Affiliation: Medical University
- Stimulating preventive procedures in primary care. Effect of PIUPOZ program on the delivery of preventive proceduresEwelina Gowin
Family Medicine Department, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poland
Arch Med Sci 8:704-10. 2012..This study evaluated the effect of a multifactorial intervention, based on interactive workshops, on the GPs' knowledge and the delivery rates of preventive procedures in primary care...
- Don't forget how severe varicella can be--complications of varicella in children in a defined Polish populationEwelina Gowin
Family Medicine Department, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, 49, Przybyszewskiego str, 60 355 Poznan, Poland
Int J Infect Dis 17:e485-9. 2013..This study aimed to analyze the causes of hospitalization in children with varicella, based on a defined Polish population...
- Gender makes the difference: the influence of patients' gender on the delivery of preventive services in primary care in PolandEwelina Gowin
Department of Family Medicine, University of Medical Sciences, 49 Przybyszewskiego Street, 60 355 Poznan, Poland
Qual Prim Care 17:343-50. 2009..General practitioners' (GPs') time and resources for preventive services needs to be delivered equitably. We aimed to study the effect of patients' gender on the delivery of preventive procedures to adult patients aged 40 years and over...
- British and Polish general practitioners' opinions on the importance of preventive medicineEwelina Gowin
Department of Family Medicine, University of Medical Sciences Poznań, 49 Przybyszewskiego Street, 60 355 Poznan, Poland
Health Promot Int 26:171-6. 2011..In the presence of clear clinical guidelines, age and gender do not affect doctors' opinion on the importance of preventive procedures. Procedures in which GPs are directly involved are more important for them...
- Influence of lean and fat mass on bone mineral density (BMD) in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisJoanna Dytfeld
Department of Family Medicine, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Przybyszewskiego St 49, 60 533 Poznan, Poland
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 53:e237-42. 2011..In postmenopausal osteoporotic women with BMI > 20 kg/m(2) both fat and lean tissue might contribute to BMD. Positive association between body mass and BMD does not make obesity and osteoporosis mutually exclusive...
- The attractiveness of family medicine among Polish medical studentsEwelina Gowin
Department of Family Medicine, University of Medical Sciences Poznań, Poland
Eur J Gen Pract 20:121-4. 2014..The proportion of Polish students choosing family medicine increases during their progress in medical education, with one third of students interested in a career in family medicine by year six. ..
- Association between estrogen receptor alpha gene polymorphisms and bone mineral density in Polish female patients with Graves' diseaseMagdalena Ignaszak-Szczepaniak
Center of Metabolic Bone Diseases and Department of Family Medicine, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 58:101-9. 2011..However, none of the ESR1 gene alleles predict the risk of GD in Polish female patients...