Affiliation: Medical University of Silesia
- Kasperska Zajac A, Nowakowski M, Rogala B. Enhanced platelet activation in patients with atopic eczema/dermatitis syndrome. Inflammation. 2004;28:299-302 pubmed..The results suggest that some patients with AEDS may have enhanced blood platelet activity as expressed by beta-TG and PF4 level. ..
- Kasperska Zajac A, Brzoza Z, Rogala B. Effect of allergen-specific immunotherapy on platelet secretory activity in patients with grass-pollen allergy. Vaccine. 2006;24:6990-3 pubmed..In particular, it seems that both early (after 30 min) and late (after 24 h) changes in plasma level of this marker do not occur following the maximum dose administration of the allergen vaccine during the early SIT phase. ..
- Kasperska Zajac A, Brzoza Z, Rogala B. Plasma concentration of interleukin 6 (IL-6), and its relationship with circulating concentration of dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S) in patients with chronic idiopathic urticaria. Cytokine. 2007;39:142-6 pubmed..However, no association between IL-6 and DHEA-S concentration in the peripheral circulation of CIU patients was proved, suggesting that both phenomena may not be related to each other. ..
- Kasperska Zajac A, Alicja K. Recovery of platelet factor 4 (PF-4) and beta-thromboglobulin (beta-TG) plasma concentrations during remission in patients suffering from atopic dermatitis. Platelets. 2010;21:522-4 pubmed publisher..As with earlier data, the findings point to platelet activity in AD increasing during flare, falling following therapy and normalizing upon remission. ..
- Kasperska Zajac A, Brzoza Z, Rogala B. Increased concentration of platelet-derived chemokines in serum of patients with delayed pressure urticaria. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2008;19:89-91 pubmed publisher....
- Kasperska Zajac A, Czecior E, Namyslowski G. Effect of tonsillectomy on the level of exhaled nitric oxide (NO) in patients with recurrent tonsillitis. Respir Med. 2010;104:1757-9 pubmed publisher....
- Kasperska Zajac A, Sztylc J, Machura E, Jop G. Plasma IL-6 concentration correlates with clinical disease activity and serum C-reactive protein concentration in chronic urticaria patients. Clin Exp Allergy. 2011;41:1386-91 pubmed publisher..Such acute-phase response is manifested by increased circulating IL-6, which varies along with CRP changes and may be related to the urticarial activity. ..
- Kasperska Zajac A, Grzanka A, Czecior E, Misiolek M, Rogala B, Machura E. Acute phase inflammatory markers in patients with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)-induced acute urticaria/angioedema and after aspirin challenge. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2013;27:1048-52 pubmed publisher..The study supports the evidence proving that up-regulation of CRP and IL-6 in urticaria/angioedema does not necessarily reflect any concomitant infection or other inflammatory processes, but may be due to the disease itself. ..
- Kasperska Zajac A, Jasinska T, Grzanka A, Kowalik Sztylc A. Markers of systemic inflammation in delayed pressure urticaria. Int J Dermatol. 2013;52:309-10 pubmed publisher..This indicates that the disease induces a systemic inflammatory process, termed the acute phase response. ..