Affiliation: Institute of Oncology
- Overrepresentation of the short arm of chromosome 12 in seminoma and nonseminoma groups of testicular germ cell tumorsBarbara Pienkowska-Grela
Cytogenetic Laboratory, The Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, 5 K W Roentgen Str, 02 781, Warsaw, Poland
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 134:102-8. 2002..Heterogeneity in the copy number of i(12p) and other 12p-derived markers, as well as chromosome 12 aneuploidy, were higher in NS tumors than in SE...
- Frequent aberrations of chromosome 8 in aggressive B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomaBarbara Pienkowska-Grela
Cytogenetic Laboratory, The Memorial M Sklodowska Curie Cancer Centre and Institute, Roentgen Str 5, 02 781 Warsaw, Poland
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 156:114-21. 2005..This study indicates that the mechanisms of C-MYC activation involved in BLL can be different from that for the BL...
- Complete cytogenetic and molecular response after imatinib treatment for chronic myeloid leukemia in a patient with atypical karyotype and BCR-ABL b2a3 transcriptBarbara Pienkowska-Grela
Maria Skladowska Curie Memorial Cancer Centre and Institute, K W Roentgen Str 5, 02 781Warsaw, Poland
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 174:111-5. 2007..Our data seem to confirm the data of others in regards to the b2a3 breakpoint, suggesting a better prognosis, regardless of other unfavorable factors...
- Karyotype changes during long-term targeted therapy of chronic myeloid leukemia with imatinibBarbara Pienkowska-Grela
Cytogenetics Laboratory, The Marie Sklodowska Curie Institute of Oncology, Warsaw, Poland
Leuk Lymphoma 50:952-65. 2009..The risk of progression of cytogenetic changes in group with deletion was more than nine times higher than in patients with sole t(9;22) without deletion (statistically significant)...
- Partial trisomy 11, dup(11)(q23q13), as a defect characterizing lymphomas with Burkitt pathomorphology without MYC gene rearrangementBarbara Pienkowska-Grela
Cytogenetic Laboratory, Department of Lymphoprolipherative Disease, MSCM Cancer Centre and Institute, 5 W K Roentgen Str, 02 781, Warsaw, Poland
Med Oncol 28:1589-95. 2011..Identifying such an aberration may be helpful in the diagnostics of Inter-DLBCL/BL eventually forming a distinct subgroup of lymphomas...
- Significance of chromosomal markers in the diagnosis of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)Renata Woroniecka
Centre of Oncology, M Skłodowska Curie Memorial Institute, Cytogenetic Department, ul Roentgena 5, 02 781 Warszawa, Poland
J Appl Genet 43:545-53. 2002..In this study we show that detection of chromosomal abnormalities is useful in diagnosis of MCL and has some prognostic significance...