Affiliation: Medical University
- Alternative therapies in Staphylococcus aureus diseasesJulianna Kurlenda
Department of Clinical Bacteriology at the Provincial Hospital, Koszalin, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 59:171-84. 2012..Hence, there is an urgent need for the development of alternative antibiotic therapeutics. This work reviews the current knowledge concerning prospective treatment of staphylococcal diseases...
- RAPD typing of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: a 7-year experience in a Polish hospitalJulianna Kurlenda
Department of Bacteriology, The Provincial Hospital in Gdańsk, Gdansk, Poland
Med Sci Monit 13:MT13-8. 2007....
- Epidemiological investigation of nosocomial outbreak of staphylococcal skin diseases in neonatal wardJ Kurlenda
Department of Clinical Bacteriology in Hospital, Monte Cassino 13, Koszalin, Poland
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 95:387-94. 2009..Although we have not been able to establish the source of bacteria involved in the outbreak, our results suggest that for both groups, mothers could be the source of the infecting strains...
- Lack of correlation between X region spa polymorphism and virulence of methicillin resistant and methicillin sensitive Staphylococcus aureus strainsJulianna Kurlenda
Department of Clinical Bacteriology in Provincial Hospital, Koszalin, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 57:135-8. 2010..The current work analyzed the relationships between the virulence of MRSA and MSSA strains with region X polymorphism. No obvious correlation was observed...
- Current diagnostic tools for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infectionsJulianna Kurlenda
Department of Clinical Bacteriology, Provincial Hospital of Koszalin, Koszalin, Poland
Mol Diagn Ther 14:73-80. 2010..This article reviews the current knowledge concerning prospective diagnostics of MRSA infections...
- Atypical microbial infections of digestive tract may contribute to diarrhea in mucopolysaccharidosis patients: a MPS I case studyGrzegorz Wegrzyn
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Gdansk, Kładki 24, 80 822 Gdansk, Poland
BMC Pediatr 5:9. 2005..Among many medical problems of patients with mucopolysaccharidoses, there are frequent episodes of diarrhea of unknown etiology...
- Evaluation of biofilm production and prevalence of the icaD gene in methicillin-resistant and methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from patients with nosocomial infections and carriersMariusz Grinholc
Department of Biotechnology, Division of Molecular Diagnostics, University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 50:375-9. 2007..The level of consistency between the two applied phenotypic methods was 96%. Additionally, we found that strains with the same biofilm status may be present in asymptomatic carriers and cause infections...
- Photodynamic effect of protoporphyrin diarginate (PPArg2) on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and human dermal fibroblastsMariusz Grinholc
Department of Biotechnology, Division of Molecular Diagnostics, University of Gdansk and Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 55:85-90. 2008..aureus or fibroblasts when not irradiated. These results suggest that the protoporphyrin diarginate exerts a high bactericidal effect against methicillin-resistant S. aureus strain without harming eukaryotic cells...
- MRSA distribution and epidemiological procedures evaluation at two hospitals in Northern PolandKrystyna Paszko
Department of Clinical Bacteriology, Specialist Hospital, Gdansk, Poland
GMS Krankenhhyg Interdiszip 6:Doc19. 2011..4% resp. 6.0%, in 2009 8.3% resp. 4.7% and in 2010 6.5% in both hospitals. Independent of the different prevention and intervention strategy in both hospitals the different MRSA incidence seems to be due to regional epidemic settings...