Affiliation: Medical University of Warsaw
- Synergistic interaction between highly specific cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor, MF-tricyclic and lovastatin in murine colorectal cancer cell linesWojciech Feleszko
Department of Immunology, Centre of Biostructure Research, The Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
Oncol Rep 9:879-85. 2002..5-fold in colon-26 cancer cells. Combination of a specific COX-2 inhibitor, MF-tricyclic, may increase antiproliferative effects of lovastatin in colon cancer cells and this effect was due to an augmented apoptosis...
- Lovastatin potentiates antitumor activity of doxorubicin in murine melanoma via an apoptosis-dependent mechanismWojciech Feleszko
Department of Immunology Center of Biostructure Research, The Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Int J Cancer 100:111-8. 2002..The results of our studies suggest that lovastatin may enhance the effectiveness of chemotherapeutic agents in the treatment of malignant melanomas...
- Potentiating antitumor effects of a combination therapy with lovastatin and butyrate in the Lewis lung carcinoma model in miceAdam Giermasz
Department of Immunology, Centre for Biostructure Research, The Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
Int J Cancer 97:746-50. 2002..Remarkably, a systemic treatment of syngeneic mice inoculated with 3LL cells with both drugs resulted in significant tumour growth retardation...
- AAF-cmk sensitizes tumor cells to trail-mediated apoptosisIzabela Młnarczuk
Department of Immunology, Center of Biostructure, The Medical University of Warsaw, Chalubinskiego 5, 02004 Warsaw, Poland
Leuk Res 28:53-61. 2004..Altogether, our studies indicate that AAF-cmk might effectively sensitize human leukemia cells to apoptosis induced by TRAIL and TNF...
- Risk of allergy development correlates with IL-4 receptor expression on newborns' monocytes and Th lymphocytesKatarzyna Grzela
Department of Pediatric Allergy and Pulmonology, Warsaw Medical University, Warsaw, Poland
Med Sci Monit 13:CR445-8. 2007..However, its role in allergy development remains unclear. The aim of this study was to assess the correlation between IL-4R expression and allergy development within the first year of life...
- [Immune mechanisms in children with tuberculosis]Aleksandra Banaszkiewicz
Klinika Pneumonologii, Chorób Alergicznych i Hematologii, Klinika Gastroenterologii i Zywienia Dzieci AM w Warszawie
Pol Merkur Lekarski 15:203-7. 2003..The determinants have been shown of immune response against Mycobacteria with a special consideration of childhood Tbc...