Affiliation: Medical University
- A case of a solitary form of Castleman disease: ten-year follow-upGrzegorz Turek
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Neurol Neurochir Pol 47:179-83. 2013..This picture was consistent with a plasma cell type of CD. Ten-year follow-up supports a notion that total surgical excision of the solitary intracranial infiltration is curative in plasma cell type of CD...
- Accuracy of transcranial colour-coded sonography in the diagnosis of anterior cerebral artery vasospasmGrzegorz Turek
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical University of Bialystok, Skłodowskiej Curie 24A, 15 276 Bialystok, Poland
Neurol Neurochir Pol 46:233-8. 2012..Relevant data concerning the anterior cerebral artery (ACA) varies amongst studies. The aim of this study was to assess the performance of TCCS in the diagnosis of spasm affecting the ACA...
- [Sonographic diagnosis and endovascular recanalization of the internal carotid artery in a patient with carotid thromboembolism following coiling of cerebral aneurysm]Grzegorz Turek
Klinika Neurochirurgii, Uniwersytet Medyczny w Białymstoku, Białystok, Polska
Neurol Neurochir Pol 45:286-91. 2011..TCCS enables early differential diagnosis of this potentially devastating sequel...
- Operative field temperature during transnasal endoscopic cranial base proceduresTomasz Lyson
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical University of Bialystok, M Sklodowskiej Curie 24 A Str, 15 276, Bialystok, Poland
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 155:903-8. 2013..The aim of this study was to record the temperature close to the structures of the skull base and in the intradural space during the procedures performed using extended endoscopic transnasal approaches...
- Mast cells evaluation in meningioma of various gradesJoanna Reszec
Department of Medical Pathomorphology, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 50:542-6. 2012..The immunostained cells were observed close to the blood vessels. We conclude that the number of mast cells might be a significant prognostic factor for the recurrence or bad prognosis of meningiomas...
- Endoscopic transconjunctival surgical approach to intraconal space of the orbit: first clinical experienceTomasz Lyson
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland Electronic address
Neurol Neurochir Pol 48:248-53. 2014..However, no report on clinical validation of this promising technique was published thus far. We present our experiences with the TEA approach in two patients...
- Influence of smoking cigarettes on cerebral blood flow parametersJan Kochanowicz
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland Department of Invasive Neurology, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Biol Res Nurs 17:8-12. 2015..While chronic cigarette smoking can lead to increased risk of stroke, the acute effects of smoking have not been established. We studied the changes in blood flow parameters in the major cerebral arteries caused by smoking one cigarette...
- [Transnasal endoscopic approaches to the cranial base]Tomasz Lyson
Klinika Neurochirurgii, Uniwersytet Medyczny w Białymstoku, Białystok
Neurol Neurochir Pol 47:63-73. 2013..The purpose of this contribution is to review the hitherto established endoscopic approaches to the skull base and to illustrate them with photographs obtained during self-performed procedures and/or cadaver studies...
- Normal reference values of ratios of blood flow velocities in internal carotid artery to those in common carotid artery using Doppler sonographyJan Kochanowicz
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
J Clin Ultrasound 37:208-11. 2009..We provide reference data for the V(ICA)/V(CCA) ratios for the peak systolic velocity (PSV), mean velocity (MV), and end-diastolic velocity (EDV) measured in a large group of healthy subjects...
- Late ophthalmological assessment of patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage and clipping of cerebral aneurysmIwona Obuchowska
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 153:2127-36. 2011..To estimate prospectively late ocular manifestations in patients after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) treated with aneurysm clipping...