Affiliation: D Clinarch
Location: Jaipur, India
Innovator of Index of Central Obesity & Parikhs Formula to calculate expected date of delivery
- Perception of various stakeholders regarding clinical drug trial industry in IndiaRakesh M Parikh
Principal Investigator, Unnati Tower, Vidhyadhar Nagar, Jaipur, India
Perspect Clin Res 2:86-9. 2011..Though India has been thought to be an ideal destination for conduct of clinical drug trials, other smaller countries seem to be doing better. The pace of growth observed during 2005-2009 seems to be plateaued in 2010...
- Consensus statement for diagnosis of obesity, abdominal obesity and the metabolic syndrome for Asian Indians and recommendations for physical activity, medical and surgical managementA Misra
Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Fortis Flt Lt Rajan Dhall Hospital, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
J Assoc Physicians India 57:163-70. 2009..Till that time, these should be used by clinicians, researchers and policymakers dealing with obesity and related diseases...
- Insulin--history, biochemistry, physiology and pharmacologyShashank R Joshi
Dept of Endocrinology, Seth GS Medical College and KEM and Lilavati Hospitals, Mumbai
J Assoc Physicians India 55:19-25. 2007
- India--diabetes capital of the world: now heading towards hypertensionShashank R Joshi
J Assoc Physicians India 55:323-4. 2007
- Index of central obesity - A novel parameterRakesh M Parikh
Department of Endocrinology, Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, DEXA Room, 9th Floor, New Building, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, India
Med Hypotheses 68:1272-5. 2007..557 vs 0.645). ICO has a potential to be a better parameter of central obesity. It may obviate the need for numerous WC cutoffs and may even be applicable to children where existing parameters are not useful...
- Parikh's formula to minimize errors in calculating expected date of deliveryRakesh M Parikh
Med Hypotheses 68:928. 2007
- Family history and pedigree charting--a simple genetic tool for Indian diabeticsShashank R Joshi
J Assoc Physicians India 54:437-9. 2006
- Trend of clinical drug trials in type 2 diabetes mellitus over last decadeRakesh Parikh
D Clinarch, Unnati Tower, Vidhyadhar Nagar, Jaipur, India
Perspect Clin Res 2:64-6. 2011..A number of new drugs have been recently available and has lead to a boom in the clinical drug trial industry. We intend to evaluate the trend of clinical drug trials in Type 2 DM over last one decade...
- Changing definitions of metabolic syndromeRakesh M Parikh
Department of Diabetology, S K Soni Hospital and D Clinic, Jaipur, India
Indian J Endocrinol Metab 16:7-12. 2012..A few important definitions are reviewed in this paper and, at the end, a simplified clinical definition is given and a simple parameter - lipid accumulation product - is been described that can be used to identify this condition...
- Should waist circumference be replaced by index of central obesity (ICO) in definition of metabolic syndrome?R Parikh
D Clinarch, Jaipur, India
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 28:3-5. 2012..In another study from National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey database, replacing index of central obesity with waist circumference was found to enhance the specificity and sensitivity of definition of metabolic syndrome...
- Intensive glycemic control in diabetic pregnancy with intrauterine growth restriction is detrimental to fetusRakesh M Parikh
Department of Endocrinology, Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, India
Med Hypotheses 69:203-5. 2007..Neonatal metabolic complications can be avoided by strict glycemic control during last two weeks of pregnancy...
- Index of central obesity is better than waist circumference in defining metabolic syndromeRakesh M Parikh
Department of Diabetology and Metabolic Medicine, S K Soni Hospital, Jaipur, India
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 7:525-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to test the utility of ICO in defining metabolic syndrome...