Affiliation: Polish Academy of Sciences
- Effect of aerobic exercise on insulin, insulin-like growth factor-1 and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 in overweight and obese postmenopausal womenA Wieczorek-Baranowska
Biochemistry and Hygiene, University School of Physical Education, Poznan, Poland
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 51:525-32. 2011....
- Biochemical markers of bone metabolism in healthy elderly men. The relationship to physical activityA Nowak
Department of Hygiene, University School of Physical Education, Królowej Jadwigi str 27 39, 61 871 Poznan, Poland
Aging Male 8:75-80. 2005..This study showed the relationship between serum level of IL-1beta and bone resorption but the habitual physical activity has no effect on this cytokine activity...
- Bone mineral density and bone turnover in male masters athletes aged 40-64Alicja Nowak
Department of Hygiene, University School of Physical Education in Poznan, Poland
Aging Male 13:133-41. 2010..However, conclusions must be drawn with caution due to a large variability of biochemical markers...
- Insulin resistance and glucose tolerance in obese women: the effects of a recreational training programA Nowak
Department of Hygiene, Institute of Physiology, Biochemistry and Hygiene, University School of Physical Education, Poznan, Poland
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 48:252-8. 2008..Additionally, we intended to assess a possible correlation between insulin resistance index HOMA(IR) with another index including serum adiponectin concentrations...
- Osteocalcin and glucose metabolism in postmenopausal women subjected to aerobic training program for 8 weeksAnna Wieczorek-Baranowska
Department of Hygiene, University School of Physical Education, Królowej Jadwigi 27 39, 61 871 Poznan, Poland
Metabolism 61:542-5. 2012..However, no direct relationships between training-related changes in OC concentrations and metabolic markers were observed...
- Can von Willebrand factor, platelet-endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 and thrombomodulin be used as alternative markers of endothelial cell injury in human glomerulonephritis?Z I Niemir
Laboratory for Molecular Nephrology, Department of Nephrology, Transplantology and Internal Diseases, Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Rocz Akad Med Bialymst 49:213-8. 2004..There is growing evidence that endothelial cells (EC) are active participants of an inflammatory process in glomeruli...
- Response of oxidative stress markers and antioxidant parameters to an 8-week aerobic physical activity program in healthy, postmenopausal womenJoanna Karolkiewicz
University School of Physical Education, Królowej Jadwigi str 27 39, 61 871 Poznan, Poland
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 49:e67-71. 2009..01) over the study period. The results show that an 8-week aerobic training enhanced insulin sensitivity, and improved the balance between oxidants and antioxidants in healthy, postmenopausal women...
- Serum concentration of visfatin is decreased in patients with chronic heart failureEwa Straburzyńska-Migaj
1st Department of Cardiology, Poznan, University of Medical Sciences, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 59:339-43. 2012..There is an increasing interest in the role of adipocytokines in cardiovascular pathophysiology...
- Oxidative stress and antioxidant defense system in healthy, elderly men: relationship to physical activityJ Karolkiewicz
Department of Hygiene, University School of Physical Education, , 61-871 Pozna, Poland
Aging Male 6:100-5. 2003..63; p < 0.05). The results indicate that habitual physical activity can favorably affect antioxidant potential and prevent lipid peroxidation in healthy, elderly men...
- Early phase 2 inpatient rehabilitation after acute coronary syndrome treated with primary percutaneous coronary intervention: short- and long-term effects on blood pressure and metabolic parametersEwa Deskur-Smielecka
Department of Cardiac Rehabilitation, University School of Physical Education, Poznan, Poland
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 90:589-98. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the 1-yr follow-up effects of inpatient rehabilitation and its prolongation with an ambulatory training program on blood pressure and metabolic risk factors in patients after an acute coronary syndrome...
- Visfatin, resistin, hsCRP and insulin resistance in relation to abdominal obesity in women with rheumatoid arthritisA Straburzyńska-Lupa
Department of Physiotherapy, University School of Physical Education, Poznan, Poland and Higher Vocational State School in Kalisz, Poland
Clin Exp Rheumatol 28:19-24. 2010..The purpose of the study was to investigate serum levels of visfatin, resistin, hsCRP and insulin resistance in relation to abdominal obesity in patients with RA...
- Ethical issues in endoscopy: patient satisfaction, safety in elderly patients, palliation, and relations with industry. Second European Symposium on Ethics in Gastroenterology and Digestive Endoscopy, Kos, Greece, July 2006S D Ladas
European Society of Gastroenterology, Munich, Germany
Endoscopy 39:556-65. 2007
- Even young patients with no alarm symptoms should undergo endoscopy for earlier diagnosis of gastric cancerH Bołdys
Department of Gastroenterology, Silesian University School of Medicine, ul Medykow 14, 40 752 Katowice, Poland
Endoscopy 35:61-7. 2003..quot; This study was conducted to test whether this policy might lead to an increased rate of delayed diagnosis of gastric cancer, especially in a population with a high prevalence of the disease...
- [Adolescent endometriosis]A Nowak
Ginekol Pol 72:335-40. 2001..One ascertained also, that sensibilizing of doctors on predisposing factors to formations of endometriosis (congenital malformations, intrauterine device) can contribute to preventive activities...