Affiliation: Medical University
- The impact of vegan diet on B-12 status in healthy omnivores: five-year prospective studyEdyta Madry
Department of Physiology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Swiecickiego 6, Poznan, Poland
Acta Sci Pol Technol Aliment 11:209-12. 2012..Therefore, we aimed to estimate the long-term effect of a vegan diet on serum B-12 concentrations in healthy omnivore adults, comparing the influence of natural products consumption and B-12 fortified food...
- Lactose malabsorption is a risk factor for decreased bone mineral density in pancreatic insufficient cystic fibrosis patientsEdyta Madry
Department of Physiology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Szpitalna 27 33, Poznan, Poland
Eur J Hum Genet 20:1092-5. 2012..001). However, only standardized body weight and LM were documented to influence BMD (P<0.025 and P<0.044, respectively). In conclusion, LM seems to be an independent risk factor for decreased BMD in CF patients...
- Mild CFTR mutations and genetic predisposition to lactase persistence in cystic fibrosisEdyta Madry
Department of Physiology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Eur J Hum Genet 19:748-52. 2011..Lactose malabsorption due to ATH in CF is not more frequent than in the general population. Symptomatic assessment of lactose malabsorption in CF is not reliable...
- Adult-type hypolactasia and lactose malabsorption in PolandEdyta Madry
Department of Physiology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 57:585-8. 2010..4:c.1917+326C>T; rs4988235) has not been reported in those studies. Therefore, in this study we aimed to assess genetic predisposition and clinical manifestation of adult-type hypolactasia (ATH)...
- Adaptive changes of pancreatic protease secretion to a short-term vegan diet: influence of reduced intake and modification of proteinJaroslaw Walkowiak
1st Chair of Pediatrics, Department of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Br J Nutr 107:272-6. 2012..It was concluded that significant reduction and modification of protein intake due to a short-term vegan diet resulted in an adaptation of pancreatic protease secretion in healthy volunteers...
- Small intestine bacterial overgrowth does not correspond to intestinal inflammation in cystic fibrosisAleksandra Lisowska
Department of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, Poznanń University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 70:322-6. 2010..However, the potential link to intestinal inflammation has not been studied so far. Therefore, we aimed to assess whether SIBO correlates with intestinal inflammation in CF patients...