Affiliation: Collegium Medicum
- Memantine - neuroprotective drug in aging brainDominika Karolczak
Andrzej Marszałek, MD, PhD, Collegium Medicum Nicolaus Copernicus University, Department of Clinical Pathomorphology, M Skłodowskiej Curie 9, 85 094 Bydgoszcz, tel 48 52 5854200, fax 48 52 5854049, E mail
Pol J Pathol 64:196-203. 2013..It probably improves caspase-dependent apoptosis in the aging brain. ..
- Exposure to ethanol and tobacco smoke in relation to level of PCNA antigen expression in pancreatic and hepatic rat cellsEwa Wisniewska
Department of Clinical Pathomorphology, Ludwik Rydygier Collegium Medium Bydgoszcz, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun, Skłodowskiej Curie 9, PL 85 094 Bydgoszcz, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 65:914-26. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate hepatocyte and pancreatic cells regeneration after tobacco and/or ethanol treatment...
- Traumatic ulcerative granuloma with stromal eosinophilia. A case report and short literature reviewAndrzej Marszałek
Department of Clinical Pathomorphology, ul M Skłodowskiej Curie 9, 85 094 Bydgoszcz, Poland
Pol J Pathol 62:172-5. 2011..In a short literature review, we characterize this entity, analyse its aetiology and nature. Differential diagnosis is also discussed...
- [Tobacco smoking--what we know and what we do with our knowledge?]Andrzej Marszałek
Katedra i Zakład Patomorfologii Klinicznej Collegium Medicum, Bydgoszcz, Uniwersytet im Mikołaja Kopernika, Torun
Przegl Lek 67:1068-70. 2010..Although, the number of evidences of adverse effects of tobacco smoke on human health, the number of smoking population is still high. What activities should be taken for promoting life without tobacco smoke?..
- Patient with rheumatoid arthritis and acute renal failure: a case report and review of literatureAndrzej Marszałek
Chair and Department of Clinical Pathology Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun
Pol J Pathol 61:229-33. 2010..These pathological findings were consistent with the scleroderma nephropathy. Additionally, we provided a brief literature overview on coincidence of hypertension and different types of connective tissue diseases...
- Multiple skin metastases to vulva from carcinoma of the cervical stumpMarek Grabiec
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland
Ginekol Pol 81:140-3. 2010..The frequency of metastasis is estimated from 0.01% to 2%. The presence of metastasis suggests generalized dissemination of the disease and reflects a rapidly progressive process that appear in the final stage of the disease...
- [Screening studies--is tobacco smoking always recognized as a risk factor?]Ewa Domanowska
Katedra i Zakład Patomorfologii Klinicznej, Collegium Medicum w Bydgoszczy, Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika w Toruniu
Przegl Lek 65:684-6. 2008..In this paper the authors on the example of screening of gynecological cytolotogy would like discuss the problem of lack of proper patients' history especially according the smoking habit...
- A difficult diagnosis: a case report of combined Riedel's disease and fibrosing Hashimoto's thyroiditisRoman Junik
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz, Bydgoszcz, Poland
Endokrynol Pol 62:351-6. 2011..It is our opinion that in our patient the two diseases existed separately, and their coexistence was most likely coincidental...
- [Smoking-related diseases--the role of physician (pathologist) in diagnosis and preventive activities]Andrzej Marszałek
Katedra i Zakład Patomorfologii, Klinicznej Collegium Medium Uniwersytet, Mikołaja Kopernika w Bydgoszczy
Przegl Lek 64:889-91. 2007..In this paper there are presented some current data indicated a significant role of tobacco smoke in development of selected disease...
- [Cervical cytology picture--tobacco smoking and inadequate patients' history taking]Ewa Domanowska
Katedra i Zakład Patomorfologii Klinicznej, Collegium Medium Uniwersytet, Mikołaja Kopernika w Bydgoszczy
Przegl Lek 64:706-9. 2007..18%). In conclusion, we can state, that in almost 70% of studied cases smoking habit information was ignored by clinicians. Lesions with high risk of cervical cancer were found more commonly in smoking patients...
- [Expression of tumor matrix markers rebuild in laryngeal cancer depends on number of smoked cigarettes]Magdalena Bodnar
Katedra i Zakład Patomorfologii Klinicznej, Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika, Torun, Collegium Medicum im L Rydygiera, Bydgoszcz
Przegl Lek 67:850-4. 2010..In summary we may suggest, that the level of exposure on tobacco smoke play important role on changes in tumor markers expression...
- Histologic and immunohistochemical studies of rectus sheath in obese patientsWojciech Szczesny
Department of General and Endocrine Surgery, Ludwik Rydygier College of Medicine, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Bydgoszcz, Poland
J Surg Res 180:260-5. 2013..The goal of this study was to compare the content of elastin in the rectus muscle sheath of obese patients and nonobese controls...
- Correlation of SATB1 expression with clinical course of cutaneous T-cell lymphomasAleksandra Grzanka
Department of Dermatology, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland
Pol J Pathol 63:101-5. 2012..The SATB1 expression seems to be a potential prognosis factor confirming the inner heterogeneous features of CTCLs...
- [Papilloma of the lacrimal sac]Paweł K Burduk
Katedra i Klinika Otolaryngologii i Onkologii Laryngologicznej Collegium Medium w Bydgoszczy, UMK w Toruniu, ul Skłodowskiej Curie 9, 85 094 Bydgoszcz, Poland
Otolaryngol Pol 67:52-6. 2013..Primary lacrimal sac papilloma require long term follow up for recurrence or malignant transformation. HPV infection could be associated with the development of lacrimal sac papillomas...
- Effect of exogenous pulmonary surfactant preparations on the structure of pulmonary alveoli in newborn ratsJakub Zurawski
Department of Clinical Pathomorphology, Medical University, Poznan, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 40:285-95. 2002..Comparing two different surfactant preparation, Exosurf and Survanta, it was shown that the former one produced stronger and faster damage to lung alveoli than the latter one...