- Control of cryptosporidiosis in neonatal goat kids: efficacy of a product containing activated charcoal and wood vinegar liquid (Obionekk®) in field conditions
Anses Laboratoire de Niort, 60 rue de Pied de Fond, BP 3081, 79012 Niort Cedex, France
Vet Parasitol 180:354-7. 2011
..These results demonstrated the efficacy of Obionekk(®) in preventing cryptosporidiosis in goat kids in field conditions...
- Administration of the nematophagous fungus Duddingtonia flagrans to goats: an evaluation of the impact of this fungus on the degradation of faeces and on free-living soil nematodes
Agence Nationale de Sécurité Sanitaire, Laboratoire de Niort, Niort, France
J Helminthol 86:95-103. 2012
..5 × 10(6) chlamydospores/kg BW, while a reduction of the number of free-living nematodes was seen for the maximal chlamydospore concentration at autumn sets...
- Impact of the nematophagous fungus Duddingtonia flagrans on Muellerius capillaris larvae in goat faeces
AFSSA Site de Niort, Laboratoire d Etudes et de Recherches Caprines, 60 rue de Pied de Fond, BP 3081, 79012 Niort Cedex, France
Vet Parasitol 131:71-8. 2005
..flagrans was unable to trap or to alter the infectivity of M. capillaris first-stage larvae and thus cannot be considered as a non-chemotherapeutic alternative approach to the control of the small lungworm in goats...
- Efficiency of feeding Duddingtonia flagrans chlamydospores to control nematode parasites of first-season grazing goats in France
AFSSA Site de Niort, Laboratoire d Etudes et de Recherches Caprines, Niort, France
Vet Res Commun 31:305-15. 2007
..In contrast, in 2004, the kids receiving the spores showed lower faecal egg counts and pepsinogen levels at the end of the season and higher growth rate compared to kids of the control group...
- Evaluation of oral tilmicosin efficacy against severe cryptosporidiosis in neonatal kids under field conditions
AFSSA Laboratoire d Etudes et de Recherches Caprines, 60 rue de Pied de Fond, BP 3081, 79012 Niort Cedex, France
Vet Parasitol 170:149-52. 2010
..Excretion dynamic and clinical consequences were similar in both treated kid groups. Finally, tilmicosin did not demonstrate any activity against severe kid cryptosporidiosis in field conditions...
- Efficacy of oxyclozanide against the rumen fluke Calicophoron daubneyi in experimentally infected goats
French Food Safety Agency Afssa, Laboratoire d Etudes et de Recherches Caprines, 60 rue de Pied de Fond, 79012 Niort Cedex, France
Vet J 180:265-7. 2009
..6% and 95.9% at doses of 15 and 22.5mg/kg BW, respectively, with no significant difference between the two doses. The experiment demonstrated that oxyclozanide is highly effective in reducing the number of adult paramphistomes in goats...
- Molecular characterization of Cryptosporidium isolates from high-excreting young dairy calves in dairy cattle herds in Western France
French Agency for Food, Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety, Niort, France
Parasitol Res 112:3423-31. 2013
..parvum gp60 subtypes, and MLTs. Here, in a range of oocyst excretion of 10(4)-10(7) opg, both in diarrheic and non-diarrheic calves, infection was mainly due to C. parvum and to the zoonotic subtype: IIaA15G2R1. ..
- Biological control of infective larvae of a gastro-intestinal nematode (Teladorsagia circumcincta) and a small lungworm (Muellerius capillaris) by Duddingtonia flagrans in goat faeces
AFSSA Niort, Laboratoire d Etudes et de Recherches Caprines, BP 3081, 79012 Niort Cedex, France
Parasitol Res 89:102-6. 2003
..flagrans was highly effective in reducing the larval development of T. circumcincta in goats faeces. In contrast, the fungus did not reduce M. capillaris L1 survival in faeces in our conditions...
- Dynamics of excretion and molecular characterization of Cryptosporidium isolates in pre-weaned French beef calves
French Agency for Food, Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety, Niort Laboratory, Niort, F 79024, France
Vet Parasitol 195:169-72. 2013
..C. parvum was isolated from one calf aged 13 days. This survey demonstrated the high infection rate of non-diarrhoeic beef calves by Cryptosporidium species other than C. parvum...