W M Dankner
Affiliation: PAREXEL International
- Correlates of opportunistic infections in children infected with the human immunodeficiency virus managed before highly active antiretroviral therapyW M Dankner
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 20:40-8. 2001....
- A controlled trial of intravenous immune globulin for the prevention of serious bacterial infections in children receiving zidovudine for advanced human immunodeficiency virus infection. Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials GroupS A Spector
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0672
N Engl J Med 331:1181-7. 1994..However, this benefit is apparent only in children who are not receiving trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole as prophylaxis...
- Nosocomial transmission of Mycobacterium bovis bacille Calmette-Guerin to children receiving cancer therapy and to their health care providersN J Waecker
Clinical Investigation Department, Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92134, USA
Clin Infect Dis 30:356-62. 2000..These data underscore the risk of nosocomial BCG transmission by contamination of chemotherapy solutions and demonstrate the potential for transmission to HCWs from patients with active pulmonary disease...
- Group-specific antibody levels surrounding invasive pneumococcal illness in children infected with human immunodeficiency virusJ C King
Department of Pediatrics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Infect Dis 181:1817-21. 2000..Heterologous, noninfecting group seroresponses were detected frequently (72%) in the paired serum samples from these 4 homologous group seroresponders...
- Mycobacterium bovis as a significant cause of tuberculosis in children residing along the United States-Mexico border in the Baja California regionW M Dankner
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California 92103, USA
Pediatrics 105:E79. 2000..To determine the role of Mycobacterium bovis in active pediatric tuberculosis (TB) in a United States-Mexico border region...