- Revision strategies in lumbar total disc arthroplasty
Alpesh A Patel
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:1276-83. 2008
..Review of Literature...
- Acute cervical osteomyelitis and prevertebral abscess after routine tonsillectomy
Alpesh A Patel
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Spine J 8:827-30. 2008
..The development of severe infection after tonsillectomy is a very rare but potentially fatal complication that has not been described in the orthopedic, neurosurgical, or spine literature...
- Neurologic deficit following percutaneous vertebral stabilization
Alpesh A Patel
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:1728-34. 2007
..A retrospective review...
- Superiority of multilevel cervical arthroplasty outcomes versus single-level outcomes: 229 consecutive PCM prostheses
St Joseph Hospital Scoliosis and Spine Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:1337-44. 2007
..Class 2 level of evidence: This is a prospective, consecutive series of 229 prosthetic implantations that were concurrently enrolled between single-level versus multilevel cervical arthroplasty comprising an FDA Pilot Study...
- Posterior cervical spine surgery for radiculopathy
K Daniel Riew
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Barnes Jewish Hospital, Washington University, School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Neurosurgery 60:S57-63. 2007
..Indications and results for dorsal nerve root decompression are discussed, and a review of our preferred techniques, including use of minimally invasive technology, is presented...
- Treatment of lumbar spinal stenosis with a total posterior arthroplasty prosthesis: implant description, surgical technique, and a prospective report on 29 patients
St Joseph s Medical Center, Orthopedic Associates, Towson, Maryland, USA
Neurosurg Focus 22:E13. 2007
..The purpose of this study is to report preliminary surgical data and clinical outcomes in patients treated with the TOPS lumbar total posterior arthroplasty system...
- Charité lumbar artificial disc retrieval: use of a lateral minimally invasive technique. Technical note
Department of Minimal Invasive and Reconstructive Spine Surgery, Santa Rita Hospital, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Neurosurg Spine 5:556-61. 2006
..They present the details of two cases of TDR device revision in which they performed a minimally invasive extreme-lateral interbody fusion to effect a safer access route that avoids vascular structures and the creation of scar tissue...
- Porous coated motion cervical disc replacement: a biomechanical, histomorphometric, and biologic wear analysis in a caprine model
Orthopaedic Spinal Research laboratory, Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:1666-73. 2006
..The biomechanical, histopathologic, and histomorphometric characteristics of cervical disc replacement were assessed in a caprine animal model...
- A novel minimally invasive presacral approach and instrumentation technique for anterior L5-S1 intervertebral discectomy and fusion: technical description and case presentations
Division of Neurosurgery, University of California at Los Angeles, California, USA
Neurosurg Focus 20:E9. 2006
..The purpose of this technical note is to demonstrate a novel surgical approach, technique, and instrumentation system for the treatment of L5-S1 instability in degenerative disc disease and spondylolisthesis...
- Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (XLIF): a novel surgical technique for anterior lumbar interbody fusion
Burak M Ozgur
Department of Neurosurgery, University of California, Irvine Medical Center, 101 The City Drive South Bldg 56, Ste 400, Orange, 92868, USA
Spine J 6:435-43. 2006
..A lateral retroperitoneal, trans-psoas approach to the anterior disc space allows for complete discectomy, distraction, and interbody fusion without the need for an approach surgeon...
- Anatomy of the percutaneous presacral space for a novel fusion technique
Philip S Yuan
Memorial Orthopaedic Surgical Group, Long Beach, CA, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 19:237-41. 2006
..The objective was to evaluate the safety of a paracoccygeal approach to the axial lumbosacral spine and determine structures that could potentially be injured...
- Clinical experience with the new artificial cervical PCM (Cervitech) disc
Santa Rita Hospital, Rua Cibatao 1190, Vila Mariana, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Spine J 4:315S-321S. 2004
- Choosing a cervical disc replacement
Helmut D Link
Cervitech Inc, 300 Roundhill Drive, Rockaway NJ 07866, USA
Spine J 4:294S-302S. 2004
..Three important basic scientific studies are presented that measured the volumetric density of longitudinal bony columns within the cervical vertebra. The most solid bone is lateral, adjacent to the uncovertebral joints in a radial pattern...
- Cervical disc replacement-porous coated motion prosthesis: a comparative biomechanical analysis showing the key role of the posterior longitudinal ligament
Paul C McAfee
St Joseph Hospital, Scoliosis and Spine Center, Towson, MD 21204, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:S176-85. 2003
..Benchtop cadaveric biomechanical comparative testing and caprine animal model in vivo implantation...