Affiliation: Jaggielonian University
Location: Krakow, Poland
- Gancarczyk M, Tworzydło W, Szlachta A, Sadowska J, Bilinska B. Hormonal regulation of oestrogen formation by Leydig cells in vitro: immunocytochemical approach. Folia Biol (Krakow). 2003;51:181-8 pubmed..It should be stressed, however, that the effect of hormone stimulation or aromatase inhibitor action appeared to be dependent on the length of light cycles that bank voles were exposed prior to the isolation of Leydig cells. ..
- Tworzydlo W, Jablonska A, Kisiel E, Bilinski S. Differing strategies of patterning of follicular cells in higher and lower brachycerans (Diptera: Brachycera). Genesis. 2005;43:49-58 pubmed..These findings indicate that in higher dipterans the processes leading to the formation of a functional egg are variable and often markedly different from those in the model organism, D. melanogaster. ..
- Tworzydlo W, Kloc M, Bilinski S. The Balbiani body in the female germline cells of an earwig, Opisthocosmia silvestris. Zoolog Sci. 2009;26:754-7 pubmed publisher..We also show that in the cyst cells, the Bbs are invariably located next to the fusome, a specialized cytoplasm occupying the bridge connecting sibling cells. ..
- Tworzydło W, Kisiel E. Structure of ovaries and oogenesis in dermapterans. II. The nurse cells, nuage aggregates and sponge bodies. Folia Biol (Krakow). 2010;58:67-72 pubmed..We suggest that RER/nuage complexes in Doru, as sponge bodies in Drosophila, are implicated in mRNA translocation. ..
- Tworzydło W, Bilinski S. Structure of ovaries and oogenesis in dermapterans. I. Origin and functioning of the ovarian follicles. Arthropod Struct Dev. 2008;37:310-20 pubmed publisher..In other words, the rigid extensions keep the nucleus in the cell centre while the cytoplasm flows, in between these extensions, towards the intercellular bridge connecting the nurse cell with the oocyte. ..
- Tworzydlo W, Kloc M, Bilinski S. Female germline stem cell niches of earwigs are structurally simple and different from those of Drosophila melanogaster. J Morphol. 2010;271:634-40 pubmed publisher..We also show that between somatic cells of earwig niche argosome-like vesicles and cytoneme-like extensions are present...
- Tworzydło W, Bilinski S, Kocárek P, Haas F. Ovaries and germline cysts and their evolution in Dermaptera (Insecta). Arthropod Struct Dev. 2010;39:360-8 pubmed publisher..The interpretation of our results in an evolutionary context supports the monophyly of the Dermaptera and Eudermaptera, and the inclusion of the Arixeniina and Hemimerina in the latter taxon. ..
- Tworzydlo W, Kisiel E, Jankowska W, Witwicka A, Bilinski S. Exclusion of dysfunctional mitochondria from Balbiani body during early oogenesis of Thermobia. Cell Tissue Res. 2016;366:191-201 pubmed publisher..We suggest that, in addition to the aforementioned functions, the Bb is implicated in the selective elimination of dysfunctional mitochondria during oogenesis. ..
- Tworzydlo W, Marek M, Kisiel E, Bilinski S. Meiosis, Balbiani body and early asymmetry of Thermobia oocyte. Protoplasma. 2017;254:649-655 pubmed publisher..Finally, our observations indicate the presence of lampbrush chromosomes in the nuclei of previtellogenic oocytes. In the close vicinity to lampbrush chromosomes, characteristic spherical nuclear bodies are present. ..