Affiliation: Medical University
- Assessment of quality of life in patients with non-operated pancreatic cancer after videothoracoscopic splanchnicectomyJacek Smigielski
Department of Thorax, General Surgery and Oncology, Medical University, Lodz, Poland
Wideochir Inne Tech Malo Inwazyjne 6:132-7. 2011..Pancreatic cancer patients with no other alternative but palliative treatment constitute a large group...
- Advanced anal squamous cell carcinoma -- radiotherapy or surgery?J Smigielski
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Chirurgia (Bucur) 107:626-30. 2012..23). The mean 5-year disease-free survival rate was rather similar to the same rate of the general group, whereas the post-operative complications occurred in 66% of surgical procedures and 27% of teleradiotherapeutic procedures...
- Degradation of collagen by metalloproteinase 2 in patients with abdominal herniasJ Smigielski
Department of Endocrinological and General Surgery, Medical University of Lodz, ul Północna 42, Lodz, Poland
Eur Surg Res 42:118-21. 2009..The aims of our study were: (1) to estimate the MMP-2 levels in the blood and tissues of patients with a groin hernia; (2) to answer the question of whether changes in MMP-2 activity correlate with the occurrence of inguinal hernias...
- Serum MMP 2 and TIMP 2 in patients with inguinal herniasJacek Smigielski
Department of Thoracic, Oncologic and General Surgery, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Eur J Clin Invest 41:584-8. 2011..Recent studies suggested a pronounced relationship between the molecular structure of collagen fibers and the activity of metalloproteinases, the enzymes taking part in the degradation of collagen, as well as their tissue inhibitors...
- Gastric perforation as a complication after BioEnterics intragastric balloon bariatric treatment in obese patients--synergy of endoscopy and videosurgeryJacek Arkadiusz Smigielski
Clinic of Thoracic Surgery, General and Oncological Surgery, Medical University, 113 Zeromskiego Street, 90 549, Lodz, Poland
Obes Surg 20:1597-9. 2010..We report a case of such a complication after BioEnterics intragastric balloon insertion in a 60-year-old female patient and subsequent cooperation between an endoscopist and bariatric videosurgeon in her treatment...
- [Paliative procedures in cholangiocarcinomas--experience of 5 centers]Jacek Smigielski
Department of Thorax, General Surgery and Oncology, Medical University, Łódź
Pol Merkur Lekarski 26:416-9. 2009..In the most cases the prothesis implanted by ERCP and surgical digestive bypasses are applied...
- The estimation of metaloproteinases and their inhibitors blood levels in patients with pancreatic tumorsJacek Smigielski
Department of Thoracic, General and Oncological Surgery, Medical University, 113 Zeromskiego Street, 90 549 Lodz, Poland
World J Surg Oncol 11:137. 2013..The aim of the study was to evaluate the concentration of proteolytic enzymes, MMP-2 and MMP-9, and their tissue inhibitors, TIMP-1 and TIMP-2, in the blood of patients with benign and malignant pancreatic tumors...
- Outcome of pseudocysts complicating chronic pancreatitisRenata Talar-Wojnarowska
Department of Digestive Tract Diseases, Medical University, Lodz, Poland
Hepatogastroenterology 57:631-4. 2010..The aim of our study was to establish a possible correlation between clinical features and outcome of pseudocysts complicating chronic pancreatitis...
- A comparative analysis of K-ras mutation and carcinoembryonic antigen in pancreatic cyst fluidRenata Talar-Wojnarowska
Department of Digestive Tract Diseases, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Pancreatology 12:417-20. 2012..The aim of our study was to assess the diagnostic utility of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and K-ras gene mutation in pancreatic cysts fluid...
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of thoracic sympathectomy in the treatment of primary hyperhidrosis of hands and armpits using the measurement of skin resistancePiotr Misiak
Department of Chest Surgery, General and Oncological Surgery, University Hospital WAM and CSW Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Wideochir Inne Tech Malo Inwazyjne 7:147-55. 2012..Thoracic sympathectomy is now considered to be the "gold standard" in the treatment of idiopathic hyperhidrosis of hands and armpits...
- Comparison of early results of surgical treatment in patients with pancreatic cancerJacek Smigielski
Department of Thoracic, General and Oncologic Surgery, Medical University, Łódź
Pol Przegl Chir 84:1-5. 2012..The most frequently used technique of pancreatoduodenectomy is the Child-Waugh method. The procedure can be performed in a classic way or as modified by Traverso (with preservation of the pylorus)...
- Assessment of frequency and safety of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in patients over 80 years of ageRenata Talar-Wojnarowska
Department of Digestive Tract Diseases, Medical University of Łódź, Łódź, Poland
Pol Arch Med Wewn 119:136-40. 2009..Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) is a diagnostic and therapeutic procedure performed more and more frequently also in elderly patients...