- Positron emission tomography in the diagnostic pathway for intracystic infection in adpkd and "cystic" kidneys. a case series
Giorgina B Piccoli
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences of the University of Turin, San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital, Regione Gonzole 10, Orbassano TO, 10043 Italy
BMC Nephrol 12:48. 2011
..The aim of the study was to report on the role of FDG-PET in the work-up of 10 cases of suspected cystic infections, affected by ADPKD or with multiple kidney cysts...
- Prognostic role of the PET parameter maximum standardized uptake value in non small cell lung cancer: analysis in tumour of diameter ≥ and <25 mm
PET Centre IRMET S p A, Turin, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 55:72-80. 2011
- Role of whole-body 18F-choline PET/CT in disease detection in patients with biochemical relapse after radical treatment for prostate cancer
PET Center IRMET SpA, Via Onorato Vigliani 89 A, Turin, Italy
Radiol Med 113:895-904. 2008
- Role of whole-body [18F] fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography (FDG-PET/CT) and conventional techniques in the staging of patients with Hodgkin and aggressive non Hodgkin lymphoma
SCDU Medicina Nucleare, ASO S Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy
Radiol Med 113:578-90. 2008
..e. contrast-enhanced CT and bone marrow biopsy...
- Bone marrow disease detection with FDG-PET/CT and bone marrow biopsy during the staging of malignant lymphoma: results from a large multicentre study
PET Centre, IRMET SpA, Turin, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 55:469-75. 2011
..To compare the accuracy of bone marrow biopsy (BMb) and positron emission tomography (PET) in bone marrow disease (BMD) detection, in a large multicentre population of patients with new diagnosis of malignant lymphoma...
- Role of integrated PET/CT with [¹⁸F]-FDG in the management of patients with fever of unknown origin: a single-centre experience
Centro PET, IRMET SpA, Via Onorato Vigliani 89 A, 10138, Torino, Italy
Radiol Med 116:809-20. 2011
..The aim of our work was to evaluate the role of [(18)F]-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography computed tomography ([¹⁸F]-FDG-PET/CT) in managing patients with classical FUO...
- Pre-operative lymphatic mapping and intra-operative sentinel lymph node detection in early stage endometrial cancer
Servizio di Medicina Nucleare Universitaria, Ospedale S Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy
Nucl Med Commun 24:971-5. 2003
..The status of the latter may yield a correct representation of pelvic lymph node involvement, providing important information for further treatment...
- FDG-PET in the detection of bone marrow disease in Hodgkin's disease and aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and its impact on clinical management
Unit of Nuclear Medicine, S Giovanni Battista Hospital, Turin, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 52:9-16. 2008
- Lymphatic mapping in early stage breast cancer: comparison between periareolar and subdermal injection
Servizio di Medicina Nucleare Universitario, Ospedale S Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy
Nucl Med Commun 24:519-23. 2003
..The concordance rate was 92%. In the present study p.a. and s.d. injection of blue dye give similar and comparable results. The periareolar technique is simpler and has several advantages over the subdermal technique...
- Preliminary study of sentinel node identification with 99mTc colloid and blue dye in patients with endometrial cancer
Servizio de Medicina Nucleare Universitaria, Ospedale S Giovanni Batista, Turin, Italy
Tumori 88:S9-10. 2002
..A 350 mm laparoscopic gamma scintyprobe MR 100 type 11, 99mTc settled (Pol Hi Tech), was used intraoperatively for SLN detection...
- Role of whole body positron emission tomography/computed tomography scan with 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose in patients with biopsy proven tumor metastases from unknown primary site
University Nuclear Medicine Service, ASO S Giovanni Battista, Turin, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 50:15-22. 2006
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the role of whole body PET/CT scan with (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) in the detection of the primary tumor in patients with metastatic cancer from unknown primary origin (CUP syndrome)...
- Radiolabeled localization of the sentinel lymph node: dosimetric evaluation in personnel involved in the procedure
Servizio Universitario de Medicina Nucleare, Azienda Ospedaliera San Giovanni Battista, Turin, Italy
Tumori 88:S7-8. 2002
- Dual-phase FDG-PET: delayed acquisition improves hepatic detectability of pathological uptake
Centro PET, IRMET S p A, Via Onorato Vigliani, 89 A, 10135, Torino, Italy
Radiol Med 113:875-86. 2008
..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether the acquisition of delayed images could improve the detectability of liver pathological uptakes...
- PET in the clinical work-up of patients with spondylodiscitis: a new tool for the clinician?
IRMET PET Centre, Euromedic, Turin, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 56:569-76. 2012
..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the usefulness of PET in the diagnostic work-up of patients with spondylodiscitis and to compare it with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Feasibility of the sentinel node biopsy in anal cancer
Surgical and Oncological Department, University of Turin, Molinette Hospital, Turin, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 53:3-8. 2009
- The role of 18F-fluoro-deoxy-glucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) in the management of patients with colorectal cancer
Centro PET, IRMET S p A, Torino, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:1-6. 2007
..The aim of this paper is to review the scientific literature available about the role of FDG-PET in the management of patients with colorectal cancer...
- Sentinel node detection in breast carcinoma
Servizio de Medicina Nucleare Universitario, Ospedale S Giovanni Battista, Turin, Italy
Tumori 88:S10-1. 2002
..However, about 70% of patients are found to be free of metastatic disease while axillary node dissection may cause significant morbidity. Lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymph node (SLN) biopsy are changing this situation...
- PET/CT in diagnostic oncology
IBFM CNR, University of Milano Bicocca, Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 48:66-75. 2004