- Validation of the Spanish version of the Borderline Symptom List, short form (BSL-23)
Servicio de Psiquiatria, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Avda Sant Antoni Mª Claret 167, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Psychiatry 13:139. 2013
..The psychometric properties of the original version have proven to be adequate. The aim of the present study was to validate the Spanish language version of the BSL-23...
- A naturalistic study of changes in pharmacological prescription for borderline personality disorder in clinical practice: from APA to NICE guidelines
Juan C Pascual
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona UAB, Barcelona and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, CIBERSAM, Barcelona, Spain
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 25:349-55. 2010
..Comorbidity with Axis I disorders was the main factor associated with drug prescription. Drug prescription and polypharmacy are common in the management of BPD in clinical practice...
- Effects of the dialectical behavioral therapy-mindfulness module on attention in patients with borderline personality disorder
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, St Antoni Mª Claret 167, 08025, Barcelona, Spain
Behav Res Ther 50:150-7. 2012
..This is probably the first study so far assessing the effects of this single DBT module in patients with BPD. The results suggest a positive effect of such intervention on attention and impulsivity variables...
- [Slow processing in borderline personality disorder: the emotional Stroop paradigm]
Maria J Portella
Instituto de Investigacion, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental CIBERSAM, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 39:356-62. 2011
..The aim of this study was to determine the emotional bias in patients with BPD by means of an emotional Stroop paradigm...
- Axis II comorbidity in borderline personality disorder is influenced by sex, age, and clinical severity
Centre de Psicoterapia de Barcelona Serveis Salut Mental CPB SSM, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Compr Psychiatry 52:725-30. 2011
..These findings suggest that comorbidity with other axis II disorders and sex, age, and severity should be taken into account when developing treatment strategies and determining the prognosis of BPD...
- Physiological responses induced by emotion-eliciting films
Department of Psychiatry, Santa Creu i Sant Pau Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 37:73-9. 2012
..The findings suggest that physiological activation would be more easily induced by emotion-eliciting films that tap into emotions with higher subjective arousal such as anger and fear...
- Psychometric proprieties of Spanish version of Mindful Attention Awareness Scale (MAAS)
Psychiatry Service de Psiquiatría, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 40:19-26. 2012
..MAAS can be briefly administered and enables us to measure the individual's frequency of mindfulness states in daily life and can be used both on clinical research and healthy subjects...
- Hospitalization and pharmacotherapy for borderline personality disorder in a psychiatric emergency service
Juan C Pascual
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatr Serv 58:1199-204. 2007
..This study aimed to determine factors associated with hospitalization and decisions to prescribe psychotropic medication for patients with borderline personality disorder seeking care at psychiatric emergency units...