Affiliation: Medical University of Warsaw
- Interhemispheric differences of sleep EEG complexityW Szelenberger
Department of Psychiatry, Medical Academy, Warsaw, Poland
Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 56:955-9. 1996..15, df1 = 4, df2 = 6856, P < 0.0005). The opposite trend was found in depressives (F = 10.51, df1 = 4, df2 = 3960, P < 0.0001)...
- [Localization of attention related cortical structures by evoked potentials]W Szelenberger
Katedra i Klinika Psychiatryczna Akademii Medycznej w Warszawie
Neurol Neurochir Pol 34:43-52. 2000..After target stimuli increase of current density in frontal derivations was observed, with the maximal value in the left 9 Brodmann area...
- Event-related current density in primary insomniaW Szelenberger
Department of Psychiatry, Medical University of Warsaw, 00 665 Warsaw, 27 Nowowiejska St, Poland
Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 61:299-308. 2001..These stimulus processing differences correlated most consistently with severity of insomnia. Neuropsychological impairment correlated most strongly with less current density in Brodmann area 10...
- Increased prefrontal event-related current density after sleep deprivationWaldemar Szelenberger
Department of Psychiatry, Medical University of Warsaw, 00 665 Warsaw, Poland
Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 65:19-28. 2005..Our results are consistent with earlier data indicating that increased activation of the prefrontal cortex allows the maintainance of performance during periods of sleep loss...
- Sleepwalking and night terrors: psychopathological and psychophysiological correlatesWaldemar Szelenberger
Medical University of Warsaw, Department of Psychiatry, Poland
Int Rev Psychiatry 17:263-70. 2005..Recently published data on low delta power in the first sleep cycle and slow decline of delta power in successive sleep cycles suggest a chronic inability to sustain slow wave sleep...
- Nonlinear dynamics of the cardiovascular parameters in sleep and sleep apnea. In memory of Alberto Malliani (1935-2006)--a brave heart and beautiful mindM Smietanowski
Department of Experimental and Clinical Physiology, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 57:55-68. 2006..08 to - 0.12. Changes in BBC and COT along with power spectra and nonlinear dynamics indices appear to signal risk and/or initiation of arterial hypertension in OSAS patients...
- [Psychophysiological correlates of primary insomnia]S Niemcewicz
Katedry i Kliniki Psychiatrycznej AM w Warszawie
Psychiatr Pol 35:583-91. 2001..To sum up, the hypothesis on 24-hour hyperarousal in primary insomnia has been confirmed and learning impairment has been documented in the present study, independent of standard polysomnographic parameters...
- A simple system for detection of EEG artifacts in polysomnographic recordingsP J Durka
Laboratory of Medical Physics, Warsaw University, ul Hoza 69, 00 681 Warszawa, Poland
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 50:526-8. 2003..Complete software (Matlab source code) for the presented system is freely available from the Internet at http://brain.fuw.edu.pl/artifacts...
- Task related difference EEG spectrum--a new diagnostic method for neuropsychiatric disordersP Rajna
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, General Medical Faculty, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Med Hypotheses 61:390-7. 2003..Standardization of the test is essential for the introduction of ERDS to the every-day routine of clinical neuropsychiatry...