- Revision strategies in lumbar total disc arthroplasty
Alpesh A Patel
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:1276-83. 2008
..Review of Literature...
- Acute cervical osteomyelitis and prevertebral abscess after routine tonsillectomy
Alpesh A Patel
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Spine J 8:827-30. 2008
..The development of severe infection after tonsillectomy is a very rare but potentially fatal complication that has not been described in the orthopedic, neurosurgical, or spine literature...
- Neurologic deficit following percutaneous vertebral stabilization
Alpesh A Patel
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:1728-34. 2007
..A retrospective review...
- Superiority of multilevel cervical arthroplasty outcomes versus single-level outcomes: 229 consecutive PCM prostheses
St Joseph Hospital Scoliosis and Spine Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:1337-44. 2007
..Class 2 level of evidence: This is a prospective, consecutive series of 229 prosthetic implantations that were concurrently enrolled between single-level versus multilevel cervical arthroplasty comprising an FDA Pilot Study...
- Posterior cervical spine surgery for radiculopathy
K Daniel Riew
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Barnes Jewish Hospital, Washington University, School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Neurosurgery 60:S57-63. 2007
..Indications and results for dorsal nerve root decompression are discussed, and a review of our preferred techniques, including use of minimally invasive technology, is presented...
- Treatment of lumbar spinal stenosis with a total posterior arthroplasty prosthesis: implant description, surgical technique, and a prospective report on 29 patients
St Joseph s Medical Center, Orthopedic Associates, Towson, Maryland, USA
Neurosurg Focus 22:E13. 2007
..The purpose of this study is to report preliminary surgical data and clinical outcomes in patients treated with the TOPS lumbar total posterior arthroplasty system...
- Charité lumbar artificial disc retrieval: use of a lateral minimally invasive technique. Technical note
Department of Minimal Invasive and Reconstructive Spine Surgery, Santa Rita Hospital, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Neurosurg Spine 5:556-61. 2006
..They present the details of two cases of TDR device revision in which they performed a minimally invasive extreme-lateral interbody fusion to effect a safer access route that avoids vascular structures and the creation of scar tissue...
- Porous coated motion cervical disc replacement: a biomechanical, histomorphometric, and biologic wear analysis in a caprine model
Orthopaedic Spinal Research laboratory, Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:1666-73. 2006
..The biomechanical, histopathologic, and histomorphometric characteristics of cervical disc replacement were assessed in a caprine animal model...
- A novel minimally invasive presacral approach and instrumentation technique for anterior L5-S1 intervertebral discectomy and fusion: technical description and case presentations
Division of Neurosurgery, University of California at Los Angeles, California, USA
Neurosurg Focus 20:E9. 2006
..The purpose of this technical note is to demonstrate a novel surgical approach, technique, and instrumentation system for the treatment of L5-S1 instability in degenerative disc disease and spondylolisthesis...
- Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (XLIF): a novel surgical technique for anterior lumbar interbody fusion
Burak M Ozgur
Department of Neurosurgery, University of California, Irvine Medical Center, 101 The City Drive South Bldg 56, Ste 400, Orange, 92868, USA
Spine J 6:435-43. 2006
..A lateral retroperitoneal, trans-psoas approach to the anterior disc space allows for complete discectomy, distraction, and interbody fusion without the need for an approach surgeon...
- Anatomy of the percutaneous presacral space for a novel fusion technique
Philip S Yuan
Memorial Orthopaedic Surgical Group, Long Beach, CA, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 19:237-41. 2006
..The objective was to evaluate the safety of a paracoccygeal approach to the axial lumbosacral spine and determine structures that could potentially be injured...
- Clinical experience with the new artificial cervical PCM (Cervitech) disc
Santa Rita Hospital, Rua Cibatao 1190, Vila Mariana, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Spine J 4:315S-321S. 2004
- Choosing a cervical disc replacement
Helmut D Link
Cervitech Inc, 300 Roundhill Drive, Rockaway NJ 07866, USA
Spine J 4:294S-302S. 2004
..The most solid bone is lateral, adjacent to the uncovertebral joints in a radial pattern...
- Cervical disc replacement-porous coated motion prosthesis: a comparative biomechanical analysis showing the key role of the posterior longitudinal ligament
Paul C McAfee
St Joseph Hospital, Scoliosis and Spine Center, Towson, MD 21204, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:S176-85. 2003
..Benchtop cadaveric biomechanical comparative testing and caprine animal model in vivo implantation...