- Competency-based curricula to transform global health: redesign with the end in mind
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7965, USA
Acad Med 88:131-6. 2013
..To define the education and training priorities for a new 21st-century, competency-based, global health curriculum for the University of Washington's Department of Global Health (DGH)...
- An assessment of the accuracy and availability of data in electronic patient tracking systems for patients receiving HIV treatment in central Mozambique
Barrot H Lambdin
Pangaea Global AIDS Foundation, Oakland, CA, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 12:30. 2012
..We assessed the completeness and reliability of EPTS used in 16 HIV care and treatment clinics in Manica and Sofala provinces of Mozambique...
- Brain drain and health workforce distortions in Mozambique
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e35840. 2012
- The role of nonphysician clinicians in the rapid expansion of HIV care in Mozambique
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 52:S20-3. 2009
..Because the NPC-driven ART approach is integrated into primary health care, the addition of new clinical staff also promises to improve general health services...
- An assessment of routine primary care health information system data quality in Sofala Province, Mozambique
Department of Global Health, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Popul Health Metr 9:12. 2011
- Integration of HIV/AIDS services into African primary health care: lessons learned for health system strengthening in Mozambique - a case study
University of Washington Department of Global Health, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, 98104, USA
J Int AIDS Soc 13:3. 2010
..The MOH worked closely with a number of NGOs to integrate HIV programs more effectively into existing public-sector PHC services...
- Loss to follow-up of adults in public HIV care systems in central Mozambique: identifying obstacles to treatment
Mark A Micek
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 09195, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 52:397-405. 2009
..Access to antiretroviral treatment (ART) has expanded dramatically in resource-limited settings. Evaluating loss to follow-up from HIV testing through post-ART care can help identify obstacles to care...
- Quality of HIV care provided by non-physician clinicians and physicians in Mozambique: a retrospective cohort study
Kenneth H Sherr
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
AIDS 24:S59-66. 2010
..To compare HIV care quality provided by non-physician clinicians (NPC) and physicians...
- Pentecostalism and AIDS treatment in Mozambique: creating new approaches to HIV prevention through anti-retroviral therapy
Department of Global Health Department of Health Services, School of Public Health, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Glob Public Health 6:S163-73. 2011
..Expanded treatment may be the key to successful prevention as advocates of a comprehensive approach to the epidemic have long argued...
- Strengthening health systems in poor countries: a code of conduct for nongovernmental organizations
Department of Health Services, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7660, USA
Am J Public Health 98:2134-40. 2008
..We argue for a return to a public focus for donor aid, and for NGOs to adopt a code of conduct that establishes standards and best practices for NGO relationships with public sector health systems...