Affiliation: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Serum EPO and VEGF levels in patients with sleep-disordered breathing and acute myocardial infarctionWojciech Kukwa
Department of Otolaryngology, Czerniakowski Hospital, Medical University of Warsaw, 19 25 Stepinska Street, 00 739 Warsaw, Poland
Sleep Breath 17:1063-9. 2013..The study aimed to explore the EPO and VEGF serum levels in SDB and non-SDB patients during the acute phase of myocardial infarction...
- [Submucosal arytenoidectomy with laterofixation in the treatment of bilateral vocal fold paralysis following lung cancer]Wojciech Kukwa
Klinika Otolaryngologii Oddziału Stomatologii AM w Warszawie
Otolaryngol Pol 61:17-20. 2007..The technique evolved from the large extralaryngeal operation to the endoscopic, intralaryngeal procedure. Gradually it excluded tracheostomy from the methods of treatment of dyspnoea caused by bilateral vocal fold paralysis...
- (99m)TC-octreotide scintigraphy and somatostatin receptor subtype expression in juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibromasWojciech Kukwa
Department of Otolaryngology, Czerniakowski Hospital, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Head Neck 33:1739-46. 2011..The main goal of the study was the analysis of somatostatin receptor (SSTR) expression on juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma (JNA) cells and a subsequent analysis of the utility of SST analog-based scintigraphy in JNA diagnostics...
- Laryngeal embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma in an adult - a case presentation in the eyes of geneticists and cliniciansWojciech Kukwa
Department of Otolaryngology, Czerniakowski Hospital, Medical University of Warsaw, ul Stepinska 19 25, Warsaw, Poland
BMC Cancer 11:166. 2011..The entire spectrum of genetic factors underlying RMS development and progression is unclear until today. Multiple signaling pathways seem to be involved in ERMS development and progression...
- A new approach to studying the nasal and oral breathing routesAndrzej Kukwa
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Czerniakowski Hospital, Medical University of Warsaw, Head prof dr hab n med Antoni Krzeski, Warsaw, Poland Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Disease, University of Varmia and Masuria School of Medicine, Head dr hab n med Anna Doboszyńska, prof UWM, Olsztyn, Poland
Otolaryngol Pol 68:112-8. 2014..Currently, objective measures of nasal patency rates are very limited. Functional tests only analyze nasal breathing; they do not simultaneously assess airflow through the mouth...
- Vulvar cancer as a target for molecular medicineAleksandra Klemba
Institute of Genetics and Biotechnology, Faculty of Biology, University of Warsaw, 5A Pawinskiego Street, 02 106, Warsaw, Poland
Front Biosci (Schol Ed) 3:136-44. 2011..We conclude by suggesting molecular markers of potential clinical value in the diagnostics of this type of cancer...
- Mitochondrial genotype in vulvar carcinoma - cuckoo in the nestAleksandra Klemba
Institute of Genetics and Biotechnology, Faculty of Biology, University of Warsaw, ul, Pawinskiego 5A, 02 106, Warsaw, Poland
J Biomed Sci 17:73. 2010..Finally, a specific pattern of mtDNA polymorphisms was found in VSCC. Our results suggest that the mitochondrial genetic background may influence the risk of VSCC occurrence as well as susceptibility to HPV infection...
- Molecular basis of carcinogenesis in diabetic patients (review)Artur Matyszewski
Department of Oncology, Military Institute of Medicine, Warsaw, Poland
Int J Oncol 46:1435-43. 2015..Knowledge gained through these studies may lead to more efficacious oncologic therapies...
- Molecular oncology focus - is carcinogenesis a 'mitochondriopathy'?Anna M Czarnecka
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Department of Oncology, Military Institute of the Health Services, Warsaw, Poland
J Biomed Sci 17:31. 2010....