- Did TCDD exposure or service in Southeast Asia increase the risk of cancer in air force Vietnam veterans who did not spray agent orange?
From SpecPro, Inc, San Antonio, Texas, USA
J Occup Environ Med 47:335-42. 2005
..We sought to examine cancer incidence in 1482 Air Force veterans who served in Southeast Asia (SEA) and who were not occupationally exposed to herbicides...
- Prostate cancer in US Air Force veterans of the Vietnam war
SpecPro Inc, San Antonio, Texas 78216, USA
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 16:184-90. 2006
..These analyses suggest that a longer service in SEA and exposures other than TCDD may have increased the risk of prostate cancer in Comparison veterans...
- Polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDDs), polychlorinated dibenzofurans (PCDFs), and dioxin-like polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in the serum of US Air Force veterans in 2002
SpecPro Inc, 12500 San Pedro Avenue, Suite 670, San Antonio, TX 78216, USA
Chemosphere 68:62-8. 2007
..6 pg/g lipid and 22.8 pg/g lipid, respectively. This was mainly due to changes of TEFs for the group of mono-ortho PCBs, which decreased the mono-ortho PCBs TEQs by almost 90% in both Ranch Hands and Comparisons...
- Serum concentrations of TCDD and other dioxin-like compounds in US Air Force veterans of Operation Ranch Hand
SpecPro Inc, San Antonio, TX, USA Division of Toxicology and Human Health Sciences, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, 4770 Buford Highway, Mailstop F 58, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA Electronic address
Chemosphere 102:18-23. 2014
..These findings support the assumption that the Ranch Hand veterans were not more highly exposed to dioxin-like compounds other than TCDD than were Comparison veterans or the general US population...
- Dioxin, dibenzofuran, and polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) levels in food from Agent Orange-sprayed and nonsprayed areas of Laos
University of Texas Health Science Center, School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 66:2165-86. 2003
..In general, elevated TCDD levels were not found in Laotian food samples. It is possible that dioxin-contaminated areas, or "hot spots," exist in Laos as they do in Vietnam, although they have not yet been identified...
- Food as a source of dioxin exposure in the residents of Bien Hoa City, Vietnam
University of Texas Houston School of Public Health, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Occup Environ Med 45:781-8. 2003
..However, when elevated, TCDD frequently contributed most of the TEQ. Thirty-six congeners from 7 classes of chemicals were measured in each of the 16 specimens providing a total of 576 congener levels...
- Are Vietnamese food exports contaminated with dioxin from Agent Orange?
University of Texas Houston School of Public Health, Dallas Campus, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 66:1391-404. 2003
..Further food sampling from areas of heavy Agent Orange spraying in Vietnam is warranted to map out where the source of TCDD contamination of food may be originating...
- Serum 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) levels and thyroid function in Air Force veterans of the Vietnam War
The University of Texas at Houston School of Public Health in Dallas, Dallas, TX 95390, USA
Ann Epidemiol 13:335-43. 2003
..Other Air Force veterans who were not involved with spraying herbicides were included as Comparisons...
- Diabetes and cancer in veterans of Operation Ranch Hand after adjustment for calendar period, days of spraying, and time spent in Southeast Asia
Joel E Michalek
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Occup Environ Med 50:330-40. 2008
..The Air Force Health Study was launched in 1980 as part of a Federal effort to resolve the Agent Orange issue...
- Dioxin, dibenzofuran, and coplanar PCB levels in Laotian blood and milk from agent orange-sprayed and nonsprayed areas, 2001
University of Texas Health Science Center, School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 66:2067-75. 2003
..The chemically and toxicologically related non-ortho PCBs were measured but were found at low levels compared to specimens from other countries, presumably because of less industrialization and industrial pollution in Laos...
- Anthropometric and metabolic factors and risk of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a prospective cohort study of Air Force veterans
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9110, USA
Urology 68:1198-205. 2006
..We investigated the associations of BPH with anthropometric and metabolic parameters in this prospective study of Vietnam War veterans...
- Mortality, length of life, and physical examination attendance in participants of the Air Force Health Study
Norma S Ketchum
Air Force Research Laboratory, 8315 Hawks Road, Building 1168, Brooks City Base, TX 78235 5368, USA
Mil Med 172:53-7. 2007
..No evidence was found to suggest that attending physical examinations decreased mortality or substantially lengthened life in AFHS participants...
- A follow-up: high level of dioxin contamination in Vietnamese from agent orange, three decades after the end of spraying
J Occup Environ Med 44:218-20. 2002