Affiliation: Medical University
- Phytochelatin production in freshwater algae Stigeoclonium in response to heavy metals contained in mining water; effects of some environmental factorsB Pawlik-Skowronska
Institute of Ecology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Experimental Station, Niecala 18 3, 20 080, Lublin, Poland
Aquat Toxicol 52:241-9. 2001..The PC production in algae of the genus Stigeoclonium exposed to the heavy metal mixture is discussed in the context of various metal bioavailability and the algal adaptation to complex aquatic environment...
- Response of two terrestrial green microalgae (Chlorophyta, Trebouxiophyceae) isolated from Cu-rich and unpolluted soils to copper stressRenata Kalinowska
Centre for Ecological Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, Experimental Station, Niecała18 3, 20 080 Lublin, Poland
Environ Pollut 158:2778-85. 2010..3 to 6.2, while it was lower than 1.0 in G. terricola. Low intracellular Cu-accumulation and maintenance of high GSH level concomitant with PCs production seem to be responsible for a higher Cu-resistance of S. minor than G. terricola...
- Correlations between toxic Pb effects and production of Pb-induced thiol peptides in the microalga Stichococcus bacillarisBarbara Pawlik-Skowronska
Institute of Ecology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Experimental Station, Lublin
Environ Pollut 119:119-27. 2002....
- Arsenic availability, toxicity and direct role of GSH and phytochelatins in As detoxification in the green alga Stichococcus bacillarisB Pawlik-Skowronska
Centre for Ecological Research, Polish Academy of Sciences at Dziekanów Leśny, Experimental Station, Niecała 18 3, 20 080 Lublin, Poland
Aquat Toxicol 70:201-12. 2004..The intracellular concentration of As was greater than that of non-protein SH groups which suggests that not all the arsenic in algal cells was complexed and detoxified by thiol groups...
- Concentrations of phytochelatins and glutathione found in natural assemblages of seaweeds depend on species and metal concentrations of the habitatBarbara Pawlik-Skowronska
Centre for Ecological Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, Dziekanow Lesny, Experimental Station, Niecała 18, 20 080 Lublin, Poland
Aquat Toxicol 83:190-9. 2007..However, the involvement of thiol peptides in metal homeostasis, detoxification and resistance varies between seaweed species that are growing under the same environmental conditions...
- When adapted to high zinc concentrations the periphytic green alga Stigeoclonium tenue produces high amounts of novel phytochelatin-related peptidesBarbara Pawlik-Skowronska
Department of Ecotoxicology and Ecology of Microorganisms, Institute of Ecology Niecała 18 3, 20 080, Lublin, Poland
Aquat Toxicol 62:155-63. 2003..tenue (S), isolated from unpolluted water, suggest that they are essential in the adaptation of S. tenue (T) to increased heavy metal concentrations...
- Effects of microcystin-containing cyanobacterial extract on hematological and biochemical parameters of common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.)Anna Sieroslawska
Department of Physiology and Ecotoxicology, Institute of Biotechnology, The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, ul Konstantynów 1 H, 20 708 Lublin, Poland
Fish Physiol Biochem 38:1159-67. 2012..Additionally, detected changes in lysozyme and ceruloplasmin activity may have distinct effects in fish resistance against pathogens or oxidative stress, which should be taken into account in the future studies...
- Toxicity of cyanobacterial bloom in the eutrophic dam reservoir (Southeast Poland)Anna Sierosławska
The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, Department of Physiology and Ecotoxicology, Norwida 4, Lublin, Poland
Environ Toxicol Chem 29:556-60. 2010..68 g dry weight/L of the scum. On the basis of evaluated toxicity units, the cyanobacterial extract was classified at class IV toxicity, which means high toxic hazard...