Affiliation: Medical University
- Małyszko J, Małyszko J, Hryszko T, Myśliwiec M. Thrombin activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI) and markers of endothelial cell injury in dialyzed patients with diabetic nephropathy. Thromb Haemost. 2004;91:480-6 pubmed..In these patients there is also evidence of endothelial injury, and probably secondary activation of the coagulation cascade. ..
- Malyszko J, Malyszko J, Pawlak K, Mysliwiec M. Resistin, a new adipokine, is related to inflammation and renal function in kidney allograft recipients. Transplant Proc. 2006;38:3434-6 pubmed..The relation of elevated resistin levels to markers of inflammation may represent a novel link between these conditions and adipocytokines. Renal function was a major determinant of elevated resistin in kidney allograft recipients. ..
- Malyszko J, Malyszko J, Kozminski P, Pawlak K, Mysliwiec M. Adipokines, linking adipocytes and vascular function in hemodialyzed patients, may also be possibly related to CD146, a novel adhesion molecule. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2008;14:338-45 pubmed..The data provide further support for a link between adipocytokines, endothelial dysfunction, cardiovascular risk, and renal failure. ..
- Malyszko J, Bachorzewska Gajewska H, Malyszko J, Pawlak K, Dobrzycki S. Serum neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin as a marker of renal function in hypertensive and normotensive patients with coronary artery disease. Nephrology (Carlton). 2008;13:153-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, NGAL needs to be investigated as a potential early marker for impaired kidney function/kidney injury, especially in patients with another risk factor for kidney damage, namely coronary artery disease. ..
- Malyszko J, Malyszko J, Pawlak K, Wolczynski S, Mysliwiec M. Apelin, a novel adipocytokine, in relation to endothelial function and inflammation in kidney allograft recipients. Transplant Proc. 2008;40:3466-9 pubmed publisher..Apelin and other adipocytokines may be associated with inflammation and its clinical consequences. ..
- Malyszko J. Hemojuvelin: the hepcidin story continues. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2009;32:71-6 pubmed publisher..still remain unanswered: What is the functional role of HJV in iron metabolism? How it is related to hepcidin expression in different settings? How do iron-sensing and inflammatory pathways cooperate in hepcidin gene expression? ..
- Malyszko J, Bachorzewska Gajewska H, Poniatowski B, Malyszko J, Dobrzycki S. Urinary and serum biomarkers after cardiac catheterization in diabetic patients with stable angina and without severe chronic kidney disease. Ren Fail. 2009;31:910-9 pubmed publisher..NGAL seems to be a potential early marker for nephrotoxicity and predictor of contrast nephropathy. It is particularly important in the upcoming setting of short-time hospitalizations for cardiac catheterization. ..
- Malyszko J, Malyszko J, Mysliwiec M. Visfatin and endothelial function in dialyzed patients. Nephrology (Carlton). 2010;15:190-6 pubmed publisher..Time on dialyses and dialysis adequacy may influence visfatin in dialyzed patients due to the decreased clearance of visfatin. ..
- Michniewicz E, Mlodawska E, Lopatowska P, Tomaszuk Kazberuk A, Malyszko J. Patients with atrial fibrillation and coronary artery disease - Double trouble. Adv Med Sci. 2017;63:30-35 pubmed publisher..In addition, major bleeding is associated with an up to 5-fold increased risk of death following an acute coronary syndrome. Coexistence of AF and CAD worsens the prognosis even in carefully treated patients. ..
- Lukaszyk E, Lukaszyk M, Koc Zorawska E, Bodzenta Lukaszyk A, Malyszko J. Zonulin, inflammation and iron status in patients with early stages of chronic kidney disease. Int Urol Nephrol. 2018;50:121-125 pubmed publisher..Zonulin cannot be considered as an inflammatory marker in CKD. It does not play a role in the disturbances of iron metabolism in CKD. Its physiological role remains to be elucidated. ..
- Malyszko J, Malyszko J, Mysliwiec M. Markers of endothelial cell injury and thrombin activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor in nephrotic syndrome. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2002;13:615-21 pubmed..Protein Z deficiency might also contribute to the enhanced risk of thromboembolic complications in nephrotic syndrome. ..
- Malyszko J, Malyszko J, Pawlak K, Mysliwiec M. Hepcidin, iron status, and renal function in chronic renal failure, kidney transplantation, and hemodialysis. Am J Hematol. 2006;81:832-7 pubmed..Elevated hepcidin in all groups of patients studied may be due to low grade inflammation, frequently encountered in this population and mainly to impaired renal function. ..
- Małyszko J, Małyszko J, Pawlak K, Wołczyński S, Mysliwiec M. Tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase 5b and its correlations with other markers of bone metabolism in kidney transplant recipients and dialyzed patients. Adv Med Sci. 2006;51:69-72 pubmed..TRAP 5b did not correlate with BMD in any groups studied. Since TRAP 5b correlated mainly with markers of bone resorption, it may serve as a new additional marker of bone resorption in the assessment of renal osteodystrophy. ..
- Malyszko J, Malyszko J, Pawlak K, Drozdowska Rams L, Brzosko S, Mysliwiec M. Hepcidin is linked to anemia and inflammation in peritoneal dialysis patients. Perit Dial Int. 2008;28:418-21 pubmed
- Malyszko J, Malyszko J, Bachorzewska Gajewska H, Poniatowski B, Dobrzycki S, Mysliwiec M. Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin is a new and sensitive marker of kidney function in chronic kidney disease patients and renal allograft recipients. Transplant Proc. 2009;41:158-61 pubmed publisher....
- Malyszko J, Zbroch E, Malyszko J, Koc Zorawska E, Mysliwiec M. Renalase, a novel regulator of blood pressure, is predicted by kidney function in renal transplant recipients. Transplant Proc. 2011;43:3004-7 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to establish its putative role in the pathogenesis of hypertension after transplantation and possible novel targeted therapies. ..