- Adaptive filtering and random variables coefficient for analyzing functional magnetic resonance imaging data
Department of Energy and Systems Engineering, University of Pisa, Largo Lucio Lazzarino, Pisa, 56122, Italy
Int J Neural Syst 23:1350011. 2013
..non-neural regions. As a result, adaptive filtering plus RV coefficient showed a greater suppression of PN and higher connectivity in neural regions, representing a novel effective approach to analyze fMRI data...
- Lower energy expenditure predicts long-term increases in weight and fat mass
PhD, Postdoctorate Researcher, Phoenix Epidemiology and Clinical Research Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Obesity and Diabetes Clinical Research Section, Phoenix, Arizona 85016
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:E703-7. 2013
..018, P = .853). Conclusions: Measures of energy expenditure and substrate oxidation are predictors of long-term weight change, indicating a small but significant role for reduced metabolic rate in weight gain...
- Artificial neural networks in the outcome prediction of adjustable gastric banding in obese women
Department of Electrical Systems and Automation, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
PLoS ONE 5:e13624. 2010
- Rehabilitative orbital decompression for Graves' orbitopathy: risk factors influencing the new onset of diplopia in primary gaze, outcome, and patients' satisfaction
Unit of Endocrinology, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Thyroid 22:1170-5. 2012
..Moreover, we investigated the results in terms of proptosis reduction, and the long-term subjective satisfaction of patients treated with OD with regard to their appearance and ocular function...
- Patients with differentiated thyroid cancer who underwent radioiodine thyroid remnant ablation with low-activity 131I after either recombinant human TSH or thyroid hormone therapy withdrawal showed the same outcome after a 10-year follow-up
Unit of Endocrinology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, World Health Organization Collaborating Center for the Study and Treatment of Thyroid Diseases and Other Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders, University of Pisa, 56100 Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:2693-700. 2013
..No long-term follow-up data are available for differentiated thyroid carcinoma (DTC) patients prepared with either exogenous or endogenous TSH and treated with low-activity (1.1 GBq [30 mCi]) radioiodine ((131)I)...
- Serum insulin-like growth factor-1 concentrations are reduced in severely obese women and raise after weight loss induced by laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding
Endocrinology Unit, University Hospital of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Obes Surg 22:1276-80. 2012
..Obesity is associated with abnormalities of the growth hormone/insulin-like growth factor-1 (GH/IGF-1) axis. The role of serum IGF-1 measurement for recognition of hypothalamic-pituitary diseases in obesity is still a matter of debate...
- The BRAF(V600E) mutation is an independent, poor prognostic factor for the outcome of patients with low-risk intrathyroid papillary thyroid carcinoma: single-institution results from a large cohort study
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:4390-8. 2012
..The aim of this study was to evaluate its prognostic significance in a large cohort of low-risk intrathyroid PTC...
- Prevalence of left ventricular hypertrophy and determinants of left ventricular mass in obese women
Obesity Centre at the Endocrinology Unit, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
High Blood Press Cardiovasc Prev 19:33-9. 2012
..Obesity is frequently associated with left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH), a condition leading to an increased cardiovascular risk...
- Iodine fortification of vegetables improves human iodine nutrition: in vivo evidence for a new model of iodine prophylaxis
Dipartimento Medicina Clinica e Sperimentale, Sezione di Endocrinologia, Universita di Pisa, Via Paradisa 2, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:E694-7. 2013
- Lymphocytic thyroiditis on histology correlates with serum thyroglobulin autoantibodies in patients with papillary thyroid carcinoma: impact on detection of serum thyroglobulin
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital of Pisa, Via Cisanello 2, 56124, Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:2380-7. 2012
..TgAb are due to a coexistent lymphocytic thyroiditis (LT) or the papillary thyroid carcinoma per se. TgAb assays are highly discordant...