- Changes in BMI and the prevalence of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents in Cracow, Poland, 1971-2000Maria Chrzanowska
Department of Anthropology, Academy of Physical Education, Av Jana Pawla II 78, 31 571 Krakow, Poland
Econ Hum Biol 5:370-8. 2007..The extent to which girls attempt to achieve the ideal body, as portrayed by media and society more generally, increases across adolescence...
- Overweight and obesity in rural girls from Poland: changes between 1987 and 2001Maria Chrzanowska
University School of Physical Education, Department of Anthropology, Cracow, Poland
J Biosoc Sci 45:217-29. 2013..The analysis of the whole sample led to different results in comparison to separate analyses of each of the examined regions...
- Tracking and risk of abdominal obesity in the adolescence period in children aged 7-15. The Cracow Longitudinal Growth StudyMaria Chrzanowska
Department of Anthropology, University School of Physical Education, 31 571 Cracow, Poland
Am J Hum Biol 24:62-7. 2012..To examine the tracking of abdominal fat distribution from the age of 7 to 15 years and to estimate the risk of abdominal obesity at 15 based on the occurrence of abdominal obesity at the ages 7-14 years in boys and girls...
- Changes in central fatness and abdominal obesity in children and adolescents from Cracow, Poland 1983-2000Maria Chrzanowska
Department of Anthropology, University School of Physical Education, al Jana Pawła II 78, Cracow, Poland
Ann Hum Biol 37:242-52. 2010....
- [Normal and abnormal height and weight development in children and adolescents in Krakow--changes and trends in the last thirty years]Maria Chrzanowska
ZakÅ‚ad Antropologii, Akademia Wychowania Fizycznego im B Czecha, al Jana PawÅ‚a II 78, 31 571 KrakÃ³w, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 8:53-64. 2004..The aim of this study is to determine the frequency of height and weight disharmony in children and adolescents in Krakow, i.e. both overweight and underweight in relation to height and the trends in last thirty years...
- Ontogenesis changes and sex dimorphism of subcutaneous fat distribution: 12-year longitudinal study of children and adolescents from Cracow, PolandMaria Chrzanowska
Department of Anthropology, Academy of Physical Education, 31 571 Cracow, Poland
Am J Hum Biol 20:424-30. 2008..More dynamic fat redistribution in boys contrasted trunk and extremity fatness, while in girls less dynamic changes resulted in more even fatness...
- Socioeconomic determinants of menarche in rural Polish girls using the decision trees methodStanisław Matusik
Statistics and Computer Science Division, Academy of Physical Education, Cracow, Poland
J Biosoc Sci 43:257-69. 2011..However, the decision trees method is infrequently applied in social sciences and constitutes a novelty; this article proves its usefulness in examining relations between biological processes and a population's living conditions...
- [Dietary patterns and selected anthropometric parameters of nutritional status of men between 20 and 60 years old from Krakow population]Maria Gacek
Zakład Higieny i Promocji Zdrowia, Akademia Wychowania Fizycznego w Krakowie
Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig 59:237-45. 2008..17 vs. 18.24%, p < 0.01) and 50-60 years old (22.76 vs. 25.01, p < 0.05)...
- [Selected nutritional behaviours of professionally active men in Cracovian population depending on the age]Maria Gacek
Zakład Higieny i Promocji Zdrowia, Akademia Wychowania Fizycznego w Krakowie 31 571 Kraków, al Jana Pawła II 78
Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig 58:549-56. 2007..The research has shown that the percentage of faulty feeding choices among men diminish with their age...