- Prognostic value of cell cycle regulator molecules in surgically resected stage I and II breast cancer
Maria Giselle Peters
Area Investigacion, Instituto de Oncologia Angel H Roffo, C1417DTB Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oncol Rep 12:1143-50. 2004
..We demonstrated that several regulators of cell cycle progression were altered in a large number of breast tumor cases, however, these abnormalities were not indicators of a worse outcome in breast cancer patients of stages I and II...
- Effects of antiprogestins RU486 and ZK98299 on the expression of cell cycle proteins of a medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA)-induced murine mammary tumor
M G Peters
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oncol Rep 8:445-9. 2001
..Cyclin D1, cyclin E, CDK2 and CDK4, did not change during treatment. These results suggest that p21 might play a role in early inhibitory stages of tumor growth induced by RU486 and ZK98299...
- Glypican-3 reexpression regulates apoptosis in murine adenocarcinoma mammary cells modulating PI3K/Akt and p38MAPK signaling pathways
Cell Biology Department, Research Area, Institute of Oncology Angel H Roffo, University of Buenos Aires, Av San Martin 5481, C1417DTB Buenos Aires, Argentina
Breast Cancer Res Treat 119:559-74. 2010
..Our results provide new clues regarding the mechanism involved in the modulation induced by GPC3 of mammary tumor cell growth and survival...
- Progestin-induced caveolin-1 expression mediates breast cancer cell proliferation
Laboratory of Molecular Mechanisms of Carcinogenesis, Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oncogene 25:7723-39. 2006
..We also demonstrated that caveolin-1 is a downstream effector of MPA that is partially responsible for the stimulation of growth of breast cancer cells...
- Metastasis suppressors: basic and translational advances
Research Area Institute of Oncology Angel H Roffo, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 12:1948-60. 2011
..As a consequence, they are very important therapeutic targets. This review discusses our current understanding of metastasis suppressors and how this knowledge might be useful to improve the treatment of cancer patients...
- Inhibition of invasion and metastasis by glypican-3 in a syngeneic breast cancer model
M G Peters
Research Area, Cell Biology Department, Institute of Oncology Angel H Roffo, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Breast Cancer Res Treat 80:221-32. 2003
..Contrarily, GPC3 expression prevented the increase of MMP-2 activity induced by IGF-II. Our results suggest that GPC3 has a protective role against mammary cancer progression...