Affiliation: Polish Academy of Sciences
- The sequence and model structure analysis of three Polish peanut stunt virus strainsAleksandra Obrepalska-Steplowska
Interdepartmental Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Plant Protection Institute, W Wegorka 20 Street, 60 318 Poznan, Poland
Virus Genes 36:221-9. 2008..The definite interpretation is impeded by the presence of satellite RNAs in Ag and P strains modulating symptoms' severity, though...
- Complete nucleotide sequence of a Polish strain of Peanut stunt virus (PSV-P) that is related to but not a typical member of subgroup IAleksandra Obrepalska-Steplowska
Interdepartmental Laboratory of Molecular Biology National Research Institute, Poznan, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 55:731-9. 2008..Phylogenetic analyses, on the other hand, have revealed that PSV-P is related to representatives of the subgroup I to the same degree, with the exception of the coat protein coding sequence where PSV-P is clustered together with PSV-ER...
- [Insulin-like growth factor and interacting proteins]Aleksandra Obrepalska-Steplowska
Interdepartmental Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Plant Protection Institute, 20 Miczurina St, 60 318 Poznan, Poland
Postepy Biochem 51:69-79. 2005..Presented work describes concise review of publications concerning IGF-I structure, function, expression and proteins affecting its activity, synthesis and circulation...
- Molecular techniques for the detection of granary weevil (Sitophilus granarius L.) in wheat and flourA Obrepalska-Steplowska
Interdepartmental Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Poznan, Poland
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 25:1179-88. 2008..The primer sets used turned out to be species specific, and the technique was rapid, reliable and very sensitive...
- Analysis of the human growth hormone receptor and IGF-I coding sequences in children with growth disordersAleksandra Obrepalska-Steplowska
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 16:819-25. 2003..This suggests that the growth disorders in this group of children might be due to a defect in a DNA region regulating expression of the GHR and IGF1 genes or genes involved in their regulation...
- Analysis of two strains of Peanut stunt virus: satRNA-associated and satRNA freeAleksandra Obrepalska-Steplowska
Interdepartmental Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Plant Protection National Research Institute, Poznan, Poland
Virus Genes 44:513-21. 2012..Differences occur mainly on the protein surfaces which can possibly affect protein-protein interaction in infected cells, which is discussed...
- The nucleotide sequence of a Polish isolate of Tomato torrado virusMarta Budziszewska
Interdepartmental Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Plant Protection Institute, W Wegorka 20, Street, 60 318, Poznan, Poland
Virus Genes 37:400-6. 2008..The phylogenetic tree clustered aforementioned viruses to the same group, indicating that they have a common origin...
- Analysis of coding and promoter sequences of the IGF-I gene in children with growth disorders presenting with normal level of growth hormoneAleksandra Obrepalska-Steplowska
Department of Molecular Biology, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 16:1267-75. 2003..The results obtained excluded mutations in the coding sequence of the IGF-I gene. We conclude that testing the IGF-I P1 region, using PCR/SSCP analysis, could be useful in the diagnosis of growth disorders...
- Molecular techniques for detection of Tribolium confusum infestations in stored productsK Nowaczyk
Interdepartmental Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Plant Protection National Research Institute, Wladyslaw Wegorek str 20, 60 318 Poznan, Poland
J Econ Entomol 102:1691-5. 2009..Real-time PCR reactions with primers specific for mitochondrial DNA are considered to serve as a supplemental detection method for quantitative assessment of the infestation level...
- TaqMan REAL-Time PCR-based approach for differentiation between Globodera rostochiensis (golden nematode) and Globodera artemisiae speciesKatarzyna Nowaczyk
Interdepartmental Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Plant Protection, Poznan, Poland
Parasitol Res 103:577-81. 2008..Applied probes enable not only to identify the species in DNA mixtures but also in a single cyst. The use of a crushed cyst eliminates long-lasting procedure of DNA isolation and reduces costs of analysis...
- [Subviral molecules of RNA associated with plant ss(+)RNA viruses]Marta Pelczyk
Miedzyzakładowa Pracownia Biologii Molekularnej, Instytut Ochrony Roślin, Poznan
Postepy Biochem 52:212-21. 2006..This article is a synthetic review of information concerning subviral RNA molecules of plant viruses, their structure, functions and origin...
- Clinical significance of the insulin-like growth factor I gene promoter (P1) polymorphism in thyroid nodular diseaseRyszard Wasko
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Internal Diseases, University of Medical Sciences in Poznan, Poland
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 26:699-703. 2005..Our aim was to assess, whether the analysis of the IGF-I gene promoter region and 5'UTR exon 1 structure may be useful in assessing the risk of thyroid carcinoma...