Affiliation: Medical University
- A potential pathogenic role of oxalate in autismJerzy Konstantynowicz
Department of Pediatrics and Developmental Disorders, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 16:485-91. 2012..Although autistic spectrum disorders (ASD) are a strongly genetic condition certain metabolic disturbances may contribute to clinical features. Metabolism of oxalate in children with ASD has not yet been studied...
- Fractures during growth: potential role of a milk-free dietJ Konstantynowicz
Department of Pediatrics and Auxology, Dr L Zamenhof University Children s Hospital, Medical University of Bialystok, Ul Waszyngtona 17, 15274, Bialystok, Poland
Osteoporos Int 18:1601-7. 2007..6, p < 0.01. In boys, 23% of cases and 19% of controls had a history of a milk-free diet; OR = 1.3, NS). A milk-free diet due to cow's milk allergy is associated with increased fracture risk in girls...
- Thigh circumference as a useful predictor of body fat in adolescent girls with anorexia nervosaJerzy Konstantynowicz
Bone Densitometry and Body Composition Unit, Department of Pediatrics and Developmental Disorders, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Ann Nutr Metab 58:181-7. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine an accurate anthropometric measurement for clinical assessment of fat depletion in girls with AN in connection with body composition measured by dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA)...
- Chronic non-cholestatic liver disease is not associated with an increased fracture rate in childrenJerzy Konstantynowicz
Department of Pediatrics and Developmental Disorders, Bone Densitometry Unit, Dr Ludwik Zamenhof University Children s Hospital, Medical University of Bialystok, Waszyngtona St 17, 15274 Bialystok, Poland
J Bone Miner Metab 29:315-20. 2011..From the practical perspective, however, children with chronic liver disease should be screened for history and clinical risk factors for fractures rather than referred to bone density testing...
- Assessment of risk factors for osteoporosis and fractures in children with meningomyeloceleB Okurowska-Zawada
Department of Pediatric Rehabilitation, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Adv Med Sci 54:247-52. 2009..Our objective was to assess bone and muscular mass in children with meningomyelocele (MMC), and to analyze risk factors for osteoporosis and fractures based on densitometric examination...
- The role of the therapeutic team in shaping eating habits and lifestyle in children with dietary calcium deficiencyA Gorska
Department of Family Medicine and Environmental Nursing, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Rocz Akad Med Bialymst 50:119-22. 2005..Assessment of the effect of low-calcium diet on bone mineral content in children and adolescents...
- Bonn Risk Index based micromethod for assessing risk of urinary calcium oxalate stone formationT Porowski
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
J Urol 183:1157-62. 2010..According to the original method, risk should be determined based on a 200 ml urine sample taken from a 24-hour collection. We evaluated whether the Bonn Risk Index can also be effectively determined in small urine samples...
- Reduced systemic bone mineral density associated with a rare case of tooth and nail syndromeT Sierpinska
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Adv Med Sci 55:111-3. 2010..Reduced BMD and, possibly, impaired bone quality and strength may produce difficulties or even exclude such patients from future treatment with dental implants...
- Correlations of new markers of bone formation and resorption in kidney transplant recipientsJ Małyszko
Department of Nephology, Medical University, Bialystok, Poland
Transplant Proc 35:1351-4. 2003..Because TRAP and serum CrossLaps correlated with markers of both bone formation and or resorption, additional studies are needed to establish the value of these markers of bone resorption to assess renal osteodystrophy...
- Correlations between leptin, body composition, bone mineral density, and bone metabolism in kidney transplant recipientsJ Malyszko
Department of Nephrology and Transplantology, Medical University, Zurawia 14, Bialystok 15 540, Poland
Transplant Proc 37:2151-3. 2005..We also assessed whether leptin was a significant and independent predictor of BMD in this population...