Affiliation: Medical University
- [Neurocutaneous melanosis--case report]Justyna Paprocka
Kliniki Pediatrii i Neurologii Wieku Rozwojowego Katedry Pediatrii, Slaskiej Akademii Medycznej w Katowicach
Wiad Lek 57:520-3. 2004..Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the head performed at the age of 2 months showed melanin deposits in the temporal lobes. The diagnosis of neurocutaneous melanosis was made on the basis of clinical picture...
- Schwannomalike mixed tumor of the parotid gland: a case reportMaciej Kajor
Department of Pathomorphology and Laryngology Clinic, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice Poland
Acta Cytol 50:529-30. 2006..Schwannomalike mixed tumor is a rare benign tumor of the parotid glands...
- Lipid raft disease? A new severe congenital myopathyMaciej Kajor
Department of Pathomorphology, Medical University of Silesia, Medykow 18, 40 574 Katowice, Poland
Folia Neuropathol 45:242-6. 2007..Overexpression of aberrant lipids on the surface of affected muscle cells may suggest some failure in lipid raft formation...
- Liver visfatin expression in morbidly obese patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease undergoing bariatric surgeryMichał Kukla
Department of Physiology in Zabrze, Medical Univeristy of Silesia, Katowice
Pol J Pathol 61:147-53. 2010..The aim was to assess visfatin expression in the liver tissue and its association with biochemical parameters and morphological features in NAFLD patients...
- Surveyor nuclease detection of mutations and polymorphisms of mtDNA in childrenJacek Pilch
Department of Child Neurology, Medical University of Silesia, ul Medykow 16, Katowice, Poland
Pediatr Neurol 43:325-30. 2010..The method still requires confirmation studying a larger group. In some patients, the use of this method should precede and might limit indications for traumatic muscle and skin biopsy...
- Serum chemerin and vaspin in non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseMichal Kukla
Department of Physiology, Medical University of Silesia, Zabrze, Poland
Scand J Gastroenterol 45:235-42. 2010....
- [Case of malignant tumour phyllodes converting to fibrosarcoma]Jacek Pawlicki
Slaska Akademia Medyczna w Katowicach, Katedra i Klinika Chirurgii Ogolnej, Naczyniowej i Transplantacyjnej
Pol Merkur Lekarski 22:215-7. 2007..They were operated immediately. In spite of unfavorable prognostic features of the tumour (large size, malignant histological character) and recurrences, final therapeutic effect was good...
- Usefulness of faecal calprotectin measurement in children with various types of inflammatory bowel diseaseMarzena Komraus
Department of Paediatrics, Medical University of Silesia, Medykow 16, 40 752 Katowice, Poland
Mediators Inflamm 2012:608249. 2012..The aim of the study was to assess the usefulness of the FC measurement in children with various types of IBD and relation to the disease activity...
- Apoptosis of tubular epithelial cells in preimplantation biopsies of kidney grafts with immediate, slow and delayed functionRobert Król
Department of General, Vascular and Transplant Surgery, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Ann Transplant 16:17-22. 2011..The aim of our prospective study was to analyze the intensity of apoptosis in kidney tubules after cold storage in respect to early and 12-month post-transplant graft function...
- [Malignant lymphoma or inflammation? Diagnostic and treatment difficulties--2 cases report]Bogusława Orzechowska-Wylegała
Slaska Akademia Medyczna w Katowicach, Katedra i Klinika Chirurgii Szczekowo Twarzowej
Pol Merkur Lekarski 20:433-6. 2006..The similar clinic and radiological symptoms and laboratory results of malignant lymphomas and inflammations of head and neck can cause the late diagnosis and aggravate the prognosis of this severe disease...
- [Analysis of morphology of adrenal pheochromocytoma as regards their potential malignancy]Maciej Kajor
Department of Pathology, Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, Poland
Endokrynol Pol 56:911-6. 2005..The only unquestionable criterion of pheochromocytoma's malignancy remain metastases...
- [Analysis of adrenocortical tumors morphology as regards their structure and potential malignancy]Maciej Kajor
Department of Pathology, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice
Endokrynol Pol 57:136-42. 2006..Application of criteria proposed by Weiss in histopathological examination of adrenocortical tumours can be useful in differentiating adrenocortical adenoma from carcinoma...
- [Primary extranodal non-Hodgkin's malignant orbital lymphomas treated surgically in ENT Department of Medical Academy of Silesia in Katowice in the years 1996-2001]Tatiana Gierek
Katedra i Klinika Laryngologii Slaskiej Akademii Medycznej, Katowicach
Wiad Lek 58:598-601. 2005..Afterwards the pathomorphological diagnosis was made by the specialists. Next the patients were observed and treated in the Haematological and Radiotherapy Departments...
- [Hidradenoma of external ear]Tatiana Gierek
Klinika Laryngologii Sl. AM w Katowicach
Otolaryngol Pol 58:1141-2. 2004..The authors present a rare case of hidradenoma of the external ear and discussed the clinical picture, as well as diagnostic and therapeutic procedures...
- Hepatic arterial dot signs in isolated small duct primary sclerosing cholangitisMarek Hartleb
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:475-7. 2004
- [Schwannoma of the cervical plexus: a case report]Tatiana Gierek
Katedra i Klinika Laryngologii Sl. AM w Katowicach
Otolaryngol Pol 57:569-72. 2003..The differential diagnosis and surgical techniques are discussed. The pre-operative symptoms, impressions and post-operative neurological status were shown and discussed. The review of literature is presented...