- Urine biomarkers in prostate cancer
INSERM U955 Eq07, Department of Urology, APHP, CHU Henri Mondor, 51 Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94000 Creteil, France
Nat Rev Urol 7:101-9. 2010
..In addition, an unmet need remains for markers that differentiate indolent from aggressive cancers, to better inform treatment decisions...
- Risk of repeat biopsy and prostate cancer detection after an initial extended negative biopsy: longitudinal follow-up from a prospective trial
Departments of Urology and Pathology, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, CHU Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
BJU Int 111:988-96. 2013
..Predictive markers of such a risk are undefined. In addition to PSA and PSAD, low prostate volume and %fPSA are interesting time-varying risk factors and are relevant in biopsy decision-making...
- [Prostate cancer: interpretation of management guidelines]
Service d Urologie, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, 75010 Paris, France
Rev Prat 63:515-20. 2013
- [Active surveillance for low-risk prostate cancer]
Service d Urologie, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Rev Prat 63:485-8. 2013
..Moreover, due to the slow time evolution of these low-risk cancers, a long-term confirmation of oncological results seems necessary...
- Extraperitoneal robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: a single-center experience beyond the learning curve
Department of Urology, Hospital Henri Mondor, 51 Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010, Creteil, France
World J Urol 31:447-53. 2013
..To report our surgical technique and outcomes after extraperitoneal robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (RALRP)...
- Triptorelin in the management of prostate cancer
Department of Urology and Paris 7 University, APHP, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Future Oncol 9:93-102. 2013
..The new formulation was also well-tolerated, whilst being more convenient for patients. This short review assesses the role of this GnRH agonist in the treatment of prostate cancer...
- Class III beta-tubulin expression predicts prostate tumor aggressiveness and patient response to docetaxel-based chemotherapy
INSERM, Unité 955 Université Paris Est, Faculté de Médecine AP HP, Groupe Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier, Service d Urologie, Département de Pathologie et Centre d Investigations Biomédicales, Creteil, France
Cancer Res 70:9253-64. 2010
..Our findings suggest a role for βIII-tubulin as candidate theranostic biomarker to predict the response to docetaxel-based chemotherapy as well as to target for treatment of docetaxel-resistant CRPC...
- Prostate cancer antigen 3 score accurately predicts tumour volume and might help in selecting prostate cancer patients for active surveillance
Department of Urology, Pathology and Biochemistry, CHU Henri Mondor, APHP, Creteil, France
Eur Urol 59:422-9. 2011
..The optimal selection of prostate cancer (PCa) patients for active surveillance (AS) is currently being debated...
- The contemporary concept of significant versus insignificant prostate cancer
Department of Urology, Saint Louis Hospital, APHP, Paris, France
Eur Urol 60:291-303. 2011
..The clinical relevance of such a definition was based on the fact that low-grade, small-volume, and organ-confined prostate cancer (PCa) may be indolent and unlikely to progress to biologic significance in the absence of treatment...
- The risk of upstaged disease increases with body mass index in low-risk prostate cancer patients eligible for active surveillance
INSERM U955 Eq07 Department of Urology, APHP, CHU Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Eur Urol 61:356-62. 2012
..The impact of body mass index (BMI) on the risk of reclassification and deferred treatment in active surveillance (AS) programs has not been thoroughly assessed...
- Local recurrence after nephron-sparing surgery in von Hippel-Lindau disease
Department of Urology, APHP, Bicetre Hospital, University of Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Urology 70:435-9. 2007
..To evaluate the risks of local recurrence and repeat surgery after nephron-sparing surgery (NSS) in von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) disease to propose a therapeutic strategy to patients...
- [Renal oncocytosis: case report]
Service d Urologie, Universite Paris Sud, CHU le Kremlin Bicetre, AP HP, 78, rue Général Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Prog Urol 19:142-4. 2009
..These forms are most often sporadic or are integrated in the Birt-Hogg-Dube syndrome. We report here the case of a patient suffering from renal oncocytosis responsible for a diffuse renal involvement by numerous oncocytic nodules...
- High-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia and atypical small acinar proliferation on initial 21-core extended biopsy scheme: incidence and implications for patient care and surveillance
Department of Urology APHP, INSERM U955 Eq07, CHU Henri Mondor, 94000 Creteil, France
World J Urol 27:587-92. 2009
- [Pathological findings after radical prostatectomy in men eligible for active surveillance (French trial SURACAP): is the misclassification rate acceptable?]
Service d Urologie, INSERM Unit 955 EQ7, Hopital Henri Mondor, 51, Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil, France
Prog Urol 21:264-9. 2011
..To analyze pathological data of the radical prostatectomy specimen in patients operated for clinically-localized prostate cancer and who meet strict criteria for active surveillance necessary to be included in the French trial SURACAP...
- Pilot trial of adjuvant paclitaxel plus androgen deprivation for patients with high-risk prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy: results on toxicity, side effects and quality-of-life
INSERM U955 Eq07 Department of Urology, APHP, CHU Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 13:97-101. 2010
..This adjuvant combined therapy does not alter quality-of-life and continence recovery after surgery plus ADT. A larger cohort is awaited to determine the oncological outcomes of this strategy...
- [Prostate brachytherapy: indications and outcomes]
Service de cancérologie radiothérapie, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, 1, avenue Claude Vellefeaux, 75475 Paris, France
Prog Urol 23:378-85. 2013
..To summarize the indications and outcomes of low dose-rate prostate brachytherapy with permanent implants...
- [What is the importance of kidney cancer surgery in contrast with targeted therapies?]
CHU Henri Mondor, AP HP, Service d Urologie, INSERM U955 Eq07, Université Paris XII Val de Marne, 51, Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, Creteil, France
Bull Cancer 97:91-6. 2010
- Increased expression of class III beta-tubulin in castration-resistant human prostate cancer
INSERM, Unité 955, Créteil F 94000, France
Br J Cancer 101:951-6. 2009
..Overexpression of betaIII-tubulin in these tumours is associated with an unfavourable outcome and resistance to taxane-based therapies. At present, betaIII-tubulin expression remains largely uncharacterised in prostate cancer...
- [Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy in the elderly (>75 years old): oncological and functional results]
Service d Urologie, Hopital Henri Mondor, AP HP, 51, Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil, France
Prog Urol 20:116-20. 2010
..Prostate cancer incidence increases with age. Radical prostatectomy (RP) seems to be feasible for elderly well-selected patients. We report our experience with patients older than 75 years old who underwent laparoscopic RP...
- Extended biopsy protocol decreases prostate cancer incidence and risk of aggressive disease on repeated biopsies compared with initial standard procedure
INSERM U588 Eq07 Departments of Urology and Pathology, APHP, CHU Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Urol Int 84:147-52. 2010
..To compare prostate cancer detection rates in repeated biopsy depending on the number of cores at initial biopsy...
- Pathological findings and prostate specific antigen outcomes after radical prostatectomy in men eligible for active surveillance--does the risk of misclassification vary according to biopsy criteria?
Departments of Urology and Pathology, CHU Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
J Urol 183:539-44. 2010
..We compared the pathological findings and prostate specific antigen outcome after radical prostatectomy in men eligible for active surveillance according to 3 biopsy inclusion criteria...
- [5 alpha-reductase inhibitors and prostate cancer: a statement of the Committee of Cancerology of the French Association of Urology]
Service d Urologie, CHU de Nancy, Avenue de Bourgogne, 54500 Vandœuvre lès Nancy, France
Prog Urol 22:555-60. 2012
..Two randomised trials and negative conclusion of the FDA about inhibitors of 5 alpha-reductase in prevention of prostate cancer need a revision of the indications of these drugs...
- Pathological findings and prostate-specific antigen outcomes after laparoscopic radical prostatectomy for high-risk prostate cancer
Department of Urology, APHP, CHU Henri Mondor, INSERM U955 Eq07, Creteil, France
BJU Int 106:86-90. 2010
..Therapy (case series) Level of Evidence 4...
- The prognostic significance of bladder neck invasion in prostate cancer: is microscopic involvement truly a T4 disease?
Department of Urology, APHP, CHU Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
BJU Int 105:776-81. 2010
..However, BNI remains strongly associated with adverse pathology and should be regarded as a factor that worsens the prognosis of the underlying tumour stage...
- The effect of prostate-specific antigen screening during the last decade: development of clinicopathological variables independently of the biopsy core number
INSERM U955 Eq07, Department of Urology, APHP, CHU Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
BJU Int 106:1293-7. 2010
..To study the development of stage migration in prostate cancer after controlling for the number of biopsy cores...
- Bladder neck involvement as pT4 disease in prostate cancer: implications for prognosis and patient surveillance
Department of Urology, Hospital Henri Mondor, 51 Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, Creteil, France
Future Oncol 5:803-10. 2009
..However, BNI remains strongly associated with adverse pathology and should be regarded as a factor that worsens the prognosis of the underlying tumor stage...
- Extensive biopsies and transurethral prostate resection in men with previous negative biopsies and high or increasing prostate specific antigen
Institut National en Santé et Recherche Médicale U955 EQ7, Department of Urology, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
J Urol 182:1342-9. 2009
- Analysis of complications from 600 retroperitoneoscopic procedures of the upper urinary tract during the last 10 years
INSERM U841EQ07, Department of Urology, CHU Mondor, 94000, Creteil, France
World J Urol 26:523-30. 2008
..The aim of this study is to review 10 years experience of retroperitoneoscopy procedures...
- Evaluation of combined oncological and functional outcomes after radical prostatectomy: trifecta rate of achieving continence, potency and cancer control--a literature review
INSERM, Unit 955 EQ7, Department of Urology APHP, CHU Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Urology 76:1194-8. 2010
..The preoperative risk (D'Amico) predicted for quality of life outcomes and biochemical recurrence is an aggregate endpoint, the trifecta...
- Oncologic outcome after extraperitoneal laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: midterm follow-up of 1115 procedures
INSERM U955 EQ7, Departments of Urology and Pathology APHP, CHU Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Eur Urol 57:267-72. 2010
..Although the first laparoscopic radical prostatectomy was performed in 1997, few midterm oncologic data have been published for the extraperitoneal procedure...
- [To study the safety and effectiveness of heminephroureterectomy by horizontal lumbar posterior approach for duplicated systems in infants]
Service de chirurgie pédiatrique viscérale, Service de Medecine Nucleaire, Hopital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, Paris, France
Prog Urol 17:992-5. 2007
..To study the safety and effectiveness of heminephroureterectomy by horizontal lumbar posterior approach for duplicated systems in infants...