- Short-term memory capacity (7 ± 2) predicted by theta to gamma cycle length ratioJan Kaminski
Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Department of Neurophysiology, Warsaw, Poland
Neurobiol Learn Mem 95:19-23. 2011..In this study we also demonstrated a new method for assessing individual theta and gamma frequencies by detecting functional coupling between these oscillations...
- Gap junction blockade eliminates supralinear summation of fast (> 200 Hz) oscillatory components during sensory integration in the rat barrel cortexJan Kaminski
Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Department of Neurophysiology, 3 Pasteur Street, 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
Brain Res Bull 85:424-8. 2011..These results indicate that gap junctions are involved in the synchronization of cortical high frequency oscillations and integration of multiple whisker responses...
- Two streams of attention-dependent beta activity in the striate recipient zone of cat's lateral posterior-pulvinar complexAndrzej Wrobel
Department of Neurophysiology, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
J Neurosci 27:2230-40. 2007..Our observations suggest that LPl-c belongs to the wide corticothalamic attentional system, which is functionally segregated by distinct streams of beta activity...
- β band oscillations engagement in human alertness processJan Kaminski
Laboratory of Visual System, Department of Neurophysiology, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Poland
Int J Psychophysiol 85:125-8. 2012..The results indicated that increased alertness, manifested by faster responses to target visual stimuli, is accompanied by higher EEG activation in beta band...
- Application of directed transfer function and network formalism for the assessment of functional connectivity in working memory taskKatarzyna J Blinowska
Department of Biomedical Physics, Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland
Philos Trans A Math Phys Eng Sci 371:20110614. 2013..The presented detailed temporal and spatial patterns of propagation are in line with the neurophysiological hypotheses concerning the role of gamma and theta activity in information processing during a working memory task...