- Influence of L-carnitine and its derivatives on myocardial metabolism and function in ischemic heart disease and during cardiopulmonary bypassR Lango
Chair and Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Medical University of Gdansk, Debinki 80 211, Gdansk, Poland
Cardiovasc Res 51:21-9. 2001..However, further studies are required before carnitine administration could be recommended as a routine procedure in ischemic heart disease or before cardiopulmonary bypass...
- IL-8 concentration in coronary sinus blood during early coronary reperfusion after ischemic arrestR Lango
Clinic of Cardiac Surgery, Medical University of Gdańsk Akademia Medyczna w Gdańsku, Debinki 7, 80 211, Gdansk, Poland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 20:550-4. 2001..The aim of this study was to find out whether the heart is the main source of IL-8 during early coronary reperfusion...
- Propionyl-L-carnitine improves hemodynamics and metabolic markers of cardiac perfusion during coronary surgery in diabetic patientsRomuald Lango
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Medical University of Gdansk, Debinki, 7 80 211, Poland
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 19:267-75. 2005..This study aimed to evaluate hemodynamic changes associated with propionyl-L-carnitine and L-carnitine administration and its correlation with biochemical markers of cardiac vascular function...
- Aortic valve replacement and perioperative management in hemodialyzed patient wth antiphospholipid syndromeR Lango
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
Int J Artif Organs 27:69-73. 2004..In our patient celite ACT and heparin concentration during cardiopulmonary bypass did not correspond to each other. Anticoagulation based on heparin concentration assessment resulted in safe perioperative hemostatic management...
- Administration of clemastine--H1 histamine receptor blocker in the prevention of haemodynamic disorders after protamine sulfate administration in patients subjected to coronary artery bypass grafting in extracorporeal circulationR Lango
Chair and Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Therapy, Medical University, Gdansk, Poland
Med Sci Monit 6:769-75. 2000..The aim of this study was to examine if clemastine can accelerate the normalisation of arterial blood pressure during the protamine administration after CPB during CABG operations...
- Atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass grafting: does the type of procedure influence the early postoperative incidence?J Siebert
Department of Cardiac Surgery and Cardiology, Institute of Cardiology, Medical University of Gdansk, Debinki 7, 80 211 Gdansk, Poland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 19:455-9. 2001..The aim of our study was to compare the early postoperative AF incidence rate during ICU stay in three groups of patients: after CABG, OPCABG, and CABG combined with valve replacement...
- Thermographic assessment of stellate ganglion block effectiveness during cardiosurgical proceduresJ Rogowski
Department of Cardiosurgery, Institute of Cardiology, Medical University, ul Debinki 7, Gdansk
Med Sci Monit 6:407-10. 2000..The assumption behind this method was the increase in the temperature of upper extremity on the side of blockade, due to the broadening of arterial bed...
- [Preliminary treatment outcome of cardiovascular operations in patients with dialysis-dependent renal failure]Łukasz Lewicki
Klinika Kardiochirurgii i I Klinika Chorób serca Instytutu Kardiologii, Akademia Medyczna, Gdansk, Poland
Kardiol Pol 60:I-90-2. 2004
- Stroke volume variability and heart rate power spectrum in relation to posture changes in healthy subjectsJanusz Siebert
1st Department of Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, Medical University of Gdansk, ul Debinki 7, 80 211 Gdansk, Poland
Med Sci Monit 10:MT31-7. 2004..Stroke volume variability (SVV) probably reflects the dynamics of physiological control mechanisms over time...
- Atrial fibrillation after conventional and off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting: two opposite trends in timing of atrial fibrillation occurrence?Janusz Siebert
Department of Cardiac Surgery and Cardiology, Institute of Cardiology, Medical University, Gdansk, Poland
Med Sci Monit 9:CR137-41. 2003....
- Circulatory support with right ventricular assist device and intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation in patient with right ventricle failure after pulmonary embolectomyRomuald Lango
Department of Cardiac Anaesthesiology, Medical University of Gdansk, ul Debinki 7, 80 211, Gdansk, Poland
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:643-5. 2008..In spite of hemodynamic recovery, the patient remained in a coma on discharge from the cardiac-surgical ICU after 18 days, and died 10 days later from systemic infection...