Affiliation: Medical University
- Functional improvement in cerebral palsy patients treated with botulinum toxin A injections - preliminary resultsJ Sławek
Department of Neurosurgery, Subdivision of Movement Disorders and Functional Neurosurgery, Medical University, Early Intervention Center, Gdansk, Poland
Eur J Neurol 10:313-7. 2003..These results are in concordance with a few other data published to date. The study may support the concept of persistent functional gain in long-term treatment of spasticity caused by cerebral palsy with botulinum toxin type A...
- [Depression in patients with Parkinson's disease]Jarosław Sławek
Szpitala Specjalistycznego św Wojciecha Adalberta w Gdańsku
Neurol Neurochir Pol 37:351-64. 2003..e. reactive origin). However, the two factors--endogenous and reactive--may be overlapping, since a majority of PD patients suffer from mild to moderate depression...
- [Intrathecal baclofen in severe spasticity due to multiple sclerosis]Jarosław Sławek
Kliniki Neurochirurgii Akademii Medycznej w Gdańsku
Neurol Neurochir Pol 37:1135-42; discussion 1143. 2003..At a 6-month follow-up the effect was stable--she was able to walk a long distance outdoors with the aid of a crutch. The daily dose of the drug is 500 micrograms. No side effects of complications were noted...
- Factors affecting the quality of life of patients with idiopathic Parkinson's disease--a cross-sectional study in an outpatient clinic attendeesJarosław Sławek
Neurosurgery Department, Division of Functional Neurosurgery and Movement Disorders, Medical University of Gdansk, Debinki 7 str, Gdansk, Poland
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 11:465-8. 2005..To determine the factors associated with poor quality of life (QoL) in patients with idiopathic Parkinson's disease (PD) in a clinic-based sample...
- [Motor cortex stimulation in the central pain syndrome]Jarosław Sławek
Klinika Neurochirurgii, Akademia Medyczna w Gdansku
Neurol Neurochir Pol 39:237-40; discussion 241. 2005..The number of described procedures does not exceed 500 worldwide. The presented case is to our knowledge the first procedure of its type in Poland, giving hope to CPS patients, whose symptoms are otherwise difficult to treat...
- Camptocormia or Pisa syndrome in multiple system atrophyJarosław Sławek
Department of Neurosurgery, Division of Functional Neurosurgery and Movement Disorders, Medical University, ul Debinki 7, 80 211 Gdansk, Poland
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 108:699-704. 2006..In cases of parkinsonism and severe forward flexion of trunk multiple system atrophy, diagnosis should be considered...
- Nuclear medicine in psychiatryPiotr Lass
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Medical University, Gdansk, Poland
Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur 10:116-24. 2007
- Diagnostic imaging of the diabetic footCelina Ranachowska
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland
Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur 13:18-22. 2010..In every case, vascular status should be determined, at least with Doppler ultrasound, with following conventional angiography or MR angiography...
- [Cerebral blood flow in patients with various symptoms of hemispatial neglect following ischemic stroke]Krzysztof Jodzio
Instytut Psychologii, Uniwersytet Gdański w Gdańsku, Gdansk, Poland
Neurol Neurochir Pol 38:381-8. 2004..It can be induced by lesions in many different regions of the right hemisphere. The purpose of this article was to determine the prevalence of post-stroke HN, its clinical picture, and neuroanatomical correlates...
- [Headache occurrence and assessment of regional blood flow after brain concussion in children]Małgorzata Lemka
Klinika Neurologii Rozwojowej Katedro Neurologii, Akademia Medyczna w Gdansku
Neurol Neurochir Pol 39:S42-8. 2005..We tried to establish whether there was a correlation between changes in rCBF and the occurrence of posttraumatic headache...
- [The influence of vascular risk factors and white matter hyperintensities on the degree of motor impairment in Parkinson's disease]Mirosława Derejko
Zakład Neurofizjologii Klinicznej, Instytut Psychiatrii i Neurologii, ul Sobieskiego 9, 02 957 Warszawa
Neurol Neurochir Pol 40:276-83. 2006..The aim of the study was to assess the prevalence of vascular risk factors and white matter hyperintensities (WMH) in patients with Parkinson's disease (PD) and its impact on clinical features such as motor impairment...
- [The stroke variables assessment as a prognostic factor for post-stroke depression with the emphasis on the cerebral SPECT regional blood flow asymmetry]Hubert Wichowicz
Klinika Chorób Psychicznych i Zaburzeń Nerwicowych Katedry Chorób Psychicznych AM w Gdańsku
Psychiatr Pol 40:539-50. 2006..The aim of this paper was to assess the risk for depression in a 6-month-long post stroke follow up period as related to the stroke variables (i.e. stroke localisation, haemodynamic parameters)...
- Regional cerebral blood flow in Parkinson's disease as an indicator of cognitive impairmentMirosława Derejko
Neurophysiology Department, Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, Warsaw, Poland
Nucl Med Commun 27:945-51. 2006....
- [Regional cerebral blood flow single photon emission tomography (SPECT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) may be useful in the diagnosis of patients with cortico-basal degeneration, progressive supranuclear palsy and multiple system atrophy]Piotr Lass
Zakład Medycyny Nuklearnej, Akademia Medyczna w Gdansku
Neurol Neurochir Pol 37:263-74. 2003..Due to low sensitivity of clinical criteria other tests (EMG of anal sphincter or clonidine test) with specially neuroimaging examination may be helpful in establishing of the diagnosis...
- [Radionuclides for metastatic bone pain palliation]Piotr Lass
Pol Merkur Lekarski 13:277-80. 2002....