- The American Heart Association's recent scientific statement on cardiac critical care: implications for pediatric practice
Daniel J Penny
Division of Cardiology, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 8:3-19. 2013
..In this document, we have examined The Statement and applied its framework to the evolving field of pediatric cardiac critical care...
- Ventricular septal defect
Daniel J Penny
Department of Cardiology, Royal Children s Hospital, and Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Lancet 377:1103-12. 2011
..We present some longer term considerations of ventricular septal defects in adolescents and adults, with particular emphasis on patients with raised pulmonary vascular resistance and Eisenmenger's syndrome...
- Respiratory syncytial virus immunoprophylaxis in high-risk infants with heart disease
Peta M A Alexander
Department of Cardiology, The Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 48:395-401. 2012
..Passive immunisation with palivizumab is recommended in many countries for children with haemodynamically significant cardiac disease. We trialled respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) immunoprophylaxis in such infants during 2008–2009...
- Rotating inotrope therapy in a pediatric population with decompensated heart failure
Lindsay M Ryerson
Intensive Care Unit Registrar, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Pediatr Crit Care Med 12:57-60. 2011
..To describe the clinical course of a group of patients who received a rotating inotrope regimen, including levosimendan, for decompensated congestive heart failure...
- Amplitude-integrated electroencephalography and brain injury in infants undergoing Norwood-type operations
Julia K Gunn
Department of Neonatal Medicine, The Royal Children s Hospital, Murdoch Children s Research Institute, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Ann Thorac Surg 93:170-6. 2012
- Cerebral and somatic oxygen saturations after repair of tetralogy of Fallot: effects of extubation on regional blood flow
Ronald A Bronicki
Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77037, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 95:682-6. 2013
..What has not been evaluated is the effect of extubation and loading of the respiratory muscles on the distribution of cardiac output after repair of tetralogy of Fallot...