Affiliation: Medical University of Lodz
- [The occurrence of the cleft lip and/or palate in cleft-twins]Małgorzata Kot
Klinika Chirurgii Plastycznej Instytutu Chirurgii Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Lodzi
Pol Merkur Lekarski 19:614-6. 2005..The etiopathogenesis of this malformation, in 17-20%, results from genetic factors. Researches on the occurrence of cleft lip and palate in twins strongly confirm the heredity of the malformation...
- Should we say NO to body piercing in children? Complications after ear piercing in childrenMarta Fijałkowska
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Institute of Surgery, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Int J Dermatol 50:467-9. 2011..The percentage of various complications following such procedures is growing. The aim of this paper is to present a rare complication after earlobe piercing, which happened to a child...
- Tattooing and body piercing--what motivates you to do it?Bogusław Antoszewski
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Institute of Surgery, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Int J Soc Psychiatry 56:471-9. 2010..Body ornamentation is becoming more and more popular, especially among young people...
- Are we aware of all complications following body piercing procedures?Bogusław Antoszewski
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery, Institute of Surgery, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Int J Dermatol 48:422-5. 2009..Body piercing, depending on the age and social group, is believed to involve up to 51% of the general population. Complications following piercing procedures are variable...
- The metric features of teeth in female-to-male transsexualsBogusław Antoszewski
Plastic Surgery Clinic, Institute of Surgery, Medical University of Lodz, Kopcinskiego 22, Lodz, Poland
Arch Sex Behav 38:351-8. 2009..The results showed intermediate status of female-to-male transsexuals' teeth between the males and females, which may suggest a genetic basis of transsexualism...
- Complications after body piercing in patient suffering from type 1 diabetes mellitusBogusław Antoszewski
Plastic Surgery Clinic, Institute of Surgery, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Int J Dermatol 46:1250-2. 2007..Body piercing has been a well-known practice of body ornamentation. Nowadays, it is believed to involve from 6.5% to 50% of the population. Complications after body piercing procedures are variable...
- Are body piercing and tattooing safe fashions?Boguslaw Antoszewski
Plastic Surgery Clinic, University Hospital No 1, Kopcinskiego 22, 90 153 Lodz
Eur J Dermatol 16:572-5. 2006..We conclude that body piercing is connected with a higher risk of more serious complications than tattooing. There is a social awareness of this so piercing procedures are more often done in professional establishments...
- Biometric characteristics of the pelvis in female-to-male transsexualsAneta Sitek
Department of Anthropology, University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Arch Sex Behav 41:1303-13. 2012..A discriminant analysis based only on pelvic metric features shows some differences between the size of the pelvis and chromosomal sex in FtM transsexuals, which might indicate a biological basis for gender identity disorder...
- Long-term results of breast reduction in female-to-male transsexualsBogusław Antoszewski
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Institute of Surgery, Medical University, Łódź
Pol Przegl Chir 84:144-51. 2012..THE AIM OF THIS STUDY was to evaluate the long-term results of breast reduction in FtM transsexual persons, taking into account breast size and surgical technique. The doctors' and patients' opinions about the results were also compared...
- [Developmental disturbances of medial part of face of patients with bilateral cleft lip and palate with special consideration of a nose]Joanna Nieczuj-Urbańska
Katedra Antropologii Uniwersytetu Lódzkiego
Otolaryngol Pol 60:537-42. 2006..Intersexual comparison of these values with the use of t-Student test was done. In order to distinguish homologues features in respect to the comparative group, one-way ANOVA and test post hoc (Duncan) were used...