- Loci identified by genome-wide association studies influence different disease-related phenotypes in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Sreekumar G Pillai
GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:1498-505. 2010
- A genome-wide association study in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): identification of two major susceptibility loci
Sreekumar G Pillai
Genetics Division, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
PLoS Genet 5:e1000421. 2009
..1371/journal.pgen.1000429). The CHRNA 3/5 and the HHIP loci make a significant contribution to the risk of COPD. CHRNA3/5 is the same locus that has been implicated in the risk of lung cancer...
- Association of TRPV4 gene polymorphisms with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Genetics, GlaxoSmithKline R and D, 5 Moore Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:2053-62. 2009
..02 < or = P < or = 0.03). Significant haplotype associations supported the results of single SNP analyses. Thus, polymorphisms in the TRPV4 gene are associated with COPD...
- Genome-wide association study identifies BICD1 as a susceptibility gene for emphysema
Research and Development, GlaxoSmithKline, 709 Swedeland Road, UW2230, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 183:43-9. 2011
..Pulmonary emphysema is a major but variable component of COPD; familial data suggest that different components of COPD, such as emphysema, may be influenced by specific genetic factors...
- Interleukin 18 receptor 1 gene polymorphisms are associated with asthma
Genetics, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Eur J Hum Genet 16:1083-90. 2008
..Three intronic SNPs (rs1420099, rs1362348 and rs1974675) showed replicated association for at least one asthma-related phenotype. These results demonstrate significant association between polymorphisms in IL18R1 and asthma...
- The SERPINE2 gene is associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in two large populations
GlaxoSmithKline R and D, 5 Moore Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:167-73. 2007
- Pharmacogenetics of the 5-lipoxygenase biosynthetic pathway and variable clinical response to montelukast
GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709 3398, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:189-96. 2007
..Genetic variability in 5-lipoxygenase biosynthetic and receptor pathway gene loci may influence cysteinyl-leukotriene production and subsequent response to leukotriene modifiers...