Affiliation: Polish Academy of Sciences
- Distribution of cytomegalovirus gN variants and associated clinical sequelae in infantsEdyta Paradowska
Laboratory of Molecular Virology and Biological Chemistry, Institute of Medical Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Lodz, Poland Electronic address
J Clin Virol 58:271-5. 2013..Human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) is the most widespread cause of congenital infection. The effects of various viral strains and viral loads on the infection outcome have been under debate...
- Distribution of UL144, US28 and UL55 genotypes in Polish newborns with congenital cytomegalovirus infectionsE Paradowska
Institute of Medical Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Laboratory of Molecular Virology and Biological Chemistry, Lodowa 106, 93 232, Lodz, Poland
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 31:1335-45. 2012..0002 and p=0.040 respectively). There was no association between specific gB subtypes in all patients groups (p=0.463). There was no correlation between HCMV genotypes and the outcome...
- Detection of cytomegalovirus in human placental cells by polymerase chain reactionEdyta Paradowska
Center for Medical Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Laboratory of Molecular Virology and Biological Chemistry, Lodz, Poland
APMIS 114:764-71. 2006..Our results demonstrated that detection of HCMV DNA in placental tissues by DNA amplification provides a specific and sensitive method for diagnosis of intrauterine HCMV infection...
- Mannan-binding lectin-2 (MBL2) gene polymorphisms in prenatal and perinatal cytomegalovirus infectionsAgnieszka Szala
Laboratory of Immunobiology of Infections, Institute of Medical Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Lodowa 106, 93 232 Lodz, Poland
Mol Immunol 48:2203-6. 2011..The distribution of MBL2 haplotypes was similar between the groups studied. These data suggest MBL does not have a major influence on susceptibility to prenatal or perinatal CMV infections...
- Modification of selected anti-HCMV drugs with lipophilic boron cluster modulatorAgnieszka B Olejniczak
Institute of Medical Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Laboratory of Molecular Virology and Biological Chemistry, 106 Lodowa St, 93 232 Lodz, Poland
Acta Pol Pharm 70:489-504. 2013..The compounds were active against HCMV or HSV-1 by cytopathic effect or plaque reduction assays. None of the tested compounds had activity against HPIV-3 or VSV...
- Towards new boron carriers for boron neutron capture therapy: metallacarboranes and their nucleoside conjugatesZbigniew J Lesnikowski
Center of Medical Biology, Laboratory of Molecular Virology and Biological Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, 106 Lodowa Street, Lodz 93 232, Poland
Bioorg Med Chem 13:4168-75. 2005..The low toxicity of conjugate type of 6 together with its high partition coefficient suggest that judicially designed derivatives of metallacarboranes can be considered as potential boron carriers for BNCT...
- [Drugs against human cytomegalovirus]Zbigniew J Lesnikowski
Department of Virology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London
Pol Merkur Lekarski 13:242-9. 2002..In this outline we present anti-CMV drugs currently in clinical use and give examples of new molecules under laboratory and clinical development...