for coronary chronic total occlusionLeszek Bryniarski
1st Department of Cardiology and Hypertension, Jagiellonian University Collegium Medicum, Krakow, Poland
Kardiol Pol 67:992-1003. 2009..The use of intracoronary ultrasound (ICUS) may improve immediate and long-term outcomes following recanalisation. To our knowledge, no study has examined the use of ICUS-guided balloon angioplasty in CTO...
- [Sibutramine in treatment of obesity. Therapeutic premises in patients with essential hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia]Marek Rajzer
I Klinika Kardiologii Instytutu Kardiologii Collegium Medicum, Uniwersytetu Jagiellonskiego w Krakowie
Przegl Lek 61:94-8. 2004..Special attention is dedicated for clinical situations in which decrease of body mass is the key element of therapy, that is essential hypertension, diabetes and hyperlipidemia...
- [Psoriasis and cardio-vascular disorders]Anna Wojas-Pelc
Katedra i Klinika Dermatologii Collegium Medicum Uniwerytetu Jagiellońskiego w Krakowie
Przegl Lek 59:844-7. 2002..In the same order are reviewed the junctions of psoriasis and lipid and carbohydrate metabolism disorders, as well as coagulative and heart valves abnormalities...