Affiliation: Institute of Oncology
- Overrepresentation of the short arm of chromosome 12 in seminoma and nonseminoma groups of testicular germ cell tumorsBarbara Pienkowska-Grela
Cytogenetic Laboratory, The Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, 5 K W Roentgen Str, 02 781, Warsaw, Poland
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 134:102-8. 2002..Heterogeneity in the copy number of i(12p) and other 12p-derived markers, as well as chromosome 12 aneuploidy, were higher in NS tumors than in SE...
- Partial trisomy 11, dup(11)(q23q13), as a defect characterizing lymphomas with Burkitt pathomorphology without MYC gene rearrangementBarbara Pienkowska-Grela
Cytogenetic Laboratory, Department of Lymphoprolipherative Disease, MSCM Cancer Centre and Institute, 5 W K Roentgen Str, 02 781, Warsaw, Poland
Med Oncol 28:1589-95. 2011..Identifying such an aberration may be helpful in the diagnostics of Inter-DLBCL/BL eventually forming a distinct subgroup of lymphomas...
- Karyotype changes during long-term targeted therapy of chronic myeloid leukemia with imatinibBarbara Pienkowska-Grela
Cytogenetics Laboratory, The Marie Sklodowska Curie Institute of Oncology, Warsaw, Poland
Leuk Lymphoma 50:952-65. 2009..The risk of progression of cytogenetic changes in group with deletion was more than nine times higher than in patients with sole t(9;22) without deletion (statistically significant)...
- Complete cytogenetic and molecular response after imatinib treatment for chronic myeloid leukemia in a patient with atypical karyotype and BCR-ABL b2a3 transcriptBarbara Pienkowska-Grela
Maria Skladowska Curie Memorial Cancer Centre and Institute, K W Roentgen Str 5, 02 781Warsaw, Poland
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 174:111-5. 2007..Our data seem to confirm the data of others in regards to the b2a3 breakpoint, suggesting a better prognosis, regardless of other unfavorable factors...
- Frequent aberrations of chromosome 8 in aggressive B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomaBarbara Pienkowska-Grela
Cytogenetic Laboratory, The Memorial M Sklodowska Curie Cancer Centre and Institute, Roentgen Str 5, 02 781 Warsaw, Poland
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 156:114-21. 2005..This study indicates that the mechanisms of C-MYC activation involved in BLL can be different from that for the BL...
- Unusual cyclin D1 positive marginal zone lymphoma of mediastinumGrzegorz Rymkiewicz
Department of Pathology, Centre of Oncology, Maria Skłodowska Curie Memorial Institute, Warsaw, Poland
Med Oncol 23:423-8. 2006..In addition, our case differs from other, previously reported thymic MZL lymphoma cases by no autoimmune disease association, Caucasian origin, and the absence of the plasmacytic differentiation on both HP/IH...
- Comparison of cytogenetic changes between primary and relapsed patients with borderline tumors of the ovaryBeata Grygalewicz
Cytogenetic Laboratory, Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Centre and Institute, ul Roentgena 5, 02 781 Warsaw, Poland
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 195:157-63. 2009..Gains of tested oncogenes (CCND1 and MYC) have been demonstrated in both groups of investigated tumors. Gains of CCNC1 and MYC genes could be of prognostic value in borderline tumors, but this assumption requires further research...
- Spontaneously immortalized human T lymphocytes develop gain of chromosomal region 2p13-24 as an early and common genetic eventJan Konrad Siwicki
Department of Immunology, Maria Skłodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Warsaw, Poland
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 41:133-44. 2004....
- Acute panmyelosis with myelofibrosis with EVI1 amplificationBeata Grygalewicz
Cytogenetic Laboratory, Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Centre and Institute, Warsaw, Poland
Cancer Genet 205:255-60. 2012....
- Mantle cell lymphoma presenting with paraproteinemiaGrzegorz Rymkiewicz
Department of Pathology, Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Institute, Warsaw, Poland
Med Oncol 22:319-23. 2005..The IgM paraproteinemia is rare in MCL, although is a common feature of lymphoplasmacytoid lymphomas (LPL) and is considered a major characteristic of Waldenström's macroglobulinemia (WM)...
- Significance of chromosomal markers in the diagnosis of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)Renata Woroniecka
Centre of Oncology, M Skłodowska Curie Memorial Institute, Cytogenetic Department, ul Roentgena 5, 02 781 Warszawa, Poland
J Appl Genet 43:545-53. 2002..In this study we show that detection of chromosomal abnormalities is useful in diagnosis of MCL and has some prognostic significance...
- Variant t(2;11)(p11.2;q13) without IGK involvement in a case of mantle cell lymphomaRenata Woroniecka
Cytogenetic Laboratory, Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute, K W Roentgen Street 5, 02 781 Warsaw, Poland
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 175:154-8. 2007..It is probable that the KV3J gene localized in this region could deregulate the expression of cyclin D1...
- Susceptibility loci and chromosomal abnormalities in radiation induced hematopoietic neoplasms in miceJoanna Piskorowska
Department of Genetics and Laboratory Animal Breeding, Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Warsaw, Poland
J Radiat Res 52:147-58. 2011..Cytogenetic analysis indicated chromosomal aberrations presumably associated with lymphomagenesis, no specific cancer-related rearrangements were observed...
- Unusual IgD+/CD38-follicular lymphoma with leukemic presentationGrzegorz Rymkiewicz
Department of Pathology, Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Centre, Warsaw, Poland
Med Oncol 23:131-5. 2006..She is still in a good condition with follow up over 2 yr...
- Treatment with small molecules is an important milestone towards the induction of pluripotency in neural stem cells derived from human cord bloodIlona Szablowska-Gadomska
NeuroRepair Department, Mossakowski Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 72:337-50. 2012..The obtained data show that the small molecules in conjunction with reprogramming factors are the potent tools in cell reprogramming...