Affiliation: Medical University
- Relationship between the area of isopters and Vigabatrin dosage during two years of observationKatarzyna Nowomiejska
Department of General Ophthalmology, Medical University, ul, Chmielna 1, 20 079 Lublin, Poland
BMC Ophthalmol 14:56. 2014....
- Deterioration of filtering bleb morphology and function after phacoemulsificationMonika Sałaga-Pylak
Chair of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Lublin, Chmielna Str No 1, 20 079 Lublin, Poland
BMC Ophthalmol 13:17. 2013..The aim of the study was to analyse the effect of phacoemulsification with posterior chamber lens implantation on the morphology and function of filtering bleb in patients after previous successful trabeculectomy...
- Neuroprotection by acetoacetate and β-hydroxybutyrate against NMDA-induced RGC damage in rat--possible involvement of kynurenic acidSebastian Thaler
Centre for Ophthalmology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 248:1729-35. 2010..Additionally, the influence of ACA and BHB on kynurenic acid (KYNA) production was assessed in vitro in bovine retinal slices...
- [Late postoperative choroidal detachment]Tomasz Zarnowski
Katedra i I Klinika Okulistyki Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Lublinie
Klin Oczna 110:196-8. 2008..However, one of the patients after phacoemulsification developed recurrent choroidal detachment shortly after application of timolol drops used due to IOP elevation. Detachment resolved spontaneously after discontinuation of timolol...
- Elevated concentrations of kynurenic acid, a tryptophan derivative, in dense nuclear cataractsTomasz Zarnowski
Tadeusz Krwawicz Chair of Ophthalmology and 1st Eye Hospital, Medical University of Lublin Lublin, Poland
Curr Eye Res 32:27-32. 2007....
- Kynurenic acid synthesis in bovine retinal slices--effect of glutamate agonistsT Zarnowski
Tadeusz Krwawicz Chair of Ophthalmology and 1st Eye Hospital, Medical University of Lublin, Poland
J Neural Transm 113:1367-72. 2006..These data demonstrate that glutamate, aspartate and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) inhibit KYNA synthesis in bovine retinal slices with different potency...
- Evidence for intraocular synthesis of kynurenic acid, a putative endogenous neuroprotectantT Zarnowski
Department of Ophthalmology and 1st Eye Hospital, Medical University School, Lublin, Poland
Ophthalmic Res 33:107-10. 2001..6% after 2 h, 47.8% after 24 h and 21.5% after 48 h. It can be concluded that AOAA decreases the intravitreal concentration of KYNA, providing evidence of its intraocular origin...
- Content of kynurenic acid and activity of kynurenine aminotransferases in mammalian eyesTomasz Zarnowski
Tadeusz Krwawicz Chair of Ophthalmology and 1st Eye Hospital, Lublin, Poland
Ophthalmic Res 36:124-8. 2004..The values of KYNA and KAT observed in other mammalian species tested were in the same range. In conclusion, KYNA and KAT enzymatic activity are present in the structures of human and other mammalian eyes...
- Changes of kynurenic acid content in the rat and chicken retina during ontogenyRobert Rejdak
Department of Pathophysiology of Vision and Neuro ophthalmology, University Eye Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 240:687-91. 2002..After showing the presence of KYNA and its synthesising enzymes in the adult rat retina, we examined developmental changes of KYNA content in both vascularised rat and avascular chicken retinas...
- Alterations of kynurenic acid content in the retina in response to retinal ganglion cell damageRobert Rejdak
Department of Pathophysiology of Vision and Neuro ophthalmology, Division of Experimental Ophthalmology, University Eye Hospital, Röntgenweg 11, D 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Vision Res 43:497-503. 2003..It is conceivable that KYNA deficiency is causally related to the pathology of excitotoxic retinal diseases...
- Kearns-Sayre syndrome, abnormal corneal endothelium and normal tension glaucomaTomasz Zarnowski
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 81:543-5. 2003
- [Anterior chamber inflammation following cataract surgery in patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus]Tomasz Zarnowski
Katedry i I Kliniki Okulistyki Akademii Medycznej w Lublinie
Klin Oczna 104:354-6. 2002..The aim of the study was to estimate the early breakdown of the blood-aqueous barrier (BAB) following uneventful cataract surgery in patients with non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus...
- Immunohistochemical identification of kynurenine aminotransferases in corpora amylacea in the human retina and optic nerveRobert Rejdak
Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Department of Ophthalmology, Schwabachanlage 6, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Folia Neuropathol 45:66-71. 2007..This study examines KAT I and II immunoreactivity in CAm in the human retina and optic nerve...
- [Application of frequency doubling technology perimetry in the diagnosis of glaucoma]Piotr Kawa
I Kliniki Okulistyki Akademii Medycznej w Lublinie
Klin Oczna 104:391-4. 2002..Evaluation of the frequency doubling technology perimetry in the detection of an early glaucomatous field loss...
- Citicoline and lithium rescue retinal ganglion cells following partial optic nerve crush in the ratFrank Schuettauf
Department of Pathophysiology of Vision and Neuro ophthalmology, University Eye Hospital, Röntgenweg 11, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Exp Eye Res 83:1128-34. 2006..Both citicoline and lithium protect RGC and their axons in vivo against delayed degeneration triggered by the ONC. Retinoprotective action of both drugs may involve an increase in Bcl-2 expression...
- Ontogenic changes of kynurenine aminotransferase I activity and its expression in the chicken retinaRobert Rejdak
Department of Pathophysiology of Vision and Neuro ophthalmology, Division of Experimental Ophthalmology, University Eye Hospital, Röntgenweg 11, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Vision Res 43:1513-7. 2003..Since KAT I activity is high in the late embryonic stages, it is conceivable that it plays a neuromodulatory role in the retina during the late phase of embryogenesis...
- [Applicability of semi-automated kinetic perimetry (SKP) in the assessment of the visual field loss due to retinitis pigmentosa]Katarzyna Nowomiejska
Katedry Okulistyki im Tadeusza Krwawicza i I Kliniki Okulistyki Akademii Medycznej w Lublinie
Klin Oczna 106:500-2. 2004..To assess the applicability of a new technique of kinetic visual field examination--semi-automated kinetic perimetry (SKP)--in patients suffering from the visual field defects due to retinitis pigmentosa...
- Results of Nd:YAG laser capsulotomy in posterior capsule opacificationMonika Polak
1st Eye Hospital, Medical University of Lublin
Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska Med 57:357-63. 2002..Nd:YAG laser capsulotomy is one of the best methods of treatment of posterior capsule opacification. It appears to be effective, safe, non-invasive and it does not require patient hospitalisation...
- [Quantification of isopters using semiautomated kinetic perimetry (SKP) in glaucoma patients with advanced retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) loss]Katarzyna Nowomiejska
I Kliniki Okulistyki Akademii Medycznej w Lublinie
Klin Oczna 106:228-30. 2004..To quantify the area of isopters obtained using a new technique of kinetic visual field examination--semi-automated kinetic perimetry (SKP)--in case of advanced retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) loss, caused by glaucoma...