Affiliation: Institute of Physiology and Pathology of Hearing
- Vascularization of the mandibular condylar head with respect to intracapsular fractures of mandibleJarosław Wysocki
Clinic of Otolaryngology and Rehabilitation, II Medical Faculty, Medical University of Warsaw, Kajetany, Mokra 17 Str, 05 830 Nadarzyn, Poland
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 40:112-5. 2012..Causes of mandibular condylar (condylar) head necrosis as a consequence of intracapsular mandibular fractures are still a subject of controversy...
- Comparison of round-window membrane mechanics before and after experimental stapedotomyJarosław Wysocki
Department of Otolaryngology and Rehabilitation, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Medical University of Warsaw, Nadarzyn, Poland
Laryngoscope 121:1958-64. 2011..In the case of stapedotomy, the majority of patients report lack of satisfactory results for frequencies above 2,000 Hz. The effect has not been experimentally investigated yet...
- Patency of nasopharynx and a cephalometric image in the children with orthodontic problemsJarosław Wysocki
Clinic of Otolaryngology and Rehabilitation II Medical Faculty, Warsaw Medical University, Poland
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 73:1803-9. 2009..To study a possible impact of adenoidectomy on malocclusion on the base of cephalometry...
- Topographical anatomy and morphometry of the temporal bone of the macaqueJ Wysocki
Clinic of Otolaryngology and Rehabilitation, II Medical Faculty, Warsaw Medical University, Poland, Kajetany, Nadarzyn, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 68:13-22. 2009..The semicircular canals are relatively small, very regular in shape, and characterized by almost the same dimensions. The bony walls of the labyrinth are relatively thin...
- Topographical anatomy and measurements of selected parameters of the rat temporal boneJ Wysocki
Clinic of Otolaryngology, Medical University of Warsaw, Kajetany, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 67:111-9. 2008..This needs to be taken into consideration during all experiments requiring the introduction of examining instruments into the cochlear scala...
- The size of venous foramina and skull capacity in man and selected vertebrate speciesJ Wysocki
Department of Vertebrate Morphology, Agricultural Faculty, Academy of Podlasie, Siedlce, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 67:98-103. 2008....
- Measurements of pre- and postpubertal human larynx: a cadaver studyJarosław Wysocki
Otolaryngology and Rehabilitation Clinic, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Medical University, Kajetany, Mokra 17 Str, 05 830 Nadarzyn, Warsaw, Poland
Surg Radiol Anat 30:191-9. 2008..However, proportion is not gender-related and hence is about the same in both males and females of any given age-group. Nevertheless, basic parameters were larger in males...
- Anatomical variants of the cervical vertebrae and the first thoracic vertebra in manJarosław Wysocki
Institute of Physiology and Pathology of Hearing, Warszawa, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 62:357-63. 2003..Some of these anatomical variants may be a cause of certain clinical symptoms which have previously been described in the literature...
- Relative nasopharyngeal patency index as possible objective indication for adenoidectomy in children with orthodontic problemsMarta Krasny
Institute of Mother and Child, Warsaw, Poland
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 75:250-5. 2011..Although the harmful influence of nasopharyngeal obstruction on the facial skeleton has been demonstrated, clear criteria to qualify children with adenoid hypertrophy and malocclusion for adenoidectomy have not been established yet...
- The morphology of the hypoglossal canal and its size in relation to skull capacity in man and other mammal speciesJarosław Wysocki
Department of Vertebrate Morphology, Podlaska Academy, Siedlce, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 63:11-7. 2004..This suggests that the hypoglossal canal is an essential venous emissary in man, rhesus monkey and European bison, but that in the remaining species it is of secondary importance in this respect...
- Measurements of selected parameters of the guinea pig temporal boneJarosław Wysocki
Institute of Physiology and Pathology of Hearing, Warsaw, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 64:145-50. 2005..This should be taken into account during all tests which require the introduction of examining instruments into the cochlear scala...
- Correlations between selected parameters of the human skull and orbitStanisław Nitek
Department of Human and Clinical Anatomy, Center of Biostructure, Warsaw Medical University, Warsaw, Poland
Med Sci Monit 15:BR370-7. 2009..Correlations between selected metric parameters of the human skull and the orbit should be useful for anticipating probable dimensions of the orbit in living subjects...
- Analysis of operating field area in transpyramidal retrolabyrinthine approach to posterior cranial fossaStanisław Nitek
Department of Normal Anatomy, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 61:305-8. 2002..The maximal measured value was 356 mm2, and the minimal was 84.3 mm2. The size of the surgical area is characterised by large deviation range but was always sufficient to insert the endoscopic device and standard otosurgical instruments...
- Topographical anatomy of the guinea pig temporal boneJarosław Wysocki
Department of Normal Anatomy, University Medical School in Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Hear Res 199:103-10. 2005..The semicircular canals are relatively large, the lateral canal is largest and the posterior the smallest. The cochlea has thin bony wall, and is composed of 3.5-3.75 turns...
- Morphology of the temporal canal and postglenoid foramen with reference to the size of the jugular foramen in man and selected species of animalsJarosław Wysocki
Department of Human Anatomy, University Medical School, Warsaw, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 61:199-208. 2002..In contrast, the postglenoid foramen in man has a marginal significance. The remaining kinds, whose skulls have been investigated, occupy on that score an intermediate position...