- Time changes in predictive power of established and recently proposed clinical, cytogenetical and comorbidity scores for Myelodysplastic Syndromes
3rd Med Department, Hanusch Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Leuk Res 36:132-9. 2012
..A systematic analysis of the possible variability of predictive power over time in different scores is still lacking and was the aim of this study...
- The role of epigenetics in the regulation of apoptosis in myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukemia
Ludwig Boltzmann Cluster Oncology, Vienna, Austria Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Leukemia Research and Hematology, Hanusch Hospital, Vienna, Austria Electronic address
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 90:1-16. 2014
..Thus, promoter-demethylation of FAS and DAPK1 represents a critical mechanism of drug-induced apoptosis in neoplastic cells in MDS and AML which underscores the clinical implication of epigenetically active therapies. ..
- Does mRNA level of microsomal carnitine palmitoyltransferase predict yield of peripheral blood stem cell apheresis?
3rd Department of Medicine, Hanusch Hospital, H Collinstrasse 30, 1140 Vienna, Austria
Ann Hematol 85:386-93. 2006
..This gives evidence for a possible predictive value of such analyzes though further data of a larger sample are to be collected to confirm our observations...
- Proposed score for survival of patients with myelodysplastic syndromes
Wolfgang R Sperr
Division of Hematology and Hemostaseology, Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Clin Invest 43:1120-8. 2013
..However, most established risk scores include mainly disease-related parameters and thus focus on leukaemia-transformation rather than survival...
- Meeting report: Vienna 2008 Workshop of the German-Austrian Working Group for Studying Prognostic Factors in Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Department of Internal Medicine I, Division of Hematology and Hemostaseology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Ann Hematol 88:607-11. 2009
..The current article represents a meeting report from the latest workshop organized by the group in Vienna in October 2008...
- Myelodysplastic syndromes, aging, and age: correlations, common mechanisms, and clinical implications
Hanusch Hospital, 3rd Medical Department, Vienna, Austria
Leuk Lymphoma 48:1900-9. 2007
..In addition, the present review discusses age as an important prognostic factor and co-variable to be considered in treatment algorithms in MDS...
- Preanalytic removal of human DNA eliminates false signals in general 16S rDNA PCR monitoring of bacterial pathogens in blood
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Leukemia Research and Hematology, Vienna, Austria
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 32:207-19. 2009
..Thus, the BFEM contributes to the generation of replicable and more reliable data in general 16S rDNA PCR assays...