Affiliation: Medical University
- [The diagnosis of anthracycline-induced cardiac damage and heart failure]Jarosław Dudka
Katedra i Zakład Patomorfologii Klinicznej, UM w Lublinie, 20 950 Lublin
Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online) 63:225-33. 2009..However, the clinical use of biochemical parameters in diagnosing anthracycline-related cardiotoxicity is still a controversial issue...
- Activity of NADPH-cytochrome P-450 reductase of the human heart, liver and lungs in the presence of (-)-epigallocatechin gallate, quercetin and resveratrol: an in vitro studyJaroslaw Dudka
Department of Clinical Pathomorphology, Medical University of Lublin, 8 Jaczewskiego Str, PL 20093 Lublin, Poland
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 97:74-9. 2005..A beneficial effect may be obtained in anticancer therapy with bioreductive agents like tirapazamine...
- Different effects of resveratrol on dose-related Doxorubicin-induced heart and liver toxicityJaroslaw Dudka
Medical Biology Unit, Medical University of Lublin, 20 059 Lublin, Poland
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012:606183. 2012..All in all, this study has shown different effects of resveratrol on dose-related doxorubicin-induced heart and liver toxicity. Resveratrol may modulate the hepatic and cardiac effect of doxorubicin, depending on the drug dose...
- Tirapazamine-doxorubicin interaction referring to heart oxidative stress and Ca²⁺ balance protein levelsJustyna Sliwinska
Department of Clinical Pathomorphology, Medical University in Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2012:890826. 2012..There were no significant changes in GSH/GSSG ratio, total glutathione, cTnI, AST, and SERCA2 level between DOX and TP+DOX groups. Cardiomyocyte necrosis was observed in groups 10TP and 10TP+DOX...
- Intensification of doxorubicin-related oxidative stress in the heart by hypothyroidism is not related to the expression of cytochrome P450 NADPH-reductase and inducible nitric oxide synthase, as well as activity of xanthine oxidaseJaroslaw Dudka
Medical Biology Unit, Medical University of Lublin, 20 059 Lublin, Poland
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2012:139327. 2012....
- Human skeletal muscle lactate dehydrogenase activity in the presence of some alcohol dehydrogenase inhibitorsJaroslaw Dudka
Department of Clinical Pathomorphology, Medical University of Lublin, 8 Jaczewskiego Str, PL 20 090, Poland
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 95:38-42. 2004..1 mM and higher concentration. By contrast, no significant effect on lactate dehydrogenase activity in the presence of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid disodium salt, methanol and ethanol was observed...
- [The role of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species in calcium and iron homeostasis dysregulation in anthracycline cardiotoxicity]Jarosław Dudka
Zakład Patomorfologii Klinicznej Akademii Medycznej im prof Feliksa Skubiszewskiego w Lublinie
Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online) 60:241-7. 2006..The possible connection between reactive oxygen and nitric species and calcium and iron deregulation is presented in the paper...
- The total antioxidant status in the brain after ethanol or 4-methylpyrazole administration to rats intoxicated with methanolJaroslaw Dudka
Department of Clinical Pathomorphology, Medical University of Lublin, 8 Jaczewskiego Str, PL 20 093 Lublin, Poland
Exp Toxicol Pathol 57:445-8. 2006..0 g/kg of ethanol in comparison to rats receiving methanol alone (p<0.05). This phenomenon suggests an adverse interaction of methanol/ethanol within scope of the brain antioxidant status equilibrium...
- Effect of selected alcohol dehydrogenase inhibitors on the human heart lactate dehydrogenase activity--an in vitro studyJ Dudka
Department of Clinical Pathomorphology, Medical University of Lublin, Poland
Acta Physiol Hung 91:235-41. 2004..Thus, 4-MP was found to be the most effective inhibitor of LDH of all compounds tested. Therefore, such effect of 4-MP seems to be an additional advantage in methanol and ethylene glycol intoxications...
- Decrease in NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductase activity of the human heart, Liver and lungs in the presence of alpha-lipoic acidJaroslaw Dudka
Department of Clinical Pathomorphology, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Ann Nutr Metab 50:121-5. 2006..As alpha-lipoic acid contains a disulfide bond, it may react with the SH group of CPR. The aim of the study was to evaluate the effect of alpha-lipoic acid on human P450 reductase activity...
- Effect of selected alcohol dehydrogenase inhibitors on human hepatic lactate dehydrogenase activity - an in vitro studyJaroslaw Dudka
Department of Clinical Pathomorphology, Medical University of Lublin, PL 20 950 Lublin, Poland
J Appl Toxicol 25:549-53. 2005..On the other hand, the decrease of LDH activity in the presence of Ukrain is a promising finding but definitely requires further investigation...
- The influence of a thyroxine supplemented diet on selected hepatic redox equilibrium markers, liver morphology and the serum lipid profile in rats treated with doxorubicinAgnieszka Korga
Medical Biology Unit, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online) 67:143-9. 2013..The aim of this study was to evaluate the influence of doxorubicin and thyroxine (T4) associated treatment on liver morphology, markers of oxidative stress and plasma lipid parameters...
- Cytotoxicity, antioxidant activity and an effect on CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 of Mutellina purpurea L. extractsElwira Sieniawska
Department of Pharmacognosy with Medicinal Plant Unit, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Food Chem Toxicol 52:188-92. 2013..Additionally, because M. purpurea contains phenolic compounds, the antioxidative properties of this plant extracts were also studied and compared...
- Morphology and physiology of the epiphyseal growth plateFranciszek Burdan
Experimental Teratology Unit of the Human Anatomy Department, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 47:5-16. 2009..Any disturbances of the epiphyseal development and its physiology result in various skeletal abnormalities known as dysplasia...
- [Wilson's principles--a base of modern teratology]Franciszek Burdan
Akademia Medyczna w Lublinie, Pracownia Teratologii Doświadczalnej Katedry i Zakładu Anatomii Prawidłowej Człowieka
Pol Merkur Lekarski 20:358-61. 2006..Manifestations of deviant development depends on the dosage and exposure frequency. In case of abnormal development the final manifestations include death of embryo or fetus, malformation, growth retardation and functional disorder...
- Colonic adenocarcinoma with numerous paneth and endocrine cellsJustyna Szumiło
Department of Clinical Pathomorphology, Prof Feliks Skubiszewski Medical University of Lublin
Pol J Pathol 56:89-92. 2005..The incidence and significance of the Paneth cell and endocrine differentiation in colorectal carcinomas are discussed with the review of the literature...
- [Human erythrocyte lactate dehydrogenase activity changes in the presence of some alcohol dehydrogenase inhibitors]Jarosław Dudka
Katedra i Zakład Patomorfologii Klinicznej AM w Lublinie, 20 950 Lublin, ul Jaczewskiego 8
Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig 55:229-34. 2004..10 mM (p < 0.05) and 1.0 mM (p < 0.01) of cimetidine and EDTA. There were no observed any significant changes vs. control in LDH activity when 4MP, ethanol or methanol was added to environment of reaction...
- Morphological studies in modern teratological investigationsFranciszek Burdan
Experimental Teratology Unit, Department of Human Anatomy, Medical University of Lublin, 20 074 Lublin, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 64:1-8. 2005..A single alizarin red S and double alcian blue followed by alizarin red S staining, as well as various methods of soft tissue examination are discussed...