Affiliation: Jagiellonian University
- Effectiveness of targeted therapy in patients with previously untreated metastatic breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisPaweł Kawalec
Jagiellonian University Medical College, Faculty of Health Sciences, Institute of Public Health, Department of Drug Management, Krakow, Poland Electronic address
Clin Breast Cancer 15:90-100.e1. 2015..The addition of targeted therapy to chemotherapy or endocrine therapy using HER2 and HR status significantly improved ORR, PFS, and OS in patients with previously untreated MBC...
- Pregabalin for the treatment of social anxiety disorderPaweł Kawalec
Jagiellonian University Medical College, Department of Drug Management, Faculty of Health Sciences, Grzegorzecka 20, PL 31 531 Kraków, Poland
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 24:585-94. 2015..However, new effective therapeutic options are still needed. Pregabalin is a novel anxiolytic, which seems to be a promising therapy for SAD...
- Sipuleucel-T immunotherapy for castration-resistant prostate cancer. A systematic review and meta-analysisPaweł Kawalec
Drug Management Department, Institute of Public Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Arch Med Sci 8:767-75. 2012..It is assumed to be associated with less adverse events than conventional docetaxel-based chemotherapy...
- The effectiveness of tofacitinib, a novel Janus kinase inhibitor, in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysisPaweł Kawalec
Drug Management Department, Institute of Public Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, Jagiellonian University, 20 Grzegorzecka St, 31 531, Krakow, Poland
Clin Rheumatol 32:1415-24. 2013..In addition, tofacitinib might provide an effective treatment option compared to intravenous or subcutaneous biological DMARDs, as suggested by the result of the comparison made regarding tofacitinib vs. adalimumab ACR50 response rate...
- [The evaluation of cost-effectiveness and cost-utility of valganciclovir for the prophylaxis of cytomegalovirus disease to 200 days after kidney transplantation]Paweł Kawalec
Uniwersytet Jagielloński w Krakowie, Zakład Gospodarki Lekiem, Instytut Zdrowia Publicznego, Wydział Nauk o Zdrowiu
Pol Merkur Lekarski 34:332-8. 2013..z o.o.) from 110 to 200 days, in the high risk patients group after kidney transplant (seronegative recipient and infected donor, D+/R-). The analysis was performed from the Polish healthcare payer's perspective...
- [Clinical efficacy and safety of prolonged use of the valganciclovir for the treatment of cytomegalovirus disease in patients after kidney transplantation]Paweł Kawalec
Uniwersytet Jagielloński w Krakowie, Wydział Nauk o Zdrowiu, Instytut Zdrowia Publicznego, Zaklad Gospodarki Lekiem
Pol Merkur Lekarski 35:10-3. 2013....
- Efavirenz-Based Regimens in Antiretroviral-Naive HIV-Infected Patients: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled TrialsJoanna Kryst
Independent EBM expert, Krakow, Poland
PLoS ONE 10:e0124279. 2015..Beneficial safety profile of InSTI-based and CCR5-based therapy over efavirenz-based treatment needs further studies. ..
- Nevirapine-based regimens in HIV-infected antiretroviral-naive patients: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsPaweł Kawalec
Drug Management Department, Institute of Public Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland Centrum HTA Sp z o o Sp komandytowa, Krakow, Poland
PLoS ONE 8:e76587. 2013..Nevirapine belongs to the group of non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs) and is commonly administered in first-line treatment of HIV infection...
- Economic evaluation of single-pill combination of indapamide and amlodipine in the treatment of arterial hypertension in the Polish settingPaweł Kawalec
Departament of Drug Management, Institute of Public Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, Jagiellonian University Collegium Medicum, Krakow, Poland
Kardiol Pol 73:768-80. 2015..The current ESC/ESH 2013 guidelines for the first time recommend treatment with a combination of thiazide-like diuretic with calcium channel blocker. Currently, no such combination is reimbursed from public funds in Poland...
- The indirect costs of multiple sclerosis: systematic review and meta-analysisEwa Stawowczyk
a 1 HTA Expert, Krakow, 31 531, Poland
Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 15:759-86. 2015..Costs were higher for Europe than for other continents and were also higher for patients with a higher Expanded Disability Status Scale score. ..
- [Administration of conestat alfa, human C1 esterase inhibitor and icatibant in the treatment of acute angioedema attacks in adults with hereditary angioedema due to C1 esterase inhibitor deficiency. Treatment comparison based on systematic review results]Paweł Kawalec
Zakład Gospodarki Lekiem, Instytut Zdrowia Publicznego, Wydział Nauk o Zdrowiu UJ, ul Grzegorzecka 20, Krakow
Pneumonol Alergol Pol 81:95-104. 2013..The aim of this study is a comparison of the clinical effectiveness of conestat alfa, human C1 esterase inhibitor (C1INH), and icatibant in the treatment of acute angioedema attacks in adults with HAE...
- Cost-effectiveness of a cardiovascular disease primary prevention programme in a primary health care setting. Results of the Polish part of the EUROACTION projectNevena Sović
Institute of Public Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, Jagiellonian University Collegium Medicum, Krakow, Poland
Kardiol Pol 71:702-11. 2013..However, introducing them broadly into clinical practice would have a significant impact on the healthcare budget, and requires careful consideration...
- Economic evaluation of sipuleucel-T immunotherapy in castration-resistant prostate cancerPrzemysław Holko
Centrum HTA, Krakow, Poland
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 14:63-73. 2014..Accounting for crossover treatment in control patients improves sipuleucel-T's value (US$132,000 per QALY saved) although further investigation is necessary. ..