Affiliation: Medical University
- Hormonal activity in clinically silent adrenal incidentalomasAnna Babinska
Department of Endocrinology and Internal Diseases, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland
Arch Med Sci 8:97-103. 2012..The aim of our study was a retrospective analysis of selected clinical characteristics and hormonal studies in accidentally discovered adrenal tumours...
- Adrenal myelolipomas composed with adrenal nodular hyperplasia in the same glandAnna Babinska
Department of Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
Pol J Pathol 63:45-8. 2012..Two myelolipomas have been reported as isolated adrenal masses and two - in association with adrenocortical nodular hyperplasia...
- Nesidioblastosis--a rare cause of hypoglycaemia in adultsA Babinska
Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Hemostatic Disorders, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 113:350-3. 2005..In a histopathological examination supplemented with immunohistochemical tests, nesidioblastosis - a rare cause of hypoglycaemia in adults - was diagnosed...
- [Incidentally discovered adrenal masses in the Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Hemostatic Disorders, Medical University of Gdansk]Anna Babinska
Kliniki Chorób Wewnetrznych, Endokrynologii i Zaburzen Hemostazy, Akademii Medycznej w Gdansku
Wiad Lek 59:744-50. 2006..Most of studies report the prevalence of adrenal incidentaloma range between 1 and 10% in radiological series...
- The role of immunohistochemistry in histopathological diagnostics of clinically "silent" incidentally detected adrenal massesA Babinska
Department of Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 116:246-51. 2008..Even up to 16% of incidentalomas of adrenal glands can be malignant lesions. The issue of crucial importance is the histopathological differentiation between benign lesions and malignant tumours of the adrenal cortex and medulla...
- Myocardial infarction in a 30-year-old patient with pheochromocytoma and type 1 neurofibromatosisAnna Babinska
Clinic of Endocrinology and Internal Diseases, Medical Academy, Gdansk, Poland
Pol Arch Med Wewn 118:517-23. 2008..The diagnosis toward PHEO is recommended if the patient with NF1 shows arterial hypertension. Proper diagnosis and treatment protects the patient against life-threatening cardiovascular complications...