- Relationship between single nucleotide polymorphisms in leptin, IL6 and adiponectin genes and their circulating product in morbidly obese subjects before and after gastric banding surgery
INSERM Avenir EA 3502, Paris 6 University, Nutrition Department, AP HP, Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Obes Surg 15:11-23. 2005
..We hypothesized that polymorphism effects could be better detected in a situation of negative energy balance and that modified concentrations of adiposity signal genes could change the dynamics of weight gain in obese subjects...
- Serum amyloid A: a marker of adiposity-induced low-grade inflammation but not of metabolic status
INSERM U755, Paris, France
Obesity (Silver Spring) 14:309-18. 2006
..We studied the variations of expression of the SAA gene in adipose and liver tissues and of SAA serum levels, as well as their relationships with metabolic features during weight loss...
- Cathepsins in human obesity: changes in energy balance predominantly affect cathepsin s in adipose tissue and in circulation
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Méédicale, Unite 872, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:1861-8. 2010
..Recent studies in humans and mice suggest the implication of the cysteine proteases cathepsins S, L, and K in vascular and metabolic complications of obesity...
- Dynamics of change in total and regional body composition after gastric bypass in obese patients
Department of Nutrition, Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital AP HP, University Pierre et Marie Curie Paris6, Human Nutrition Research Center CRNH Ile de France, Paris, France
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:760-5. 2010
..In conclusion, follow-up of these obese women revealed a differential pattern of change in FM and LBM after RYGB. Despite an important loss in LBM, especially during the 3-6 months of initial period, LBM appears to be spared thereafter...
- Fibrosis in human adipose tissue: composition, distribution, and link with lipid metabolism and fat mass loss
INSERM, U872, Nutriomique, Paris, France
Diabetes 59:2817-25. 2010
..We investigated the composition of subcutaneous (scWAT) and omental WAT (oWAT) fibrosis in obesity and its relationship with metabolic alterations and surgery-induced weight loss...
- Structural and inflammatory heterogeneity in subcutaneous adipose tissue: relation with liver histopathology in morbid obesity
ICAN Institut Cardiométabolisme et Nutrition, Paris, France
J Hepatol 56:1152-8. 2012
..e. superficial (sSAT) and deep (dSAT). The aim of the present study was to test the hypothesis that these distinct compartments differentially contribute to hepatic alterations in obesity...
- Weight loss reduces adipose tissue cathepsin S and its circulating levels in morbidly obese women
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U755, Nutrition Department, Hotel Dieu, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75004 Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1042-7. 2006
..Obesity is characterized by high levels of CTSS in the circulation and in sc white adipose tissue (scWAT)...
- Potential contribution of adipose tissue to elevated serum cystatin C in human obesity
INSERM, U872, Paris, France
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:2121-6. 2009
- Orosomucoid, a new biomarker in the association between obesity and periodontitis
Department of Periodontology, Service of Odontology, Rothschild Hospital, AP HP, Paris 7 Denis Diderot University, U F R of Odontology, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e57645. 2013
..04) after adjustment for age, gender and smoking. Our study thus suggests that the severity of periodontitis, in morbidly obese patients, is associated with the increase of orosomucoid levels...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator receptor in adipose tissue macrophages of morbidly obese subjects
Inserm U872, CRC Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, CHRU Pitié Salpétrière, Service de Nutrition, Paris, France
Obes Facts 4:17-25. 2011
..We previously identified, by a pangenomic approach (microarrays), the urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (PLAUR or CD87) as a potential marker of subcutaneous adipose tissue macrophage infiltration (ATM)...
- Needle and surgical biopsy techniques differentially affect adipose tissue gene expression profiles
David M Mutch
INSERM, Nutriomique U872 Team 7, Paris, France
Am J Clin Nutr 89:51-7. 2009
- Reduction of macrophage infiltration and chemoattractant gene expression changes in white adipose tissue of morbidly obese subjects after surgery-induced weight loss
INSERM Avenir, Paris 6 University EA3502 and Human Research Center on Nutrition CRNH, Hotel Dieu Hospital, AP HP, Paris, France
Diabetes 54:2277-86. 2005
..We show that improvement of the inflammatory profile after weight loss is related to a reduced number of macrophages in scWAT. MCP-1, PLAUR, CSF-3, and HIF-1alpha may play roles in the attraction of macrophages in scWAT...
- Serum amyloid A and obstructive sleep apnea syndrome before and after surgically-induced weight loss in morbidly obese subjects
INSERM, U755 Nutriomique, Paris, France
Obes Surg 16:1475-81. 2006
..To explore the potential role of SAA in the relation between OSA and CVD, we investigated relationships between changes in SAA concentrations and nocturnal respiratory events in obese subjects undergoing bariatric surgery...
- Is lean body mass decreased after obesity treatment by adjustable gastric banding?
Department of Nutrition, Hbtel Dieu Hospital AP HP, University Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Human Nutrition Research Center CRNH Ile de France, Paris, France
Obes Surg 17:427-33. 2007
..To address this issue, 1) we measured total and regional body composition following gastric banding in a group of obese subjects, and 2) we compared these data to those of a non-surgical control group of similar age and body size...
- Increased infiltration of macrophages in omental adipose tissue is associated with marked hepatic lesions in morbid human obesity
INSERM, U755 Nutriomique, Service de Nutrition, Hotel Dieu, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75004 Paris, France
Diabetes 55:1554-61. 2006
..These data suggest that the presence of macrophages in omental WAT participates in the cellular mechanisms favoring hepatic fibroinflammatory lesions in obese patients...
- CD14dimCD16+ and CD14+CD16+ monocytes in obesity and during weight loss: relationships with fat mass and subclinical atherosclerosis
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U, Cordeliers Research Center, Paris, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:2322-30. 2011
..We aimed to determine the frequency of these subpopulations during weight loss in obesity and diabetes, conditions associated with changes in systemic inflammation, and we tested the link with subclinical atherosclerosis...
- Cathepsin S, a novel biomarker of adiposity: relevance to atherogenesis
INSERM Avenir, Paris, France
FASEB J 19:1540-2. 2005
..Since this enzyme has been implicated in the development of atherosclerotic lesions, we propose that cathepsin S represents a molecular link between obesity and atherosclerosis...
- Validity of leg-to-leg bioelectrical impedance analysis to estimate body fat in obesity
Celia Lloret Linares
Department of Nutrition, Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital AP HP, University Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013, Paris, France
Obes Surg 21:917-23. 2011
- Variations in circulating inflammatory factors are related to changes in calorie and carbohydrate intakes early in the course of surgery-induced weight reduction
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, and Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Am J Clin Nutr 94:450-8. 2011
..Obesity is considered a low-grade inflammatory state that improves with weight loss. In addition to acute-phase proteins, other cytokines might contribute to systemic inflammation...
- Sensory impairment in obese patients? Sensitivity and pain detection thresholds for electrical stimulation after surgery-induced weight loss, and comparison with a nonobese population
Department of Internal Medicine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Lariboisiere, Unit of Therapeutic Research, Paris, France
Clin J Pain 29:43-9. 2013
..Obese patients have a high prevalence of painful musculoskeletal disorders that may decrease after massive weight loss. Pain thresholds may be different in obese participants...
- Metabolite profiling identifies candidate markers reflecting the clinical adaptations associated with Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery
David M Mutch
Nutriomique U872 Team 7, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 4:e7905. 2009
..To generate further insight into the numerous metabolic adaptations associated with RYGB surgery, we profiled serum metabolites before and after gastric bypass surgery and integrated metabolite changes with clinical data...
- Plasma NOV/CCN3 levels are closely associated with obesity in patients with metabolic disorders
INSERM, UMR_S938, Saint Antoine Research Center, Saint Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e66788. 2013
..No data are available on the relationship between plasma NOV/CCN3 levels and cardiovascular risk factors in humans. This study investigated the possible relationship between plasma NOV levels and cardiovascular risk factors in humans...
- Amiodarone-induced hyperthyroidism during massive weight loss following gastric bypass
Department of Nutrition, Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital AP HP, University Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Human Nutrition Research Center CRNH Ile de France, Paris, France
Obes Surg 17:1525-8. 2007
..In this situation, checking thyroid status is recommended, especially when there is a history of thyroid disease or potentially toxic thyroid medication...
- Histopathological algorithm and scoring system for evaluation of liver lesions in morbidly obese patients
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Beaujon Hospital, Pathology Department, Clichy, France
Hepatology 56:1751-9. 2012
..In the validation series, the interobserver agreement for the diagnosis of NASH was excellent (κ = 0.80) between liver pathologists. There was no discrepancy between the initial diagnosis and the diagnosis proposed using the algorithm...
- Effect of a Roux-en-Y gastric bypass on the pharmacokinetics of oral morphine using a population approach
INSERM, UMR S 1144 Université Paris Descartes Paris Diderot, Variabilité de réponse aux psychotropes, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacokinet 53:919-30. 2014
- Weight loss regulates inflammation-related genes in white adipose tissue of obese subjects
INSERM Avenir Paris 6 University, EA 3502, Nutrition Department, AP HP, Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
FASEB J 18:1657-69. 2004
..The beneficial effect of weight loss on obesity-related complications may be associated with the modification of the inflammatory profile in adipose tissue...
- Adiponectin gene expression in subcutaneous adipose tissue of obese women in response to short-term very low calorie diet and refeeding
Yong Ming Liu
EA 3502 and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Avenir and Paris VI University, Department of Nutrition, Hotel Dieu, 75004 Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:5881-6. 2003
..Both the levels of adiposity and insulin sensitivity may contribute to the variation in adiponectin gene expression in response to acute energy changes...
- Circulating phospholipid profiling identifies portal contribution to NASH signature in obesity
Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Universite Paris 06, UMR_S 1166 I, iCAN, Nutriomics Team, F 75005 Paris, France INSERM, UMR_S U1166, Nutriomics Team, F 75013 Paris, France Institute of Cardiometabolism and Nutrition, iCAN, AP HP, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, F 75013 Paris, France
J Hepatol 62:905-12. 2015
..We aimed at defining NASH signature in morbid obesity by mass spectrometry-based lipidomic analysis...
- High levels of CRP in morbid obesity: the central role of adipose tissue and lessons for clinical practice before and after bariatric surgery
Anne Cécile Paepegaey
Institute of Cardiometabolism and Nutrition, iCAN, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Nutrition Department, Heart and Metabolism Division, Paris, France
Surg Obes Relat Dis 11:148-54. 2015
..The aim of this study was to determine factors associated with high levels of CRP in obesity...
- Salivary proteome modifications associated with periodontitis in obese patients
Department of Periodontology, Service of Odontology, Garancière Rothschild Hospital, AP HP, Paris 7 Denis Diderot University, U F R of Odontology, Paris, France
J Clin Periodontol 39:799-806. 2012
..To identify changes in the salivary protein/peptide profiles by differential proteomics in obese patients with or without periodontitis...
- Pilot study examining the frequency of several gene polymorphisms involved in morphine pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics in a morbidly obese population
Celia Lloret Linares
Department of Nutrition and Endocrinology, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Obes Surg 21:1257-64. 2011
..A118G polymorphism in patients undergoing gastric bypass surgery are needed...
- Bariatric Surgery Induces Disruption in Inflammatory Signaling Pathways Mediated by Immune Cells in Adipose Tissue: A RNA-Seq Study
Institute of Cardiometabolism and Nutrition ICAN, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Nutrition Department, F 75013, Paris, France Sorbonne Universités, University Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM UMR_S 1166, Nutriomics Team, F 75005, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0125718. 2015
..Bariatric surgery is associated to improvements in obesity-associated comorbidities thought to be mediated by a decrease of adipose inflammation. However, the molecular mechanisms behind these beneficial effects are poorly understood...
- T cell-derived IL-22 amplifies IL-1β-driven inflammation in human adipose tissue: relevance to obesity and type 2 diabetes
INSERM, UMR S 1166 and 1138, Paris, FranceSorbonne Universités, Pierre et Marie Curie Paris6, Paris, FranceUniversité Paris Descartes, Paris, FranceInstitute of Cardiometabolism and Nutrition, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Diabetes 63:1966-77. 2014
..These results provide an additional rationale for targeting IL-1β in obesity-linked type 2 diabetes and may have important implications for the conception of novel combined anti-IL-1β and anti-IL-22 immunotherapy in human obesity...
- Effects of weight loss on bone status after bariatric surgery: association between adipokines and bone markers
Department of Nutrition, Hôtel Dieu Hospital AP HP, Paris, France
Obes Surg 18:58-65. 2008
..Our review focuses on gastric banding, vertical banded gastroplasty, and gastric bypass...
- GLUT2 accumulation in enterocyte apical and intracellular membranes: a study in morbidly obese human subjects and ob/ob and high fat-fed mice
INSERM, U872, Team 9, Paris, France
Diabetes 60:2598-607. 2011
..Loss of insulin action maintains apical GLUT2 location. In human enterocytes, apical GLUT2 location has not been reported but may be revealed under conditions of insulin resistance...
- In vivo epinephrine-mediated regulation of gene expression in human skeletal muscle
Unité de Recherches sur les Obésités, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Unité 586, Institut Louis Bugnard, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, Universite Paul Sabatier, 31403 Toulouse, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2000-14. 2004
..They may contribute to the understanding of skeletal muscle alterations observed in pathological conditions characterized by sympathetic nervous system overdrive...