Affiliation: Medical University
- Prevalence of primary hyperparathyroidism among patients with low bone massW Misiorowski
Endocrinology Department, Medical Centre for Postgraduate Education, Bielanski Hospital, Warsaw, Poland
Adv Med Sci 57:308-13. 2012..However, there are no data about the relative frequency of the PHPT in the subpopulation with the low bone mass. The aim of the study was to evaluate the diagnostic power of the bone densitometry in diagnosis of PHPT...
- [Parathyroid hormone and its analogues - molecular mechanisms of action and efficacy of osteoporosis therapy]Waldemar Misiorowski
Klinika Endokrynologii, Centrum Medyczne Kształcenia Podyplomowego, Warszawa
Endokrynol Pol 62:32-6. 2011..The relatively short therapy period with a PTH analogue (24 months) should then be replaced and continued by anti-resorptive treatment...
- [Alendronate increases bone mineral density in patients with symptomatic primary hyperparathyroidism]Waldemar Misiorowski
Department of Endocrinology, Medical Center of Postgraduate Education, Warsaw, Poland
Endokrynol Pol 56:871-5. 2005..Alendronate may be a useful alternative to parathyroidectomy in symptomatic PHPT among those with low BMD, who are candidates for surgery but either decline or for whom surgery is contraindicated...
- Parathyroid hormone and its analogues--molecular mechanisms of action and efficacy in osteoporosis therapyWaldemar Misiorowski
Department of Endocrinology, Medical Centre of Postgraduate Education, Warszawa, Poland
Endokrynol Pol 62:73-8. 2011..The relatively short therapy period with a PTH analogue (24 months) should then be replaced and continued by anti-resorptive treatment...
- In acromegaly, increased bone mineral density (BMD) is determined by GH-excess, gonadal function and genderWojciech Zgliczynski
Department of Endocrinology, Centre for Postgraduate Medical Education, Warsaw, Poland
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 28:621-8. 2007..The aim of our study was to evaluate bone metabolism and bone mineral density (BMD), and to indicate the main determinants of these parameters in a large group of patients with active acromegaly...